1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Wanderer

Discussion in 'Wonderer' started by Vela, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Oz~

Oz~ Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Jaegu
    Guild:
    None
    You're distributing your stats too much. You should really only focus on 2-3 stats at most. Avabel doesn't support all rounders in stat distribution. Btw, it's been said before but for any class, your stats mostly depend on what your advanced class is gonna be. (I'm not going to go full in detail about these classes. So if you're curious about any which one then you can just search for yourself >.>).

Spiker and Battle Dancer are more about Str, with Dex and Vit being optional. I'm not too sure about Hermit, but I would say the same since it's attacks are Str based. You could add some Men too, since it's heal skill is Men based. However, this particular class requires 3 Evolution Gangues which, if you didn't know already, are very difficult to get. You also can't obtain it until you're level 60. So if you are going the Str route than you're probably gonna have to wait awhile before getting this class.

Now we have Undine, which is Int based with some Dex as well. Vit and Men are optional. However, this class requires an additional Shining Water Stone 3 to obtain. For the class Painter, it's primary stat is Int as well. [Edit: Due to @Oceanmk's recent discovery, Painter seems to benefit from some Men as well :confused:]. Again, Vit and Dex is optional. This class also requires an Int Orb 5. I should note that a couple of skills in Undine and Painter are only usable by 1h rods. So if you're going the Int route then keep that in mind.

Then we have Geo Dancer. This class is also Int based. Dex might be useful since most of it's skills do multiple hits. Vit and Men are optional. It's also the only Wonderer advanced class atm that has a hidden skill (Scene of Fire). Now I should mention that one of it's skills (Tripping Gale) is Str based, while the others are mostly Int. So it really depends on which stat you want to prioritize more on. Like Hermit, this class is only available at level 60 and requires 3 Evolution Gangues. So unless you meet the requirements, you're probably gonna wait awhile before getting this class.

The only other class I haven't mentioned is Bard. This class is special since it's one of the few classes in Avabel that prioritizes Men before any other. Str is a good secondary stat. Vit and Dex are optional. It also has the famous heal skill Therapy Melody which is a very useful skill imo.

Now to answer your questions, your build is playable but IMO I would suggest one of the following.
    • If you don't have a restat and can't afford getting another one, then put all of your important stuff in storage and delete your character. Now I'm assuming your level is between 37 and 38? So it wouldn't take long to get back to that level. After you've made a new one, then go the Str route (other stats depends on your personal preference). I say this because base Wonderer skills are Str based. Plus, if you go the Int route then you'll have to endure 50 or so levels of crappy damage since advanced classes don't unlock till that point. So leveling would be much easier if you're more Str oriented. But if you really want to be one of the more Int based advanced classes later on, and can bear through the repetitiveness of it all, then go right ahead.
    • Now if you do have more than one restat or can afford getting more, than I suggest restating immediately and making a build that prioritizes Str since basic Wonderer skills are Str based, (again, secondary stats depends on your personal preference). Now once you reach level 50 and/or have enough materials to get an advanced class, I would recommend getting either Bard or Spiker first. You can go Bard first since it has it's heal skill which is good for survivability, or Spiker first for Flowing Lance since it's one Wonderer's main Dps skills. After you're done mastering these classes the rest is really up to you. You can keep a more Str oriented build for Battle Dancer and Hermit, or use your other restat and change to an Int build for Undine, Painter, and Geo Dancer. You can make a Dex build if you want to be more of an all rounder, but that requires very strong gear in order to make up for the lack of damage. A Men build would mostly be for Bard, but @Oceanmk seems to favor that type of build so he'll probably have more info on that. And Vit can go with any advanced class really. Or you can experiment by mixing different classes/stats together, but I haven't tried this myself so I wouldn't know all the pros and cons of doing this.
    So that's all from me. I know this information has already been said in other threads but I just wanted to summarize some of it for convenience. I also want to note that I'm not saying that you have to follow every single thing I said. You don't. That's why we're given choices. I'm merely giving suggestions based on what I've seen, heard, and done myself. So hopefully you can figure out what you want to do and how to go about in the future :D.

(P.S. If anything I said above is incorrect, then please feel free to correct me so I won't make the same mistake again :dead:).

Edit: Updated Painter's info.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    @Oz~ well done on a long detailed post.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Haccy_1andOnly

Haccy_1andOnly Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Haccy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    @Oz~ Thank you for taking the time to lay that out for me. I am now at level 51, working between STR and INT for my Painter class. I appreciate the information! :) I decided to go Painter since, well, it sounds pretty. :D Thanks again!!!! I'll post an update on progress when I get used to it. Eventually, I will probably invest in a restat scroll, but for now I seem to be O.K. ^_^

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. Oz~

Oz~ Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Jaegu
    Guild:
    None
    Aww shucks, it was no biggie. Glad to see you're doing alright ^-^. So you're choosing Painter then. That's cool. Painter has always intrigued me. Especially Mixed Pallete and it's passive. Implementing the use of different elemental choices into it's skill branches sounds interesting to me *ยท*.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Rowdy Consciousness

Rowdy Consciousness New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Raian
    Level:
    Hey there, I'm looking at going for Wanderor and I'm unsure as to what my built should be as I haven't decided on which adv class I want yet. So just to summarise what you said.
    If I want to go for INT based adv classes, I can either focus on building my stats on these adv classes from the start OR I can focus on str because as you mentioned, Wanderor has str based skills, then when I reach the point where I can change to adv classes, I can just reset my stats to whichever adv class I want?

6. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Restating is usely very costly but as to the end result question, yes. Grinding with str based skills with stats and gear geared for str usely makes lving and mastering clssses quicker as most would say (id have to agree because the cooldowns comparsions to the int vs str skills, str has many more lower cooldown skills as well ad more dps type skills).

Its your choice, i am cheap and i dont mind grinding all to much so if i wanted int based id start building for it before i even make the character. :p

• Like Like x 3
  7. Unity ( gwen)

Unity ( gwen) New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Secret
    Level:
    ok so i skimd ( looked over quickly ) for info about the class. so ive been playing as a wonderer for a while ( lvl 32 ) and she uses a two hand spear . so far im doing ok but , has anyone come up with a basic build ( one that has been studyed and proven to be good)? i only place my states points toward , str , dex, vit. (some times men or int ). but ive noticed that the increase in int only slightly inproves my buffs and my campfire skills . i think wanderer is a skill baced class( the class depends on each skils lvl mostly) other than that , think Str,vit, men, and dex are the only thinks to worry about . Is there anymore info about the class that ineed to know or am i wrong about my ideas about it? ( all ideas are good ideas , im looking for your response )

8. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    No stat boosts buffs other then increasing the skill its self. And all campfire does in buff the regen of hp and sp, vit/men and max hp/sp controls regen so they work hand and hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Unity ( gwen)

Unity ( gwen) New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Secret
    Level:
    wait so my chararters current hp and sp affect my campfires boost / buff ? ( [" in dummy words" ]my charaters hp/sp makes my campfire better?)

10. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Not the current hp/sp, the max. Say if i have 5000 hp but toke some damage, it would only consider the 5000hp (as well as vit) in finding how much you regen.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Linkers

Linkers New Member

What would be good stats if I wanted to go undine>painter>geo dancer?

12. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    U can try Full Int. Most players goes Men as secondary stat.
    Undine skills can be rather slow. Most players mastered the heal skill.

Painter skills damage rather low, need some time to see its benefits. Go take some time to play around with it ^^

Geo dancer is the boss of Int stat. It is great, good and just pure awesome. Just those evo gague need some effort.

• Like Like x 2
  13. raiyen

raiyen New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    raiyen
    Level:
    • Please use the edit butten next time.
    Hi im lvl 91 olredy master bard gd battle dancer and spiker my first stat is 150 str and rest are men wch is 40 with 2pcs 11men ring i heal 2k+hp in a fast cd option.advantage of dis is u can be the king of 18flr coz u can solo it with no hp pots wen ur a battledancer ur sp is 6.5k and 6.4k+ in hp(in my level) but wen ur spiker ur sp is1.4k and 1.5k n hp..in pvp since i dont have vit i can kill players easily with the help of str base skill of gd dodge den atack even from behind me.and den i try to restat to 150 dex and 40 str.in pvp very easy to kill players specialy wen ur a spiker due to the pasive crit but the problem is in 18thflr u can kill tons of mobs fast but drains easily the spand u haf to cary hp pots too.but also dis build has a same weakness in pvp.that is im very easy to kill.vit is important.so after dis expirience dis is the best build i found...to be continue

Hi i just want to share how a wanderer works on pvp.in my xperience if want to be a mober try to be a battle dancer bcoz of the fast cd skill and low coz sp olso best way for starter if u start with bard u will have hard time killing in rush to make lvlng fast,spiker drain sp fast(flowing lance)f ur a int type in pvp that depeds on the hidden skill... long range skill (ranger,warrior.etc)will eat you bcoz of the time delay casting u haf to mke dem sleep first dats hard.so for pvp i chose spiker..dis is how it works. First dont be agresive the oponent must be the first to atack..wen he finish his atack in front of you with a distance try the one or two click of flowing lance den roll.but wen he goes beside you or behind you try the trping gale it can hit him 3 to 6 times(specialy with pasive crit of spiker)den if he attack in a far distance going in front of you..dash den do the gushing spin going back.the secret of pvp is how good you can gues wer he stop.but wats good about the wanderer is you can atack while dodging.and wen ur a pro u can kill players only with flowing lance just clik once den roll do it till he die wats gud about dis skill is u can atack ina blind spot specialy wen the oponent goes to ur back just dont forget to roll.wen he goes farder den use the spear throw den heal.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. darmo

darmo New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    darmo
    Level:
    sir please im a newbie ... I wana ask about TM FAST cool down how many seconds compare to other branch[/QUOTE]

15. Pickle

Pickle New Member

If I want to master all int classes. I know full int but i am totally lost what secondary stat. Undine takes Dex and painter takes men. Then geo takes str. Which secondary stat is the better choice

16. Oz~

Oz~ Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Jaegu
    Guild:
    None
    I think you've answered your own question. Tbh it really depends on which class you personally want to main. While you technically can master all Int classes, to use each class to their full potential would be difficult since, as you mentioned, they all have different secondary stats for their own usage. What you should do is focus on what class you want to be, and build on it.

For example, let's say you wanted to main Painter (hypothetically speaking). First off you'd have to think of its most important stats. Currently it would be Int and Men. Now, since you wanted to main Painter you would have to build your stats according to how Painter operates. Then after you've mastered everything about Painter, you'd probably want to explore other classes to see what they'd have to offer. But you have to remember that your essential stats are Int and Men. So before you start heading to other advanced classes, you need to think about which class can benefit your main class, Painter. Well, after looking at all the advanced classes of Wonderer, we can see a few that share a similar stat distribution. The Bard class uses Men as it's primary stat, so since you have Men as well it would make sense to add one of it's abilities to your arsenal. Hermit with its Men heal is another possibility. The same goes to the other Int classes.

So long story short, just focus on which advanced class you like and how the other classes can benefit it. However, in the end this is just my opinion. So use this suggestion in a way that helps you, but choose what you personally want to do and how you can approach it yourself ;).

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. raiyen

raiyen New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    raiyen
    Level:
    I suggest pick the fast cooldown on TM it works well even you have low men.low heal rate but can use several times in a minute.(but atleast you have some str)

18. darmo

darmo New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    darmo
    Level:
    Lvl. 60 baseMEN 90+? with reserve stats 30ish i pick already d 4ticks per heal of TM. thinking if redoing new char choosing the fast cool down is worth it for my MEN-VIT. mid level and hi level situation differs. 1 favor can u time it? How many is d "several" in a minute sir? by d way u mention STR?

19. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    20 seconds for level 6 TM ;)
    TM (3:1 ratio Men : Str).
    All the best :)

20. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    We really dont tell others what they should or shouldnt do for stat builds because everyone wants something different. You may want direct easy to read damage while the other guy wants indirect damage.

http://avabelforums.com/threads/learning-from-others-who-not-to-listen-to.9034/

• Agree Agree x 2