1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

What Do You Play Avabel On?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Joseph, Mar 3, 2014.

?

So Do You Like Your Device?

1. Yup I Love It

81.3%
  2. Naw I Hate It but I Deal with It

14.1%
  3. Not in the Least... Is my upgrade ready yet?

4.7%
  1. Joseph

Joseph Line ID: get_murked Gold Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Well the title is pretty self explanatory, you can list some problems the generally occur when playing avabel with your device as well as some benefits that you see from your device. Sooooo lets get to it...

I have a Samsung Note 2 thats rooted on stock OS with Perseus kernel and exposed (thats how I'm able to play avabel cause it wont allow a rooted device to play the game)
    Benefits:
    Big screen and fits in your pocket
    Lots of ram to keep the game from going to minimum settings mostly (2 gigs of RAM after system apps running you have about a Gig of RAM left)
    Should be pretty cheap now ($300 last time i checked (no contract))
    Big battery so you can play for hours

Flaws:
    Sometimes if I have like 10 apps running in the background the game will lower the graphics settings but you can easily turn them back on in game
    it can be hard to handle if you have small fingers (I hold it fine though)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. ChrisEpicEdm

ChrisEpicEdm Moogle

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Epicedm
    Level:
    Guild:
    ♥«Kupo»♥
    I play on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.

I never had graphics issues
    The only issue i have is how much it drains my battery, i have to make sure all apps are closed and have it on optimal power settings with the screen turned down really low.
    other then that, it runs perfectly, the screen is perfect size, and resolution is awesome.

All around a great phone for gaming on.

3. CatRoot

CatRoot Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    CatRoot
    Level:
    Guild:
    ✌/PL
    few days ago i use LG 4XHD custom slim bean, kernel iodak but screen damaged :dead: Now i play on LG G2 stock and i'm impressed.

Benefits:
    High graphic settings

RAM Ok (free 600~350)
    Flaws:
    Little to small for Avabel and my hands
    Full battery ~3h play, still not enough for me

• Like Like x 1
  4. bomackin

bomackin Custom Title Here

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I Play on an Ipod 5th gen

I am sitting here in envy at Joseph's "con"

I can't have ANY apps open to even run avabel without crashing every 2 mins XD.
    Even with no apps open it crashes atleast every 30 mins.
    I put my ipod into "safe mode"(a jailbreak feature that helps apps run faster) and it still crashing and lagging like crazy.

Yup, Joseph, I can't even have 10 apps open with out auto closing the last app I was in.( at best my ram is 180)
    XD I'm getting an Android soon I hope.

:p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dimples

Dimples Dimply dim dim~ ‚ô™

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Leanne
    Level:
    Guild:
    Saint
    I use Googe Nexus 7, uhh, I think on Kitkat 4.4.2? It's pretty decent, and the RAM can handle the game pretty fine. —I just have lag issues, and usually gets stuck on [Link...] while selling or viewing the in the Stall.

It's not too big like my other 10.1" tablet, and it's not small like my phone. So very comfy to use. *.*

I usually bring it with me during trips where phone battery is very valuable. —And I can comfortably watch movies or read books. The battery can last about a whole day, but Avabel eats battery for breakfast so I could only stay unplugged for about 3 hours or so.

However, what I voted upon here is my phone, Acer Liquid E1. While possesing the same RAM as my N7, it can run Avabel just fine...but the battery drains too fast, and the screen is too small for any acrobatic hand movements...

AND ONE MAJOR FLAW: While charging, when the phone gets very hot, and there's a force cooldown mode that stops charging your phone if it reaches 122 °F. Thus, I had to put ice compress on the back of the device, if I wanted to continue playing and charging at the same time. sob.

But I still love the phone, and am using it for non-stress task like reading books and reading forums. *.*

• Like Like x 2
  6. Asectic

Asectic Journeying Minister

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    I use Samsung Galaxy S3, with root + CyanogenMod ROM. Before with just root and normal stock, I had the problem of not accessing beyond the title but that's well past me now.

Some good points...
    - Awesome graphics, never get those Blue avatars due to lack of RAM.
    - I believe I can have apps running in the background, though how much I don't check. But do know couple can be run.

And the ever so bad points...
    - The usual gameplay + custom drains my phone's battery life in a matter of a mere hour. I'm not really kidding, it's sort of to the point where I have to shut my data and wifi off normally during the day. Or bring a mini usb-style charger everyday if I decide I want to use the internet. But considering I only play at home, never really bothered when playing Avabel.
    - When the game gets busy with overflow of players in floors, or normally scheduled lag times, holy LAG MEISTER my character can barely move.

I think with the changes and customizations I ruined my phone's battery. Meh, the faster speed and new screen look is totally worth it XD

7. Dimples

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Leanne
    Level:
    Guild:
    Saint
    How can you all play with root on? o.o

8. Joseph

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    lol wait 180Mb of ram o_O LMAO I'm sorry bro thats tragic Apple takes a L for that

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Joseph

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    i can through using an exposed module that masks your modified device status and makes it show normal and boom i can play but if yall cant tell i dont hack or anything cause if i did id be rich af and not labeled as the brokest gm in avabel lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dimples

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Leanne
    Level:
    Guild:
    Saint
    ...omg, I don't really understand. Isn't there an app or something eaiser? x.x;; —I guess, I'll ask my siblings, since they're the ones responsible for rooting my devices. *.*

But this is the first time I've heard of this, so even being aware is also good, and that's a headstart. Thanks!

11. Joseph

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    your welcome i think you have to have at least gingerbread to run exposed and a samsung device to run the module that i use to hide my status but theres another module but it didnt work for me

12. Dimples

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Leanne
    Level:
    Guild:
    Saint
    Oh, my devices are on Kitty Kat, and one left behind on Jelly. By now, it should be supported since Kitty Kat has been around for 4 months now. \o/ —But no Samsung, just two ASUS and one ACER device. Hopefully it works~

...now, I can possibly do duo-play again. *.* —Twice loots, twice Crystals...

13. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Ipod touch 5th Gen. and Android HTC Desire 601. Got the Android a few weeks ago cause needed a new phone but wanted one that can play avabel and Install apps on Android to free up ram to play Avabel so Dc don't happen a lot and now i can play on avabel on two device and have Ipod be more music than games.

14. Grawrz

Grawrz Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOLARS Inc
    I'm playing on a Galaxy Note 8.0. This was *supposed* to be a work tablet, but then I stumbled onto Avabel Online, now I have to control myself while at work so I don't get fired :p I use it to doodle on my screenies sometimes XD Screen is great, but yeah this game is a battery hog (as most 3D games are). Only drawback is that I have a wifi only device so I have to be tethered to my phone before I can play.

I really like this tablet, but I have to separate work from play so I'm planning on buying this phone, since it has a massive 4000mAH battery (the reviewer's test shows it can last 6 hours of continuous 3D gaming, but its going to heat up). My only concern is that it only has 2 point multitouch. I'm not sure if that's going to hamper me because all I really use is 2 thumbs while playing.

edit: Oh, in case you have no idea what that phone is, it's only available in the Philippines, selling at 5.5k php (roughly $122~).

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  15. aleph

aleph Active Member

I play on an original ipad mini and an ipad air. Strangely enough I have lots of tech but no cell phone, let alone a smartphone. The mini crashes randomly in revere maybe once every couple of hours but I think it might be specific avatars that it doesn't like. The air is fantastic. For awhile I attempted to play on a 4th generation iPod touch but it would crash trying to display the damage from holy ray on a single mob. The big screens (compared to phone-sized ones) really help with multi device playing. These are my only two devices that Avabel is playable on. On my previous mobile MMO I used to play up to 4 devices at once but the game mechanics were simpler and system demands were lower.

Tip for people doing in app purchases on iOS (and this is not an Apple fanboyesque pitch; I'm platform agnostic): idk about other countries but here in Canada iTunes cards frequently go on sale. It usually rotates thru the various vendors - Walmart, 711, Superstore (and other stores owned by the Loblaws chain), Sears, future shop, best buy, various national drugstore chains, as well as some of the regional ones like London Drugs, etc. These days the discount is about 15% (used to be 20%). I picked up a $50 at future shop for $42.50 tonight. Makes the monthly tickets on 2 devices very slightly less painful. I think this discounting is common in America as well. No idea if they do this for the google play store.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. GodIy

GodIy New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Godiy
    Level:
    Guild:
    FuZe
    Samsung galaxy S4

17. Lucksly

Lucksly Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Lucksly
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus for now. My daily smartphone. Rooted and Modded of course. KitKat Vanir Rom with DirtyV kernel.

18. Kooari

Kooari Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Xorion
    Level:
    Guild:
    illusion
    Samsung Note 3, the 50' flat screen of phones lol. I love it! Was gonna root it but I don't really have a need to do so right now. My phone has lots of cool features (or so I'm told). I'm not sure if I'll ever figure them out b/c I'm on Avabel so much now. I almost have a hard time figuring out rather to consider it a phone or a handheld gaming system these days... *call ignored* "If it's really important you'll leave a voicemail!" hahazzz

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Armian

Armian New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Armian
    Level:
    I've been playing on my Kindle Fire (first gen) which is rooted. I might get better performance out of it by flashing a ROM, as currently I do have to tone down the graphics to the point where I'm seeing blue people for smoother gameplay.

I also have the option of playing on my Galaxy S3, but I haven't tested it out as I'm already having battery issues with the phone. But I'm sure the gameplay will be smoother.

20. Almuranazz

Almuranazz Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Almuran
    Level:
    Guild:
    B O S S
    Im playing on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device; 4.3 Jellybean. So far so good. The device is so good that I now rarely use a desktop to play games, chat, facebook, forums, record demo songs, read books, or even do some photo edits. I have this app named sketchbook and it's like a photoshop to me. Since the screen is 5.5 inches wide so i guess its enough as a substitute for laptop and desktop computers. It really is a very convenient device. U can surf and play anywhere as along as you have mobile data or wifi connection available.Graphics are fine. I just did some screenshots in game last night and was amazed by the result. Since galaxy note 2 just recently released their firmware update to 4.3 jellybean with enhanced graphics, screenshots had become even more better.

The problem is the game starts to lag when there's so much crowd for the device to handle. I am randomly having stop-dance motions on my character and lag spikes during pvps. I cannot blame my device for all reasons since we all know that the server itself is really laggy even on channels with less people.