1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Undine (Und)

Discussion in 'Wonderer' started by WongBong, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Domocubed

Domocubed Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Domo
    Level:
    Is the bubble damage men based?

2. Abomination

Abomination New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Sparda,
    Level:
    Guild:
    RavenThorn
    Nope, iNT based.

3. ToxicChaos

ToxicChaos New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Scythe
    Level:
    Guild:
    ArchDemons
    Has anyone tried the sleep resist branch? Kinda curious

4. NiteStar

NiteStar New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    NITE ♎
    Damn, Looks Like I'm Going To Master Undine Then Hit Bard Up FR. It's So Great Being A Wanderer.

So, If I Want To Be A Powerful Undine, I Need Full INT? What About DEX For Crits?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2016
  5. Abomination

Abomination New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Sparda,
    Level:
    Guild:
    RavenThorn
    Not necessarily if you don't want to go that route. I myself do recommend investing into DEX both for the crits as well as the passive. INT will definitely be your main source for raw damage though, but its up to you and your taste how you make your build around that class.

6. Sunsand

Sunsand New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Coco•﹏•
    Level:
    Has anyone explain the cons of this class. Like the undeniably slow casting. And how you almost can't win in any pvp battle. Don't get me wrong the class is op no doubt about it. But there are some techniques(did I spell that right?) needed to obtain the full potential.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  7. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    This undine class spark new interest in me after the rebirth mechanisms came in. I always like some extra defense from skills. Branch the heal skill (Manantial) with def branch (branch B) is possible with 1h spear now. Though avabel hk do not recommend the def branch, but I know I need it \(-^-^)/
    Tanky Bard here I come!
    Info: The Defense branch increase both Magic and Physical Defense. Nice :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Even with a Men>Str>Vit build Undine does quite good so far.. :O Here and there switching from weapon just like that just to switch to the Physical side and the campfire. ;P Good thing I still had my old Lv50 Rod from when I was a Dual wielding Mage xD
    I'd dual wield if only they could set the shortcut parallel to another weapon (for 1Handed weapons) so that you'd equip the "linked" weapon in both your hands instead of just only your right hand.. D=

Regarding the Pros and Cons as asked above, from what I know compared to Mages, Undine is like Dark Pain. Each skill has the same Animation beforehand which makes you feel like the class is slow. What I'm more struggling with is the cooldowns instead. As Undine most people who are going for the Magic side, don't have too much options as well as that Undine has two weapon restricted skills for 1Handed Rod-only. This narrows your variety for Skill usage a lot. You're slower paced at damaging because you need to wait (a) split second(s) for the skill to cooldown.

As a Wanderer who hasn't invested in any INT stat, I find the damage already decent, let alone for players who are into the Magic/INT side. The Damage output is quite big as well as that they still hold on the typical Magic concept: AoE.
    Especially the AoE compensate for the lack of "spamming skills", in which you make more damage all at once instead. The sole most disappointing thing is still as many have already said: Manantial, The Healing skill. I think this can be used the most potential way after you have used Cyan Bubble, which can knock monsters back, so that you wouldn't get damaged soon while healing with Manantial. With this skill I'm struggling between the increased def branch and the Sleep resist branch and I'm also just not sure on whether to go with the Shorter Cooldown or increased Blowing off effect for Cyan Bubble.... :O And then most likely Wider Range for Blue Trent. :3

As for the passive (Great Ocean Gift) it's also much like Magician's Passive: Absoul. It's close similar, with only the difference that Absoul recovers SP according to DEX when being attacked and Great Ocean Gift recovers HP according to DEX when being attacked by a Physical Attack.
    I think the same kind of data would apply to Great Ocean Gift, in which you recover much better on lower floors, than on higher floors. This would be because on lower floors, your def would be high enough for you to take on the damage to recover without to worry about your HP being drained faster. At the other hand, on higher floors, they would do much more Damage than on the lower floors, so your recovery would take much longer as well as that your HP may not be able to keep up (keep in mind that this is just my speculation based on the description and my findings and experiences with Magician's Absoul).

I'm as always taking the odd route and started off with the least expected class to start off with, while aiming to be Bard. :3 (Much like I was aiming to be a Lost Speller, ending with mastering that very class the last and also much like I was aiming to be a Priest, ending with mastering that very class the last (for now) xD).
    I'm just going to take my sweet time mastering all the classes now that I have this 4th Character as well as the login bonus and real life. xd

That said...I'm still not sure anymore about going Rebirthing Undine... That Rebirth Quests video I saw on Youtube..... O_O' Those F21 Dragon Bosses... Σ(º▽º ') I might end up really adapting to the Spear/Rod switching play-style instead or something.. xD

EDIT: Just to keep this updated, I chose Wider Range for Blue Trent, Increased Blowing off effect for Cyan Bubble and Increased Defense for Manantial and I like them for so far ^^
    Because of the increased Blowing off Effect with Cyan Bubble, I can try to knock monsters back towards a more crowd place, and cast Blue Trent so that it will take hit in the crowd. :woot: Increased Defense with Heals, to let HP and SP regen increase even if it's for just around the ½minute. HP will also drop less fast because you have the Defense and Magic Defense increased from Heals.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    sad to hear.....oh well live and learn as they say.

10. Domocubed

Domocubed Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Domo
    Level:
    I did the timing when I upgraded blue Trent and it went from 8 seconds cd to 12 seconds cd. Not worth it imo because with 2 casts of longer cd you can cast 3 with no increased cd which is for sure higher damage than the higher damage offered in branch c. I want a reskill now lol and I would recommend type a which is wider range so you can hit more monsters in rush XD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Aybara1031

Aybara1031 New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Aybara1
    Level:
    Ok i am new and want ro make an undine im planning to make a dual wielding 1h spears wonderer. Stats int/dex/vit (ratio: 5/3/1) and im hoping that will work for a tank that has moderate damage

Any suggests would be wonderful

Edit: 1h rods not spears

• Like Like x 1