1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.
    Dismiss Notice

Avabel Hall of Shame

Discussion in 'Player Feedback Rating' started by rudi, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Haccy_1andOnly

Haccy_1andOnly Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Haccy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I learned this the hard way with the China Pack avatars. I wanted SO badly specific pieces out of that set. So I spun. and spun. and spun. 12Gems, down the drain. All I got was a head piece and a skirt. (Which I currently wear). I figured, oh well, I'll just sell them.

Imagine my surprise and frustration when I searched the forum for information, because I wasn't able to sell and why.
    Now I'm stuck with three China avatars rotting away in my storage collecting gems. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit Gold Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Lol haccy. happened to everyone, some ppl end up selling them to npc :O
    They could have just made an alt and put all premium items there >…< those avas can come in handy sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Haccy_1andOnly

Haccy_1andOnly Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Haccy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I'm keeping a hold of them. (Don't have time or patience for an alt). Eventually I'll get some WCCs in the future and sell them out one by one if I have to. But for 70k to an NPC, no, I'm pretty patient. lol. I'm pretty optimistic. ^.^

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Joseph

Joseph Line ID: get_murked Gold Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    My alt been in the 40's for like 5 months...

5. Naos

Naos Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Naos
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Annoyed

Annoyed Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Annoyed
    Level:
    I think someone needs to start a legit list. They've helped tons in other games I've played. Scammers can just delete and remake new toons or use bogus accounts. But a list of players with verified good trades or deals is helpful.. Just easier to know who can be trusted then who can't. If there were such a list after a bit of time one could just refer to it and if other person isn't on it then proceed at your own risk, but if they are then you know all is well and your good to go. My suggestion is someone start one of these, but it should take multiple good deals such as ticket fronts to make the list. Anyone can be honest one time just to scam freely in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ChrisEpicEdm

ChrisEpicEdm Moogle

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Epicedm
    Level:
    Guild:
    ♥«Kupo»♥
    I was thinking about making a hall of fame post too but I wanted to wait until people start posting more in the feedback section so we can have a reference of respected trades. I only made the hall of shame because there was multiple people posting about scammers. I agree a respected trade list would be better but there is also the problem of people making new accounts to give them rep as well. Either way both lists can be abused. I also asked about implementing a player trade rating. Kinda like our positive negative feedback on posts. But no matter what is done it can be abused or used. Let's start out small though and try to get members active in sharing their feedback with trades

8. Annoyed

Annoyed Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Annoyed
    Level:
    Agreed. Myself ive taken one chance in 5yrs of mmos. Luckily xdawn is good peeps and all went well.

9. ChrisEpicEdm

ChrisEpicEdm Moogle

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Epicedm
    Level:
    Guild:
    ♥«Kupo»♥
    Yeah I don't care how bad I want an item if I don't know who it is or they're like "oh but I don't have any coins" I'm out. Straight up nope from the land of nopes. I only trade with people on forums if someone I know vouches for them. There's a lot of scammers out there and it's a good idea to avoid anything that seems sketchy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Annoyed

Annoyed Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Annoyed
    Level:
    Always a nope from the land of nopes! That's freaking awesome. I agree completely, nothing's worth me kicking myself when I knew better

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aanya

Aanya New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    VulDica
    Level:
    IN GAME NAME/S: VIA
    ALT: VOC

GUILD: (always changing, currently none)

FORUM USERNAME: Viola

BRIEF DISCUSSION OF WHAT HAPPENED:

The before mentioned player VIA has been attempting to sell off numerous premium tickets, Wcc's, evo boxes,evo liquids, and supposedly 500+ gems. Suspicion first arose when she shouted "s>7 premium tickets" then moments late shouted "s>5 premium tickets" and then sequentially tried selling 3 and then 7 again (all within a 10-15 min time span). The next event was when a friend had asked VIA to stall the "evo7" she was selling for the agreed upon price (90m). After saying she stalled it, she logged and wasn't seen again. When asked later about the evo7 she had no memory of selling one.

When asked to defend herself and to show the supposed evos she is selling, she still could not.

If its to good to be true, it likely is not true.

Currently VIA is attempting to scam "via" the forums now.

http://avabelforums.com/threads/gemshop-items-for-sale-437gems.2324/

(This post was established 1 hour ago at 1:40 am EST, the time during which she was confronted ingame and logged, hence her motives for attempting the same actions on the forum instead.)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Rengar

Rengar Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Level:
    Guild:
    PulseFire
    A member of my guild edsa' who later left my guild after she stole my ticket and then unfriended me robbed me hardcore, its alot to explain but I made the post on another thread here is the link, with 2 other chars of hers so u will know who this scumbag is who stole a month of me busting my ass to get 6 mil gold to make the ticket , a fellow forum member asked me to put her in the hall of shame also, so here she is http://avabelforums.com/threads/man-that-really-p-3d-me-off.1149/page-5

13. Oracle

Oracle Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Oracle
    Level:
    Guild:
    BlackList
    I should have read this. She stole my ticket just now >_<

14. Oracle

Oracle Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Oracle
    Level:
    Guild:
    BlackList
    That Snow (with a Chinese character) did a number on me too. Be careful!

15. Rengar

Rengar Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Level:
    Guild:
    PulseFire
    How about a sreenshot of snow and the exact correct ign because there are alot of snows in game and I know about 2
    and 1 is a good friend that I known about 3 months and I know she wouldn't scam anyone so post the correct exact ign plz and screenshot them, so we know exactly who u are talking about here, thx

16. Oracle

Oracle Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Oracle
    Level:
    Guild:
    BlackList
    Here you go~
    IMG_8935.JPG IMG_8936.JPG

17. Aanya

Aanya New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    VulDica
    Level:
    IN GAME NAME/S: XRed (Lv58 Sn)
    GUILD: Hellspawn
    FORUM USERNAME: N/A

The player XRed responded to my shouts of "B> King Helm" claiming he had all the colors. After settling on a price we decided that trade was the best way to carry out the transaction. After I put in the right amount we decided on, he attached Custom Tools and Arios, telling me it was a "gift". When I asked what this meant, he explained for me to continue with the trade (me paying gold the the gifts) and then he would add the helm in a "3rd trade step", which we all know doesn't exist. He then directed me to accept the "gold for gift" trade and then accept the King Helm afterwards. Rather than simply attaching the ava to the gold in one trade, he continued to try to convince me it was a way he could know he wasn't being scammed. When I asked him to show me the king's helm by wearing it, he could not and said his brother (another player) had it. When asked why he wanted me to pay the agreed upon gold when he knew he didn't have the ava "at the moment" he said his "brother" would mail me the helm later.

It has been 2 hours and still no "brother" has contacted me. Also he has defriended me and ignored all my mail replies. For anyone reading, this player attempts to likely trick players into thinking there are 3 steps in a trade, thus leading players to believe whatever money they add to a trade is not finalized. Hopefully this prevents someone from being scammed in the future.

18. GJO

GJO Doesn't Hassle the Hoff

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    IN GAME NAME/S: DARIOUS
    UMAD
    GUILD: none
    FORUM USERNAME: unknown

The scammer was interested in Dragoon Wings. He made an agreement with the seller to trade it for 2 premium tickets and a rod Ava.
    Result: scammer got dragoon wings, seller got nothing.

19. Mocca

Mocca new line ID: moccafrap

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Mocca
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Ign: -VaSh-
    Guild: PHLegends
    Scammed guild mate for his ticket.