1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Venom blast worth it??

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by Akio, Apr 16, 2016.

?

What do you think about this skill

1. Yes it's a good skill to have

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. This skill sucks

50.0%
  3. Not sure

50.0%
  1. Akio

Akio New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ★落下影★
    The skill is good for giving u space for skill slots by taking out both hide and poison knife(poison knife sucks anyway) but it's slow and not a lot of dmg aswell as the hiding factor is really short so might aswell stick to normal hide skill since u have to lvl that to lvl 6 anyway. Thoughts on this?

2. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    °Henry°
    Level:
    in my opinion that's up to individual players(as is everything else). hide can last long and has lower sp requirements but it deals no damage. venom blast hides you for a short time, deals a little damage and potentially poisons multiple targets but again why go through the trouble of getting this skill? 3 ways in particular I used it was to poison mobs for fun, to deal hit n run dmg, and in combination with hide simply to cover a longer distance while hidden or just to stay hidden by switching between the 2

Edit: its been a while just tested out the individual skills and cd considered. if I were to start playing my rogue again I would use blast venom to stay hidden and attack enemies without being noticed. eg. travelling from mob to mob spamming blast venom. in pvp blast venom can be used to make up for the slowness and inaccuracy of poison dagger since its an aoe but in both pve and pvp its more so for someone who wants to poison or mess around with their enemy

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  3. Xiansai

Xiansai Information Host

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    XI
    Level:
    Venom Blast may has its uses in the beginning for a being a basic rogue with no advanced classes, but once you reach Level 50+ and are able to use most classes, it becomes pretty much useless because of its cast time and weak damage. Also, why exchange mobility for giving a split second of invisible from a mob.

For Pvp, LOTS of players hate it when a rogue hides.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    Sneaky sneaky download.jpg

5. Akio

Akio New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ★落下影★
    • Triple post. Please, use the Edit button next time.
    I don't use poison knife anyway aswell as since if I'm hit the invisiblity is undone and I move sooo slow in it so I'll stick to normal invisiblity since the poison in venom blast is weak and even when the player or mob is poisoned they recive very little dmg anyway. Thanks for ur opinion though

Lol thx I'll stick to normal hide since it's faster and longer too

Also any thoughts on cast viper aswell? It seems decent but I don't see the mobs of players slowing down that much when they are hit by it

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2016
  6. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    That skill where you throw on ground and slows target it works trust me @.@

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Xiansai

Xiansai Information Host

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    XI
    Level:
    Yes. Cast Viper is very useful in duels. The only problem with it is it gives you only a limited opportunity to hammer your opponent with additional skills before the slowness wears off. For large team fights, its better to place in areas of high activity. Try and spot where most of the battle is and place next to or in the direction of the fight is taking place to deal the most amount of damage possible. Cast Viper is a great tool to disengage and reengage targets. For Pve, Eh... Mobs don't really chase you.

8. Akio

Akio New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ★落下影★
    Ok thanks for all the feedback guys I really appreciate it and it's really helpful thx again :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2