1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Weapon for Creator? Dual blunt or dual axe? Or blunt and axe??

Discussion in 'Creator' started by JerraldXD, Mar 3, 2014.

1. JerraldXD

JerraldXD New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    MaLibog
    Level:
    Guild:
    FILIPINO
    And kindly explain why? :) I'm really confused what weapon to use. Thanks.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Donny

Donny Member

In Game Name:
    Buddha
    Level:
    Guild:
    Armada
    Choose what you like and read the forums:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Skullpion

Skullpion New Member

Class:
    Creator
    I'm pretty new to the game and from what I've read, most of them CRs uses axe+mace.
    Although, they mentioned that they have to be the same parameters or something coz it reduces your damage if they're different...
    something like that - still trying to figure out (.__. )
    uhhh maybe both of them should be strengthened to the same lvl?
    like an axe and a mace both 3stars and upgraded to lvl30?

4. Erigor

Erigor New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    My alt is a creator and i use duel daggers with i like alot o_O though i cant use a few skill due to it and im sure useing daggers loses some damage, but thats my choice although when i get to lvl 50 ill probably have to chance weapons to axe or blunt unless one of the adv. classes can use daggers with there skill.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Nicolas XD

Nicolas XD New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Death note
    axe and blunt for good damage and not so good heal but is better than like 10
    :);)

6. JerraldXD

JerraldXD New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    MaLibog
    Level:
    Guild:
    FILIPINO
    Thank you guys. I now understand these creator builds. I'm lv. 77 now

7. Nicolas XD

Nicolas XD New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Death note
    wtf lv 77 lol
    help me im only lv 64
    :)o_O:alien:

8. Nicolas XD

Nicolas XD New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Death note
    now im only axe
    im enchanter, i put dark fragment i do super criticals hits
    when i need hp i equip the mace and do the heal potion skill
    lol:):bawling::cool::p

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. bomackin

bomackin Custom Title Here

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I'm level 64, no int.

I use ax right, blunt left.

Crack bind from ax is boss, but my heal is also high enough that i can support myself on floor 18 without fear of dying.
    Dual wield is beneficial to creators in so many ways, if your not too pressed for gold go dual ax/blunt

If your always in parties with healers maybe do pure ax.

If your low on gold and solo or don't usually have an aco in your parties, use blunt full time.

10. JerraldXD

JerraldXD New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    MaLibog
    Level:
    Guild:
    FILIPINO
    I use axe and blunt too. Currently lv. 80 now.
    They say I lvled fast. But very low in Jexp. Didn't mastered any job yet.haha
    Rdg is my focus now for jexps.
    I'm mastering B.smith to get the atk buff then proceed to Enchanter as main Job to use.
    I guess I'm doing fine.

11. RenoVII

RenoVII Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    RenoVII
    Level:
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    Axe Blunt is probably the best bet, ull have the best of both worlds by being able to use all skills and still be able to get moderate heals so long as you keep a good mace.

12. Benedict Paul Magcaling

Benedict Paul Magcaling New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    PauL
    i prefer axe on the right hand then blunt on the left hand. because of the skill for axe. and for the dmg it will just balance your minimum dmg and maximum dmg. about potion mist i heal 150 per tick still very helpful and dont forget we also have hp pots so no worries at all.

13. 『The † Jo』

『The † Jo』 ☞†☜

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Jo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RagNaroK
    Honestly I find Bone Crush to be more effective then the AoE counter part any day. Letting me equip a mace and shield for added def is awesome combined with debuff but... thats just me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Benedict Paul Magcaling

Benedict Paul Magcaling New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    PauL
    I agree Bone crash skill is helpful too but in terms of dps i rather use wield blow again and again since we have heal, we can compensate the incoming dmg. For pvp it might be useful but very slow and less chance to land.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. 『The † Jo』

『The † Jo』 ☞†☜

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Jo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RagNaroK
    The increase in dmg is slight at best. Plus mace in right hand isn't gimped like having it in the off hand. Tomahawk from sm is much better IMO. The axe move does look cool though...

16. bomackin

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    It does a lot more than just look cool in my opinion.
    Yes, if you are wanting to grind solo on floors above your level, Blunt/Shield is undoubtedly best.
    Ok, look at all the creator's skills.
    which skills have any area damage?
    *Wield blow(extremely small, but semi existent)
    *Acid spash(Its damage is rather small... )
    *Flame bottle(again, low damage)
    *Tomahawk(Much better damage, still not uber high, duration is good)
    *Crack bind(High damage, massive aoe, slightly longer "casting" time, and it does look boss)

Now lets look at the useful skills in PvP/GvG
    *acid splash,debuff effect and very low damage.
    *Heal,well... it heals you....
    *Wield blow, ONLY useful if you have stunned someone, or a magician is casting spell, you'll take more damage then you give out other wise.
    *Buster Slugger,same as wield blow, good damage, but extremely slow.
    *Tomahawk, aoe, reasonable damage, duration.
    *Kernel shot, infinite slopped range, good damage, random elemental.
    *Crack Bind, Massive damage, massive area, a little slow.

So, using those skills, a blunt creator will really be left with one offensive skill that does not require a stun to be useful, either kernel shot, or the Tomahawk.(both at the same time is impractical as you need to job master to Enchanter for the crit bonus passive, and you need the attack boost from the Sm) so you are limited to one skill with a blunt, you could use Wield blow, but that puts you at a major disadvantage with how slow it is. I did not include Bone Crush in that list as its chance to hit is rather small and its effectiveness in PvP has not been shown as of yet, even if/when it is tho, it is not a damage skill, but is just a debuff effect with small damage.

Using an Axe/Blunt, you add crack bind to the mix.
    Now you have long range damage, that is as high as your wiled blow, in one hit with two chances to crit.
    So now ideally your offensive skills all job mastered out would be: Wield blow and buster slugger for stuns, Kernel shot for range, Crack Bind for long range, wide damage, attack buff from Sm(its OP, other wise tomahawk would be here) Lost brave from Alch(local debuff effect cutting damage by half). Crack bind expands the offensive abilities of a creator massively, in GvG you can get multiple kills in one skill, can hit 5 people easy, and you don't have to be close to them.

Then for PvE:
    Solo, on high floors, yes, blunt ftw.
    Partying/low floor soloing:
    Your Bone Crush will lose most of its effectiveness(unless boss fighting)
    Your heal will be weak compared to the healer in your party's heal and will not be as needed.
    You will become a drag on the party unless you optimize dps out put.

So with that, its best to use an ax/blunt when in a party with a healer.

Thats the conclusion I have come to.

Also, just fyi, my heal with Axe/Blunt on level 64 is completely sufficient to support me on floor 17 and 18 at 113-200 hp per tick, 130-230 with Sm buff.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 『The † Jo』

『The † Jo』 ☞†☜

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Jo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RagNaroK
    @bomackin: Yes I see your view and why you think I would be limited but, before you can criticize nearly all of a creators skill you need to realize the Max potential of said skill also you need the stats to back up skill.

Now because of my build which is mostly dex all the damage is minimal indeed if non-critical. Now originally were discussing Crack and Bone so let's not get ahead of the topic eh?

My logic on it is simple. We Cr have a unique thing that I dont think most people realize is that we can control the flow of combat. Decreasing stats to compensate for a lot of low dmg moves.

-BONE CRUSH-
    At most with my build at lvl 58 it does at most 500 dmg on my lvl mobs. Minimal indeedindeed but the fact that this skill eases the pressure of keeping you and others alive. Combined with a 260-400 tick heal you not dying anytime soon plus this enables you to become stationary and cast skills. PvE this skill can hit an entire group. Pvp this skill is easy to pull off plus fast recovery low duration animation.

-Crack Bind-
    As mentioned beautiful AoE. With my build it does About 700 damage Max and takes some time consuming...... ....... That's it.

It doesn't benefit me in any other way. Just another space sorry that if equipped lowers my heal potential, Have to use constantly andunless mobs are near each other CB is just wasted MP and delayed time opening you for incoming damage. Yes in Pvp I wait for CB to be used and thats when I hit because its easily predicted also easily dodged.

Of course these facts are only tailored to my build in which I benefit. IN which I am very Party viable and more so solo viable. I farm Floor 14 which is mobs above my lvl so I am satisfied.

Moral of the story, Crack Bind if ur str based and Bone Crush when int based. Savy?

Yes with a healer life is indeed easier but, Creator in my opinion is a support and always will be. We will never do the most damage nor heal the most. Although we support both which is pretty much a Red Mage if you played final fantasy games. Hence in and I guess solely my opinion Bone is superior for the purposes in which it was intended. Mainly PvE Yes but we can help in Pvp and not be "MVP". High stun with a active stun move and anyone is dead GvG without you even doing dps.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. bomackin

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Mhm... savvy, how ever, before fully agreeing with everything you said(please do not find this contentious, I am merely searching for the truth :p) You speak often on the powerful debuffing powers of the BC.
    My question would be, do you know how much it actually debuffs?
    second, is that debuff actually necessary or can your heal hold up just fine?
    Third, is that debuff more valuable than the added damage you could have gotten from a WB or a CB?
    If those can be clearly answered I believe it will be much easier to come to a clear end point.

I would also like to say about BC in PvP, it is faster than CB but its range is small, and again, its damage is low, so the chance to hit is low(its animation IS faster but I cannot say it is... speedy...) and the damage is low so is the debuff effect actually worth the rare times that will hit over the damage from a CB or WB.

Also, just a comment on your build... I see very clear benefits from Int builds and Str builds, but a dex build seems to be (no offense) pointless for all classes(except maybe a higher mix for rogue) but even more so with Cr as our En passive boosts crits to the point that with 40dex and max En passive, we crit somewhere around 1/3

With a crit rate like that, added dex seems to be of no use...

Also, as a side comment of my experience with dex builds on Cr, at level 48 (40dex,full str) I PvPed a friend of mine who had a level 53 dex build Sm. I crit more often, did more damage, and stunned more often than he did.
    So in my experience, I would suggest at least looking into this a little and maybe buying a drillbook(5ish million I think)

(also... you said CB does 700 damage max? I was wondering, do you have the skill maxed, did you add both hits from CB together, because From what I've seen, there's no way your CB lands 350 a hit max at level 58 unless its a low level skill or you have a very poor axe... your CB at max level should land right around the same damage as all three hits of your WB...)

(and lastly.... the topic originally WAS which weapons to wield... not which is better,CB or BC :p)

19. 『The † Jo』

『The † Jo』 ☞†☜

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Jo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RagNaroK
    Yes I also seek the truth friend and by no means do I consider this an argument so no worries.

Well I have a full dex friend who goes by razor. Now he is very pvp viable because his stun is severely high. I think the last time I asked he is about 116 Dex (can't recall exactly ) and since I met him encouraged me to pursue dex. So maybe Dex builds are less useful lower level but, are underrated high level because no one had kept on the pursuit.

Now I am a firm believer of Balance. So my stats are accordingly.

Str 30+10
    Int 50+10
    Dex 49+21

As of now I am only bait and heals in PvP but, with the right team mate we dominate with certain tactics. Over all this has alot of potential. To me dex benefits Creator more then any other class. It gives us our unique stun and makes our damage that much less weak. I also chose a non-full stats because theoretically is just a rogue or mage. Honestly whats the differences between classes if were all just seeking DPS or heals. I know I'm not alone on that thought. Dex also backs up my other two stats in both dps and heal so everything considered using correct synergy is surprisingly viable.

As for debuffs I am still testing and learning. There is a noticeable difference when used and not even including Max skill levels. I in no way insinuate that there Powerful more of compensation for loss in str or int due to the hybrid nature. To fully answer your questions more tests and job experience is needed.

This is all to say and lead up to my end game build as Alchemist. So I will push on and post my findings so maybe someone else out there will think outside the box and benefit from my results. If by end game this become useless I will indeed restart and reskill but, not until I get to Max lvl and job master. Science takes dedicated minds and patience. Luckily I have both. Anything can change over one small variable in any equation.

I understand your side good sir and I thank you for this convo as it helps with the thinking process. I do take note to everything you post. So in no way am I trying to say I am right your wrong or vice versa. The fact that classes are NOT limited by armor types it helps with lack of other stats such as Vit and Men.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. 『The † Jo』

『The † Jo』 ☞†☜

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Jo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RagNaroK
    Blah I hate posting on my phone. Posted prematurely. True it was about what to wield. However this Conversation started after initiated quote of my post.

About 700 the reasoning is Yes it's maxed and only reaches this on critical at higher lvl mobs other wise it's even.less useful. My data was also based on rush 1 tech. 3* Axe and floor 11-14