1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Voice Chat

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Zelkova, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Zelkova

Zelkova New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Zelkova
    Level:
    Guild:
    EchO
    Hey there everyone, Zelkova Serrata here with a very important topic!

So...I've done a little bit of searching in the forums for similar threads and couldn't find one specifically about voice chats and which one everyone uses. Given the high usage of your mobile devices processors and ram, I have found it difficult at best to maintain a voice chat server running at the same time. I personally have found Discord to work the best, especially since it has both a PC and mobile version that accesses the same servers.

The question then becomes, what have you all found to be the best voice chat service for your gaming needs? This is debate and conversational. Take everyone's experiences for what they are, share and develop your own perceptions on different methods. This is meant to better us as not only gamers, but as people as well.

V/r,

Zelkova Serrata
    EchO Guild Leader

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. ovan

ovan New Member

Avabel Online (Revere ch1) IRL (Chicago IL)
    Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ovan
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOMELESS
    Discord would be convenient but it only seems to work when you have a minimum of at least 400mb of ram to run it in the bg, Avabel itself is a Ram Hog, on Mobile phones it is too laggy, on tablets it is more stable but it depends on your Data, I set my Avabel installed data on an SD Card so the Cache total isn't so taxing on my device's total memory. Discord runs in the bg when other apps are used but Avabel has a habit of closing bg apps, as do other Asobimo apps. Line supposedly has Supported chat on Avabel but it does nothing to improve overall communication. This is just my own experience hope it helps