1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Wolf's Corner (all of wolf (Leo Striker) rogue info)

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by Leo Striker, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Thanks to @aovan for Putting this info together.
    STATS:
    will depend on your style

Concentrated: Full Str / Full Dex
    -------> These two types are experimental types as I've heard of.

Assassin/Full Potential: Full STR, Dex 20-30-40, Vit 10 (optional)
    -------> Best build for rogue similar to a DPS Warrior. Fast and Heavy Hits while landing Crits and double attacks due to Ro's passive skill; Duplex.

Being a rouge is quite flexible with PVP/PVE and your playing style would always be running around fast while 'assassinating' every opponent. It is a fun class to use and hard to beat due to constant evading/hiding skills if you know how to play it.

~~~~~~~~~~~Notes:~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can get +10 stats due to Passive/Guild Skill Upgrades
    DEX 30+10 = 40 = 40HIT bonus +4 = 44% Chance of landing a Crit.

Make sure you increase your DEX first so you can benefit from it's Crit all the way and Ro's Duplex activation rate.
    I have read many forums and it is suggested that DEX40 Cap is the safest to take, more than that theoretically lowers the chance of landing a Crit.

~~~~~~~~~~SKILLS:~~~~~~~~~~~
    Throw Dagger

A: "Endure type for long battles holding consuming amount. Can activate 3 times at most with adding inputs."
    B: "Fire power type increasing attack power in short distances. Can activate 3 times at most with adding inputs."
    C: "Far distance type with adjustments made to throw more further. Can activate 3 times at most with adding inputs."

I picked C since it is suppose to be a ranged skill of a rogue although this is not a commonly used skill of a rogue. Don't waste too much JEXP on it.

Dodge Dagger
    A: "Saver type that holds power but adjusting cool time and consumed SP."
    B: "Concentration type with more emphasis on fire power than range. Increase consumed SP and cool time"
    C: "Spread type with expanded attack range by throwing many at once."

I picked B for optimum damage. This skill is your counter-attack against incoming melee.

Hiding
    A: "Extended type with long hide condition."
    B: "Moving type holding the movements while hiding. Major decrease in defense power."
    C: "Enhanced type with faster movement speed and longer lasting while hiding. Increase consumed SP and cool time."

For optimum use, C is the best type to pick. It has a 7second cooldown and 15second hiding time to escape/stalk.

Rumble Vain (Most used skill)
    A: "Saver type by adjusting to be used continuously by holding power."
    B: "Fire power type increasing each blows damage. Long rigor."
    C: "Balance type with stable damage and short rigor."

This is your grinding/leveling skill so choose the type what fits best for you
    Heres how it works:
    when on type A, very quick can immediately roll after, wait for .5sec for cooldown after roll. Spam! Although the lowest damage compared to B/C.
    when on type B, a bit slower animation attack than A/C, can roll after, wait for 1sec for cooldown after roll BUT has the best damage.
    when on type C, quite the same quickness of A, can roll after, wait for 1sec for cooldown after roll. Dmg-wise is higher than A but lower than B.

I picked B for it's Dmg and it's cooldown+rigor is manageable. The Combo I use in grinding:
    Rumble Vain-Dodge Dagger-Hawk Assault-Rumble Vain / Rumble Vain-Dodge Dagger-Roll-Rumble Vain

Poison Knife
    A: "High rate type increased in chance to get poisoned."
    B: "Extended type with longer lasting poison."
    C: "Expanded type widening the range and making easier to attack."

I picked B for the "longer lasting" poison. I only use this skill against BOSS. This is a just for fun skill and makes you vulnerable because of it's slow movement. Can also be easily dodged.

Hawk Assault
    A: "Range type with wider attack range covering surroundings with power."
    B: "Fire power type with increased charging and higher attack power."
    C: "Enhanced type widening the charging range. Increase consumed SP and cool time."

I picked B for the best increased damage. This skill is for spam purposes too combo with Rumble Vain/Dodge Dagger.

Quick Move (Self-Buff Skill)
    "Raise movement speed by strengthening legs. Raises movement speed for a period of time."

Chasing opponents isn't difficult when you're Rogue cos of this skill. ;) They can hide but they can't run away from us, hehe. :cool:

Cast Viper (Debuff Skill)
    "Throws special daggers and stops the opponents movements."

It doesn't actually "stop" the movement of your opponent, it SLOWS them approx 3-5secs, makes them vulnerable of being hit.

Blast Venom
    "Wraps the surroundings in a poison mist, hiding them."
    [​IMG]
    A splash AoE damage that will also put you into a hiding state for 5seconds to escape/stalk

Kill Drive
    "Skill that performs a quick movement and attack."
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] A forward slash that can damage multiple opponents. It is the deadly skill of a Rogue. :blackalien:

Duplex (Passive Skill)
    "Increases number of attacks at a specific rate while attacking. Increases activate rate according to DEX."

Every hit you make is a chance of damaging extra twice. Imagine, one tap of attack button results to 2 damages w/ more chance of landing a crit, how awesome is that being a Rogue?! :woot: it also applies on attack skills.

Thanks to @Reonen Zeruel for offering his advice on what Rogue's Skill to level:
    For skills I recommend focusing on Rumble Vain, Dodge Dagger, Kill Drive and Quick Legs. When I was starting the Rogue class, I followed the guide posted in this forum, however, I regretted learning Cast Viper, waste of JEXP. So, if I didn't learn Cast Viper, both of main offensive skills Rumble Vain and Dodge Dagger should have been maxed. But I only managed to max Rumble Vain before I changed to an advance class. So, my suggestion is, learn the following skills. Numbers in brackets are the numbers you should try to get by the time you reach Lvl. 50.

- Poison Stab(3)
    - Rumble Vain(10)
    - Throw Daggers(3)
    - Dodge Dagger(10)
    - Hide(6)
    - Kill Drive(5)
    - Duplex(5)
    - Quick Legs(at least lvl 3)
    - STR/ DEX/ VIT/ HP/ SP Gain(5)

Thanks to @Ray for stating a few factors about Rogues.
    Skills: This is the biggest factor with rogue. There are a lot of skills that sound really awesome, BUT you want to limit the number of skills you level and maximize Rumble Vain and Kill Drive are your best skills. Hiding is an excellent skill to use in conjunction with the other 2.
    Build - Str and Dex are key with Rogue. You need BOTH. More Str than Dex.
    Gear - You need good gear to be a decent rogue. While this is true of any job rogues are vulnerable if you only have basic gear.
    Style of play - I never stand still with my rogue unless I am resting. Every attack flows into the next attack. First you are in front then behind. Next you are on one side then the other. Your opponent should never be able to predict where the next attack will come from.
    Thanks again guys for posting these informations I would also like for other people to Post info about Rogues like PvP in the Arena and how are the Branches of the each Rogue's Skills, would also like to have what weapon should a Rogue go for and what Armor should a Rogue wear, also what Stats should a Rogue go For.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Thanks to @Tsuken for Posting Info about the Class Rogue by comparing them to Warriors
    Okay, here's my opinion on the subject:
    As for the classes base abilities, Warriors base class build will always have more HP ATK and DEF than a rogue of equal level and build. Always. Warrior skills will also always hit harder as they are coded with higher damage values (game programming coding).

So toe to toe, Warrior is advantageous, especially for fighting multiple opponents.

Because of the atk defecite, Rogues are considerably underpowered comparably to Warriors from level 1-65. This means, a rogue will have to play and fight twice as good as any warrior/gladiator, they'll have to land 4-5x more hits and avoid almost all of a proper warrior/gladiators attacks.

However, the dodging abilities and increased speed make a rogue harder to hit. Therein lies the Balance between the two classes: no matter how much hp you have and how hard you hit, if you cant land a blow then you'll be chipped away at.

Unfortunately, rogues cant compete on any real level until base lvl 65+ (Honestly more like 70+ unless you have great gear 5*+). The reason I say this is simple: a rogues offensive power comes from a combination of base attack, duplex, and critical hits. Pre lv65 you'll find it hard to have enough stat points to have a build with required attack and dex for crit/duplex.

This isnt to say rogues cant win. Against anyone my lvl~ I typically win without being touched, because of the dodge and speed of a rogue. However, this requires exceptional combat skills. Warriors can afford to slip up on a fight a few times. A rogue can't.

The classes are balanced in my opinion, the balance being the combatants overall skill in combat. Better fighters with rogue will beat a warrior. However,

I do feel that if the same player who plays a rogue well plays a warrior, he is genuinely that much more devastating.

All In All, Warrior > Rogue, until end game when it balances out a little more. But a rogue wont have the killing power of a warrior til lvl65+. (More like 70+).

Either way though, expect long fights if you're a good rogue fighting a good warrior. Because of the amount of time it takes to kill, I am inclined to lean to warrior only because in PvP/GvG you can end up having to chase people down and have your kills stolen whereas a warrior can swing wildly and kill everyone lol

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Okay guys after Doing so Many Tests I will Reveal to you my Results:
    • Test Area: Random Dungeon Floor 70-80,
    Also note: Poison Skills are non-element skills so will do element animation of what element is in weapon in Right Hand or Left hand(offline Dungeon)
    Wolfnir lvl 70 Rogue
    Int=Dex 10Vit, 10Men
    Stat:
    ATK: 15~15 DEF 21(10)
    MATK: 88~88 MDEF 21(10)
    HIT 88
    STR 5+10=15 INT 69+10=79
    VIT 10+10=20 MEN 10+10=20
    DEX 69+10=79
    • Sword Dmg: Does the Least Dmg:300-500/Crit Dmg:350-700/Crit Rate: ?
    Heals: 8(19)
    • Dagger Dmg: Does the Most Dmg:400-600/Crit Dmg:650-900/Crit Rate: ?
    Heals:29(43)
    • Dagger/Sword Dmg: Does the Medium Dmg:350-550/Crit Dmg:400-800/Crit Rate: ?
    Heals: 19(29)
    Wolfnir lvl 70 Debuster
    Int=Dex, 10Vit, 10 Men
    Stat:
    ATK: 18~18 DEF 24(12)
    MATK: 88~88 MDEF 21(10)
    HIT: 99
    STR 5+13=18 INT 69+10=79
    VIT 10+13=23 MEN 10+10=20
    DEX 69+14=83
    • Sword Dmg: Does the Dmg:300-900/Crit Dmg:300-700/Crit Rate: 1/10
    Heals: 8(13)
    • Dagger Dmg: Does the Dmg:400-750/Crit Dmg:450-1000/Crit Rate: 1/10
    Heals:27(40)
    • Dagger/Sword Dmg: Does the Dmg:350-700/Crit Dmg:450-750/Crit Rate: 1/10
    Heals:18(27)
    1. Test on @Joseph (Murked) lvl 90, @marcocococo (Pansit) lvl 86, @Strife (Strife) lvl 81
    Poison Knife lvl 5, Blast Venom lvl 4
    Poison Skill& Poison's Status Dmg Against Full Def Armor:
    • Using Sword:

1. Poison Knife's Poison Status:59x5, 92x5
      2. Poison Knife Dmg:182,181,174,172,171
      3. Blast Venom Dmg:135,131,
      4. Blast Venom Poison Degen:59x5,92x5
    • Using Dagger:
      1. Poison Knife's Dmg: 208,208+Duplex,207,208,463(crit)
      2. Poison Knife's Poison Status:59x5 59##hp, 92x5 9376 hp
      3. Blast Venom Dmg: 164,165,398(crit), 160, 164,162,161,Crit+Duplex,163,164,160,163, 389(crit)
      4. Blast Venom's Poison Status Dmg:59x5 5.5k , 92x5 9376 hp
    test with Bomackin lvl 64, Urdadi lvl 70
    Poison Skill&Poison Status Dmg Against Full Mdef Armor:
    • Using Sword

1. Poison Knife's Poison Status:34x5, 36x5 3750 Hp
      2. Poison Knife's Dmg:330,331,
      3. Blast Venom's Poison Status:34x5
      4. Blast Venom's Dmg: 270,271, 272,273
    • Using Dagger
      1. Poison Knife's Poison Status:
      2. Poison Knife's Dmg:
      3. Blast Venom's Poison Status:
      4. Blast Venom's Dmg:
    was not Completed cause was not necessary.
    Poison Knife lvl 5, Blast Venom lvl 5
    @marcocococo (Pansit lvl 87) Poison Status test result:55x5 5.5khp
    @Joseph (Murked lvl 90) Poison Status Test Results: 92x5 9.3khp
    @bomackin (bomackin lvl 64) Poison Status Test Results: 36x5 3.7khp
    Testing Build: STR=INT=DEX
    • using Sword
      1. Poison Knife's Dmg: 175,195
      2. Poison Knife's Poison Status: 55x5
      3. Blast Venom's Dmg:162, 157, 163+Duplex,160,154,401(crit)
      4. Blast Venom's Poison Status: same Dmg
    • Using Dagger
      1. Poison Knife's Dmg: 253,266,267,254,267,247
      2. Poison Knife's Poison Status:59x5, 62x5
      3. Blast Venom's Dmg:216,215,213,214,214
      4. Blast VEnom's Poison Status: same Dmg
    Results: Poison Status takes 5% of Max HP
    Poison Status Doesn't Change on Matk, Atk, or Skill lvl try Blast Venom lvl 4&5 but seem to change Dmg only also BullTrap lvl 10 was Tested and Prove that Poison Status did the same Dmg as well Concluded that Poison Status Dmg is base on 5% of Player's Max HP.
    Note to Self: Make sure to not get @Joseph & @marcocococo to help with test cause it goes to their heads quickly.
    Okay I got Bulltrap to lvl 9 and Poison Knife to lvl 6 and I choose Longer Lasting Type to See how much ticks it does at lvl 1-5 it does 5 ticks meaning 1 tick per 3 seconds of Damage Equal to 1% of Target Max HP. So when I Choose Longer Lasting Type it does 7 ticks , 1 Tick Per 3 Seconds of Damage Equal to 1% of Target Max HP. Note: I was mistaken for thinking it does Damage equal to 5% of Target's Max HP

Last edited: May 22, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Joseph

Joseph Line ID: get_murked Gold Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    (note damage was higher on me because my armor was not maxed)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    And bcos you got the most HP. :D

@wolf your data is a bit messed up. You should clean it up a little, make a tabulated form or just use simple bullets and numberings. I can understand it bcos you did the test with me but i guess other ppl will find it hard to understand. :) Good job btw. Thumbs up for the effort.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Joseph

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    well the best way would be for him to re do those tests with me to see if mdef did have a difference since now my gear got lvled so im gooooooooodddddddd come at me bro got like 404 def W/O ring now lol let me stop before i get challengers that i dont want sooo let me know when you wanna test (aka when i actually got free time) and we can go over it again be sure to keep the old information so that you can compare it to the old results... also im probably gonna put a link to my name since i was mentioned... yeah...

7. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Put a link on my name too lol thanks xD

8. Joseph

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I did i went ahead and did it for all yall now we got to stop talkin about ourselves before i have to make a off topic thread -_-

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Alright I have Listed More Builds That I have thought of for Rogues:

Rogue's Builds:
    Power Rogues Builds:
    Str>Dex: For Rogues that Value Power over Duplex this Build does High Damage but Medium Duplex,Crit Chances though and leaves you weak Defense.
    Str>Vit: For Rogues that Want High Dmg and to Be Tough enough to take hits, Lowest Duplex, Crits Chances.
    Full Str: Rogues that just want Highest Dmg, Lowest Duplex, Crit Chances.
    Assassin Build: Full Str, Dex 30, 10 Vit(Optional): Has Highest Dmg, while Still Have a better but still low Chance of Duplex, Crits.
    Duplex Rogue's Build:
    Dex>Str: Rogues that Value Duplex and Crits while Having High-Medium Dmg, Weak in Defense.
    Dex>Vit: Rogues that Want High Chance of Duplex and Crits but still able to takes Hits and live, Lowest Dmg.
    Full Dex: Rogues that want Crits, Duplex to Rain Down on Target, Lowest Dmg, and are weak in Defense.
    Twin Assassin: Full Dex, Str 30, 10 Vit (optional):Has Highest Chances of Getting Duplex and Crits to rain down on Target,Low Dmg.
    Advance Class's Passive Build:
    Debuster: Dex>Str=Vit: Rogue that Has High Chance of Duplex and Crits, while have Medium Dmg and Medium HP and Def.
    Storm Raider: Str>Dex=Vit: Rogue that Has High Dmg, while Medium Chance of Duplex, Crits, and Medium HP and Def.
    Str=Vit=Dex: Rogue that have Medium Dmg,HP,Def,and Medium Chances of Duplex and Crits it a Balance Build of Rogue's Main Stats
    Note: Power Rogues can Choose any of the 3 Branches of Skills.
    Duplex Rogues can Choose any of the 3 Branches of Skills but is Advise they choose the Fire Power as it helps them Do more Dmg.
    Rogues that are Duplex and Power can Choose any of the 3 Branches of Skills, it depends on Power&Duplex Rogue's if they want more Dmg, Spamming,Less SP cost, or Enhanced the Skill.

Note:These are Builds are just Based on what People who Play Rogues Might want to do base on what Stat(s) they value more than the other Stats also when reach lvl 90 you then have 178 Stat Points to do what you will.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    okay I have done a testing about Dex and might or might not Do more testing so here it is:
    Dex test:
    Floor 16
    Wolfnir lvl 73 Sr
    Note= 1=Crit hit, 2=Duplex hit, 3=Duplex'crit hit
    (lvl 73 Sea Oak)# of Crits,# of Duplex,# of Duplex's Crits out of 200Hits:11311221131222211213213222212112121131322132213212131211312122211321221312311222221222111113112213112112331222212213
    #of Crits:50, #of Duplex:48, #of Duplex's Crits:18
    (lvl 73 Bogi)Crits,Duplex,Duplex's Crits out of 200Hits:232221222311322122313121212321122112322123211212221223132121212112223213121222122111231222121
    #of Crits:33, #of Duplex:46, #of Duplex's Crits:13
    (lvl 73 Mellow) Crits,Duplex, Duplex's Crits out of 200Hits:11112122122221223221122111212132212132211212121231232231212123212213123222121222212131222221
    #of Crits:33, #of Duplex:48, #of Duplex's Crits:10
    Edit:
    Wolfnir lvl 73 Storm Raider
    HP 3969
    SP 632
    ATK 102-102 DEF 23(11)
    MATK 15-15 MDEF 21(10)
    HIT 101
    STR 72+14=86 INT 5+10=15
    VIT 10+12=22 MEN 10+10=20
    DEX 72+13=85
    this is When I have no Arms on.
    Wolfnir lvl 73 Storm Raider
    HP 4463 SP 965
    ATK 359-367 DEF 125(216)
    MATK 107-107 MDEF 129(226)
    HIT 104
    STR 72+17=89 INT 5+10=15
    VIT 10+12=22 MEN 10+10=20
    DEX 72+16=88
    This is when I have Arms on.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. FarmPig

FarmPig New Member

In Game Name:
    FarmPig
    What was your Dex and Hit?

Also, since Sea Oak is only about 7% higher than the other 2, I'll book it as a "streak of lucky crits"

Edit: Also, notice how DEX itself is actually a double benefit?

1) duplex procc chance is about 25%
    2) crit chance on duplex procc is equal to crit chance of normal hits.

All of that further supports the theory of going at least 2:1.5 STR/DEX ratio (if the scaling of dex crit and duplex procc are linear - which we will find out soon)

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  12. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Rogues guide complication?

13. SantanO

SantanO New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    SantanO
    Level:
    Hello i have 45 lvl and its almost 5 lvls till i lvl up. But ima have question is that true that assisin should be full dex to lvl up? Cuz one of my guildmates said it and ima kind of lost this guied says full str is ok help.

14. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    it not True and How you want to go is up to you I just put Different Builds and Descriptions of what the Builds do for you to choose which you want Full Dex is Unleashing Duplex Full Potential while Full Str is........like a Warrior Unleashing your Full Dmg Potential....not Really Much to say about Full Str really.

15. SantanO

SantanO New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    SantanO
    Level:
    Thanks thats the reply that i wanted to hear! Also i wanted to know if i have rumble at 8 now and dodge dagges at 5 will they still be available when i make a profession change? Because i am not sure if i finish daggers while i hit level of change?

16. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    all Advance Classes use their Own Skills+Basic Class's Skills just that you can't use Basic Class's Jexp on Advance Class's Skills only Advance Class's Jexp on Advance Class and Basic Class's Skills

17. SantanO

SantanO New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    SantanO
    Level:
    So if ima sn i can still finish lvling rv and dd?

18. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    sn? Yes as either Ro, Sr, Db, As, or Si you can Still Lvl up your Basic Class's Skills

19. Bhor

Bhor New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Bhor
    Level:
    Guild:
    AnonymusBR
    There is any 90 rogue here?
    Im currently going full STR, i saw here they changed DEX, so it's not "worth" anymore (that's what i saw here, and im here registered to solve my doubt), but some days passed, some updates rolled out and i wonder if they fix the DEX thing, if it's worth to restatus on 80 and go full DEX,

20. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    *Hand Signs* Shinobi Style! Summoning @Strife Justsu! *Puff of Smoke*

• Like Like x 2