1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

TwoHand Wr & Gl Skills+Build Ups

Discussion in 'Warrior' started by aovan, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Disnn

Disnn New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Niarc
    Level:
    hey can we still change adv class after reach lvl90 or above?

2. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    yes you can

3. Vandslaux

Vandslaux New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Undile
    Level:
    Is a tank gladiator viable? Everything I read about the class mainly talks about damage, but I was thinking of using a 3:1 vit/str build. I'm currently lv 29. Should I also use 1h or 2h? Using 2h skills atm, but I could change that. Using 1h I would miss out on flame burst and giant swing, but not much else. I've been using slash, shock stomp, and ogre swing. Should I have more vit than strength or the other way around? Frankly nothing physical can dent me much so far, but kills take a bit longer.

4. KimuraSan

KimuraSan Member

Go for full Str first until you reach level 90 at least. After that you can decide whether you want to be full Str (Str>Vit) or full DEX (Dex>Vit) with the remaining stats on Vit.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Not everything is about damage here....stahp with that ^

You already seem to understand the trade off of being Tanky. I think you are intelligent enough to see which stat build suits how you play. Be mindful if you do go high vit that you need to focus on your aim in pvp to hit your target quickly and repeatedly so they dont get kill stolen or run off to use some potions. In pve you should be very solid and you can natrualy regain hp fast enough to the point you wont need hp potions (often...depends how well you roll).

DO NOT ALWAYS GO FOR DAMAGE, PASSIVE ASPECTS AND EFFECTS OF SKILLS CAN BE JUST AS DANGEROUS AS PURE DAMAGE IF NOT MORE.

6. KimuraSan

KimuraSan Member

I won't suggest someone to play tanky when chosen the highest damage class of the game in GL armed with 2H sword though. You can either be PD or Crusader, or even play other class such as Acolyte or Magician with a shield and 1H weapon if you want to be tanky and skillful. Over 99.9% (if not 100%) among the top tier gladiators in the game, they all go for damage.

7. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    High single hit moves, yes. Highest? Thats up to debate for when more then just us are talking about it. Iv pvped end game as well and i met quite a few Vit type two handers who played very well and got a fairly high amount of kills in gdm. I never will say one is better then the other because each way (high str/dex/vit) has its own pros and cons. Is up to that boy who asked and the other players to find what style they prefer.

It is so common for high damage users to show up in the international servers of avabel because most of the players are younger and or newer to mmos so they dont quite understand the advantage of playing with slightly less damage. I mean yes...yes it is sexy to see high numbers pop up with each high (in some rare cases vastly higher then some of the "pros") or see crits flare up like fireworks (on top of rarely seeing a crit happen on yourself because of dex ability block incoming crits).

I really dont wanna argue about whats commonly used to what is TRUELY BETTER FOR HIM (becuase only he knows how he wants to play and what is going to suit his needs). We already found our styles (or i like to hope so) and we built our characters around that style for avabel. If you wanna continue, fine but bring some more fourmers so I will feel more into debateing. Kay?...Kay :3

8. KimuraSan

KimuraSan Member

Well I only speak from my experience. The best gladiator all go for damage, the best tanker usually go for shield + 1h (usually Magic atk). In theory you can also try to go full vit with 2h (+300vit = +150def, with 20k+ hp), but in practice low physical attack tanker (who can't heal) isn't really suit for this game in terms of pvm (slow leveling/farming), gvg/tower war(opponents can easily restore their hp from your low damage by simply taking pills, whereas you don't offer much such as magic damage to attack their weakness or any healing) and pvp (no chance to beat high damage high crit players, perhaps good against magician or other low hp class). You may suggest him to try to be first person to become OP trying this new path, but it won't be easy road for him.

Point is, the benefits from being a gladiator, is easy farming and leveling (high damage kill faster). In gvg/tower war, reason all top gladiators go for damage is to kill you instantly without letting you having enough time to take pills and recover your hp.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Correction, you would have 525 def with 300 vit even without armor and roughly 26-33k hp and the natrual healing rate (which is based on max hp+vit (vit also affects the % gained per tick for hp regain)) It is possable for him to recover 250-500 hp a tick.

And from my personal exp playing as a vit warrior, as long as i did more then 200 a swing i could kill just about anyone provided i kept rolling. No matter my hp amount o.o

Edit: though @marcocococo pointed out to everyone despite all that awesome def and self healing. They wouldnt get very many kills because of kill stealing from other higher damaging dealing player would occur. They could provide a much needed distraction in gdm type matches or be that one player who wont stop chaseing or messes up other players for the sake of the team.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  10. KimuraSan

KimuraSan Member

Well I won't argue against having high vit high def type would have big advantage in pvp. But gladiator isn't best made class in pvp (1 vs 1) to begin with (try to fight against creator, ranger, healer/magician with shield/1h etc. they all own gladiator of similar build easily in most 1 vs 1 situation)
    But the biggest advantage being a gladiator is pvm/gvg/tower war.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CasualKing21

CasualKing21 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    KAOO
    Level:
    What's the best weapon/weapon combination to use for a warrior and why?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    I will have non the the "best" crap on this here forum I say.

I PREFER 1 handed weapons, the smaller the better for me. In this case daggers are often my first choice. For most the classes that can usem, including warrior.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CasualKing21

CasualKing21 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    KAOO
    Level:
    Got it, I will keep that in mind. And thank you by the way!

14. Sean Luong

Sean Luong New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Luong/Leung
    Level:
    Guild:
    Aftermath
    I want to know if I should even learn Air Slide at all because I had a couple warrior told me it's a weak spell, but it's so convienent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Air slide can be helpful too I keep it in handy but rarely uses it since most fights I've been are close quarters.

16. Elucio

Elucio Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    Its all up to you.In a fight where people fight coming closer to you,and you wanna keep distance,you could use air slide.It has a minimal damage range,but it can be a huge help in PvP,especially 1v1.

17. Joseph

Joseph Line ID: get_murked Gold Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    People always sleep on air slide but it's let me win so many matches just use free cam and get your aim right

18. dmaman

dmaman Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    dmaman
    Level:
    Guild:
    olympians
    It is extreemly convienent in boss battles

19. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Air Slide...only way to make warrior feels like a mage :D..

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Joseph

Joseph Line ID: get_murked Gold Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Owh and pa can't forget about that xD maybe st but that's stretching it

• Like Like x 1