1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

transferring to a new device?

Discussion in 'Device Support / In Game Issues' started by James, Oct 21, 2013.

1. James

James New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Kirituk
    Level:
    Need help on devices. I'm currently playing Avabel on my android handphone & would like to change to play on my current ipad. But when I downloaded the game to my ipad, I cannot access to my existing Avabel account. Does it means once I changed devices my currect game records will be gone?

2. Mitik

Mitik Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Mitik
    Level:
    i think so :

I play avabel on my ipad, but when i installed avabel on my iphone so i could play in the train or something, its like i started a new game so i havent found a way to have same account on both devices !

if someone knows how to do this please help us out :)

3. Asectic

Asectic Journeying Minister

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    There is a way to save the data, but this is only for switching between Android devices. If you used an e-mail to start the data for one device, if you're switching to another Android you just have to use the same e-mail address and the character data is saved and ready to go.

As for iPhone's and iPad, to play the game you use your Apple accounts apparently (not a apple user so can't say for sure). So transferring between Android I don't believe is possible. I'm not too sure on switching between two apple products, but maybe the same theory of account/e-mail thing would apply?

4. Mitik

Mitik Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Mitik
    Level:
    I use same Appel account on both ipad and iphone, and is not saving any info, so that is not a option!

5. Shanoa

Shanoa New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Shanoa
  6. Zess

Zess New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    HdoR
    Level:

Thank you for contacting AVABEL ONLINE Customer Support.

Concerning your inquiry about transfer the account,

this method will differ from backups of the device data using 'iTunes' but you can obtain a character backup by following the directions below (Requires a PC).

How to Back Up the Current iPhone
    1. Install 'iTunes' to your PC.
    2. Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your PC.
    3. Click the iPhone device button in the upper right corner or Sidebar and see 'Backups' in the Summary tab.
    4. Check 'This Computer'.
    5. Check 'Encrypt iPhone backup'
    *Note* you cannot create a backup of the game data without putting a check.
    6. Backup will be created.

Restore on the New iPhone
    1. Check 'Restore from iTunes Backup' when you set up the new iPhone to restore the data.
    2. Connect the new iPhone to your PC.
    3. Choose 'Restore from Backup...' on iTunes.
    4. The restoration is completed.

*NOTE* this will not guarantee that you will restore your character data.
    *If you have restored the backup on another device, the data for the transferred device will be overwritten.

I lost my character and cannot recover so i start new.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AEONXAL

AEONXAL Order of Archangel

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    AeonX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Antagonist
    I have reset my iPad and didn't backup.
    I was expecting of the gmail log in because Android does but apparently iPad doesn't..

There was no gmail log in.
    It just simply made new character.

How could I recover back my gmail account? ASAP

8. aleph

aleph Active Member

On iOS devices your Avabel account is not tied to your gmail account. It is somehow tied to your device. If you delete the Avabel app and then reinstall it, it is supposed to remember your account information. However, if you restore your ipad completely, it doesn't remember your account info. As such you do need to have backed up your ipad before doing a restore, otherwise your characters are gone forever and the game developers will tell you that your characters cannot be retrieved. It happened to me. As far as I can tell, you could also have used the 'transfer device' function to create a transfer code before you restore your ipad. Make sure to write it down or email it to yourself, and then restore your device. Of course, if you've already restored your ipad, then it's too late for this.

You will simply have to start a new character, and unfortunately because the character has not technically been deleted from the Avabel system (it's simply disassociated with a device), you cannot use your previous character name.

Sucks :(. I lost my original 47/creator and 49/acolyte this way, and all their stuff, including 10 weird copper coins, 20 common avatars and about 10 million gold, not to mention assorted gear I was storing for my main.

Another warning on iOS device transfers: if you have two devices, say A and B, and want to switch the devices and characters around via the 'other transferring procedure', in theory you can get a transfer code on each device and then enter it into each device: code A into device B and the code B into device A. Well, the first part works fine, but in the process deletes the account on device B so that when you try to do the second part of the switch you get a transfer error. Your device B characters are then irretrievably gone, and your device A characters are playable on device B. Basically, the first transfer overwrites the characters on the second device. I hope this makes sense.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. bomackin

bomackin Custom Title Here

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Have you tri
    have you tried contacting asobimo? the might maybe be able to do something.

10. aleph

aleph Active Member

Yes. Here was their response:
    The most exasperating thing about the whole situation is that I had created a transfer code and screenshotted it to the device, and then backed up the device (encrypted, like Asobimo's instructions tell us to). But during the iOS version upgrade process there were some errors that somehow deleted my device backup. The only thing I didn't do was write down the transfer code. And no, there was no jailbreaking involved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AEONXAL

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    AeonX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Antagonist
    Customer support always apologize the same kind of answer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bomackin

bomackin Custom Title Here

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    :/ thats sucky

13. aleph

aleph Active Member

Indeed it is. I take consolation in the fact that although I had storage and weight expansions on the account (bought via free gems and the stall), I had not yet spent actual money on the account. Also I had levelled them almost entirely by grouping with my ranger or mage and self-leeching. So I was only out some virtual items and some time.

14. AEONXAL

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    AeonX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Antagonist
    I can still get my character back if I still had my Android while log in with the gmail in android and change device .. Likewise, IOS and IPad do not connect with gmail.

15. AEONXAL

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    AeonX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Antagonist
    I was wondering what other device that connect with gmail ?

16. Julie Ava

Julie Ava Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ava
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murking
    Sound like we need to generate a transfer code to avoid device malfunctioning....
    Question here...once I generate the transfer code, do I have to transfer the data to another device?
    Basically I'm trying to understand the whole backup process for IOS since my iPad just freezed up last night and I had to take it to the Apple store today.
    Now I'm a little concerned about the potential losing my Character.

So...if I understand correctly, I need to go into Avabel and do a "Change Device" to get a transfer code just in case my iPad breaks down.
    So...if I do this today, once I transferred my Char say like 2 months later when my iPad breaks, will the restore be current or dated 2 month back when that code was generated?

17. Mocca

Mocca new line ID: moccafrap

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Mocca
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Transfer code has an expiration date ava :/ think its 24hrs frm when its generated. My ipad was acting crazy too before so i used tht to transfer frm my ipad to android phone in the meantime.

18. aleph

aleph Active Member

The transfer code is good for a few months from the date you create it. When you create it, it will tell you when it expires. I think back in December when I last did this it told me that the code would expire (at a specific time/date) in May 2014. If you forget your code and still have access to the device, you can always go back to the transfer screen and it will give you the same code, unless it's past the expiry date. As I noted upthread, I lost one account because I had a bunch of things go wrong that individually would not have caused a problem. The reason I recommend that in addition to writing the code down, you use the in-game copy feature (there's a button for this when you create a transfer code) and then paste it into an email to yourself is because the codes are alphanumeric with mixed case so it's sometimes difficult to tell the differences between, for example lower case L (l) and the numeral one (1) and letter o/number zero. I had a scare with a transfer once where I wrote the code down wrong but a screenshot saved me. Sadly that was on one of the accounts that is now gone.

As far as using a transfer code on an existing device, I haven't tried it. But it should work in theory since you will be using a transfer code on a device that Avabel thinks is a new one.

19. AEONXAL

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    AeonX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Antagonist
    Thanks for replying.. Here what I should do now..
    By providing all the following informations to Customer Support:

- Date when you started playing AVABEL ONLINE
    - Date when the lost character was created
    - Device Name that you are playing AVABEL ONLINE in past and current(e.g. past:iPhone4S current:iPhone5)
    - The lost characters (including deleted characters) Name/Class/Level (Case sensitive)
    - Amount of Gold and Status points of your lost character
    - List of all equipment/avatars your past character wearing
    - Was the equipment enhanced (If yes, what level)
    - Items Name and Number in lost character's Bag and Storage
    - Full Name of Guild your lost character belong to
    - Your current character Name/Class/Level (Case sensitive)
    - Amount of Gold and Status points of your current character
    - List of all equipment/avatars your current character wearing
    - Was the equipment enhanced (If yes, what level)
    - Items Name and Number in current character's Bag and Storage
    - Full Name of Guild your current character belong to
    - Map Name where you left off last time you played
    - Name of purchase items and purchased Time/Date (if applicable)
    - Order code of your past purchase
    - Time/Date of last time you played AVABEL ONLINE and any details of action taken

I have to fill out the above to the best of my abilities and make sure my information is correct. False or insufficient details will cause retrieve failure.:dead:

*You can check the order code in confirmation mail from App Store.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  20. Taco©

Taco© Supreme

In Game Name:
    Taco
    Guild:
    Murkin
    lol... goodluck