1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Wizard (Wz/Wiz) Advanced Class

Discussion in 'Magician' started by Taibasa Tsuyou, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    As @WHITE94 noticed that there wasn't a Wizard Guide here yet... @Elucio wanted me to make one. x'D

First of all
    Requirements: Being Level 50+, 20x Hard Crystal, 40x Sharp Crystal

The numbers behind every type in brackets are the amount of SP the skill uses at Level 10!!

Lv1: 1800
    Lv2: 3960
    Lv3: 6480
    Lv4: 12420
    Lv5: 19800
    Lv6: 46800
    Lv7: 99000
    Lv8: 243000
    Lv9: 612000
    Lv10: 1386000

Magician Hands
    Learn the knowledge for Wizard and raise basic status.
    Lv1: +1 INT
    Lv2: +1 INT
    Lv3: +1 DEX
    Lv4: +1 MEN
    Lv5: +1 INT
    Lv6: +1 DEX
    Lv7: +1 MEN
    Lv8: +1 INT
    Lv9: +1 DEX
    Lv10: +1 MEN

Grand Fang
    Earth element magic that gives out attack in a line collecting the magic powers of the ground. Effective range will differ with long pushing the skill button.

A (24 SP): Type with stable magic power enhanced in a good balance.
    B (28 SP): Type with shortened charge time by consuming more SP.
    C (20 SP): Continuous type that holds power with adjusting consumed SP and cooling time.
    ___________Charge time: 3,0 sec | Cast time: FC: 2,5 sec (NFC: 3,5 sec) | Cooldown: 3,0 sec
    Personally I choose Type C for the low SP usage. Though I can also recommend you to take Type B for the short charge time. It depends on what you prefer and/or what your play-style is.
    Not fully charged this skill let the earth appear above the ground in one line forward. Fully charged it has a more wide range in the front.

Wind Thrust
    Wind element magic that gives out attack in a line collecting the magic powers of the sky. Effective range will differ with long pushing the skill button.

A (28 SP): Type with stable magic power enhanced in a good balance.
    B (27 SP): Type with shortened charge time by consuming more SP.
    C (23 SP): Continuous type that holds power with adjusting consumed SP and cooling time.
    ___________Charge time: 3,0 sec | Cast time: FC: 2,5 sec (NFC: 3,5 sec) | Cooldown: 4,0 sec
    Same here; Personally I choose Type C for the low SP usage. Though I can also recommend you to take Type B for the short charge time. It depends on what you prefer and/or what your play-style is.
    Not fully charged this skill makes 2 mini cyclones from left and right, towards the enemy. Fully charged it has 1 Cyclone in the front, making multiple hits.

Dark Edge
    Creates a negative magic power in surroundings and gives harm to ones touched. The blade will go through the heart.

Requirement: Grand Fang Lv 5, Wind Thrust Lv 3
    A (20 SP):
    Spread type with wider attack range holding power.
    B (20 SP): Fire power type with increased power narrowing the attack range.
    C (24 SP): Enhanced type that consumes more SP and widens the power and range.
    ___________Charge time: none | Cast time: 3,0 sec | Cooldown: 5,5 sec
    Despite the 2 other active skills being charge-type, this one is an instant-type. I choose Type C for range and power. SP wouldn't be really a problem here, so it's safe to go with this type. Don't forget this skill is also Dark Element, which already has a huge advantage over Fire, Water, Wind, Earth and Light.
    Handy when cornered by mobs. Every foe who touches (stands within range) are target and gets hits by a scythe that appears from the ground.

Personally I use Wind Thrust in the PvE the most. In Rushes I use Dark Edge the most. And I think all of these are great for PvP; Grand Fang can be fast and unpredictable, as a lot of players would expect you to do the famous quick Wind Thrust. Wind Thrust itself is on of the quick skills a Mage has. Not sure about Dark Edge actually, but it could have protential since it's still quite fast and it's Power is nice.

FC = Fully Charged
    NFC = Not Fully Charged

IMG_1012.PNG
    Grand Fang - Not Fully Charged.

IMG_1014.PNG
    Grand Fang - Fully Charged.

IMG_1016.PNG
    Wind Thrust - Not Fully Charged.

IMG_1017.PNG
    Wind Thrust - Fully Charged.

IMG_1025.PNG
    Dark Edge Hits.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Elucio

Elucio Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    Just what I would expect from an otaku!
    NICE GUIDE!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scire

Scire (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Scire
    Very well made. Kudos!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Wow....................I actually Haven't Saw a lot Wizards using those other Skills so this Shock me when I saw this Guide and mentioning those other 2 Skills I can Say that the other Skills look very impressive.
    Also Very Nice Job of this Guide.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Thanks~ ^o^)/
    And yup, a lot of players are just blinded by just Wind Thrust. But the other 2 skills are still very useful, despite being "unpopulair".
    also glad to see that this still helps, despite being -for now- the last one to be made Ö
    -still wondering why I've never noticed there wasn't a Guide for Wizard yet, nor that someone else made one.. o_O-

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Yeah it such a Shame and it this also Disturb me of why I didn't notice Magician Class Section didn't have a Thread for Wizard..............slip my Mind too many times for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. WHITE94

WHITE94 Active Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kogaan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Unique
    Is the cast of Grand Fang faster than Magician's Ice Spear? (It's like the only adv class Earth Element skill, right?)

8. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Yes, it similar, but it depends on the branch you choose.
    Ice Spear is an instand skill, with cast time. But Grand Fang has to charge (holding the skill shortcut to charge). So it depends.
    Most of the times people tends to charge while another skill is still casting (e.g. Blizzard).
    I can try noting down some cooldowns...but only for the branches I've chosen. Need someone else's co-operation to get the others; Think Type B and C would get a Cooldown time noted then.

Though I can say this: Grand Fang and Wind Thrust has an advantage of still being able to walk (but slower) while charging, when Ice Spear can't.

And yes, Grand Fang is the only Earth Element within the Advanced Classes Skills. In total it's only 2, with Rock Mace (Magician's) being the other one.

EDIT: That said. There could be more skills being Earth that differs for everyone. If your weapon has an Earth Element, all the None Element Skills will become Earth Element~ (Scud Soul, Tetra Laser) (;V )

9. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue

Lol bravo man. Not many know that about mage

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Edited now with Charged time, Cast time and Cooldown below the branch type C's. Now I only need someone else to do these for Type B for Wind Thrust an Grand Fang. If someone has a Type A and/or B for Dark Edge too, it would be great to have the times for it too. ^o^)/

11. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Finally a wz guide. Good job!
    Just made the thread sticky ^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Johnz

Johnz New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    D` Law
    Level:
    Guild:
    TeamPH
    Thanks for the clean and clear guide Taibasa! I always wondered why there isnt a wizard adv class guide and here it is now! This helped me with my choices of adv class!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Luxx

Luxx BARDCORE

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    EviLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    lostsouls
    I chose shorter charge on wind thrust and grand fang.

Ice spear is like the no charge on grand fang. Except grand fang hits a straight line, and ice spear has 3(branch) spears with safe zones between those spaces.

Ditch ice spear, spam grand fang instead..your most guaranteed a hit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    I always thought of ice spear to be that facade move to scare your foe into rolling (often works), those dumb enough to get hit are often easy pray. Lol just imagen this move is the same as a puffer fish getting big to intimidate its predtors.

I do like the ice spear cause i can move around while those bits of summoned ice are still being summoned. Granted i dont get far before the move finishes lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Luxx

Luxx BARDCORE

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    EviLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    lostsouls
    I personally use both. I tend to use GF in pvp, haven't found any fire mobs my level..ice spear is fun to use with the extended range, it does pretty good damage also.

I haven't tried this, have you ever hit 1 person 3 times with ice spear? Or is it 1hit in general?

16. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    At best i land 1-2 hits per spell with ice spear. They arent dumb enough to walk/dash through all spear summon signs.

17. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    One question what skill do more damage in one hit? Grand fang or wind thrust?

18. Luxx

Luxx BARDCORE

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    EviLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    lostsouls
    Grand Fang uncharged and charged hits one time. Uncharged wind thrust can hit twice, charged wind thrust hits 4 times..which is the way to use it lol

But when it comes to damage per hit, grand fang wins. It's a high damage, 1hit skill.

Sometimes I hit 1k+ to nubs in pvp with grand fang max.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Its hard to hit with grand fang?

20. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Its just like any other skill if you free cam.

• Like Like x 1