1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

The Best Class For Gaining A Lot Of Experience!

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by Rage54, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Rage54

Rage54 Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    OG-NPC
    Level:
    So, I haven't seen many guides on experience gain with the new updates of auto hunting, experience rings and such...so wanted to start writing some stuff while I am online each day. In this forum post I want to summarize what I wrote and if interested you can read the full thing on my blog.

So, you want to gain a lot of experience? With the addition of the higher and higher level caps it can be very "grindy" when it comes to attaining experience. In order to optimize your experience gain you need to start from the beginning and structure your gameplay towards that goal. How do you do so? Lets discuss:

1) You need to prioritize experience per minute! Even if a quest grants you 100,000 experience to complete, if it takes you the help of friends and 30 minutes to do....did you really gain a lot of experience? By prioritizing experience per minute over experience per kill or task, you can easily boost your experience gain each time you play. By focusing on moderate to easy enemies (not hard enemies), you can increase the amount of experience you gain from not only kills, but your daily kill counts.

2) Prioritize skill range, skill flow, and efficiency. Skill range increases your chance of attacking multiple enemies in one skill, skill flow (combos) allow you to attack more continuously, and efficiency (skill recovery, SP consumption, and skill casting) allows you to skill longer continuously LONGER.

3) Use a class and unlock subclasses that priorize the above mentioned. If your goal is experience gain then it's best to structure yourself that way. Just like if your goal in life was to get better at swimming, you wouldn't pick jeans and sweater to go practice in. Optimizing your goal starts at structure.

IN THE POST I outline the best class (in my opinion) for doing so and the staple skills needed. Happy hunting!
    MY post: https://mobilegamingmadeeasy.blogspot.com/2019/02/avabel-series-best-class-for.html

I think in my next post I will be discussing the best floors to auto hunt on. Any thoughts or debates are welcomed!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    This is a weird post to look at. It has some good points, but it also has some bad points. Some of it feels outdated.

This is the most important thing about farming. It's about efficiency. This was a good point...
    AND this is a bad point... especially the DK part.

When it comes to efficiency, there is a balance. Killing easier enemies faster than killing harder enemies WILL NOT always result in faster exp gain. It depends on the how fast you kill, how grouped they are, and how much exp is gained. For Avabel, how grouped the enemies are and how much they are worth are the important parts. Your TTK is constantly increasing. You also have party members and people around you.

As for the DK achieve, this statement is flat out FALSE. You will ALWAYS clear your DK faster on higher floors than lower floors. The monsters on the higher floors give out more DK points than the ones on the lower floors. For reference (before the server merge), I could solo farm floor 45 and clear my DK in an hour. I could never solo farm floor 22 and achieve the same results despite the fact I could kill the enemies faster. They just weren't worth enough.

An another example would be the difference between floor 18 and floor 22. It took my ranger roughly 8 to 10 hours to complete my DK (with party). Now it takes him roughly four hours to clear it on floor 22 (with party). This example is recent... as in observed a few days ago.

This would be excellent advice... if auto farming did not exist. Auto farming helps with the grindy nature of leveling and farming. There's nothing wrong with doing it manually, but you'll get tired or bored of the game faster.

My tips for auto farming:
    • Try to use low SP skills. Your character will not use pots... even if they are equipped. If they run out of SP, they will auto attack.
    • Use skills with medium to low cooldowns. If your character has no skills to use on the page (all on cooldown), they will auto attack.
      • A̶v̶o̶i̶d̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶l̶d̶o̶w̶n̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶F̶i̶r̶e̶b̶r̶i̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶P̶r̶o̶m̶i̶n̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶K̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶.̶ ̶F̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶l̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶d̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶l̶l̶'̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶l̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶e̶d̶.̶ This was resolved without me knowing. Feel free to use no cooldown skills. Just watch your SP.
    • Try to balance the skills out in such a way you don't run out of SP when auto farming... but no one really cases too much about that. If you have SP problems, attach Sapiena ORB. You can get it from the advent based on floor 42.(I don't know it off the top of my head.)
    • Auto farm floors where you know your character will survive. It would suck to look up and see your respawn timer ticking out.
    This point feels outdated. Do you know how easy it is to unlock and master all the classes? I just did 7 of Ranger's eight advanced classes yesterday. It took me an hour of farming floor 22 for each class... no books. (It would have been faster on higher floor, but I can't auto those.) Finishing your DK achieve is an instant class master.

This point isn't bad. It's just outdated. Unlock classes that help your goal? Nah. Just unlock and master them all while wreaking havoc.
    This part is offensive.

If this was a guide for just farming materials, I would have let it slide. HOWEVER, this is a guide about grinding experience. Telling people that Mage is the best class for grinding experience would be the same as telling people to use 2h swords for maximum damage output. The problem? Only Warriors use that. So if you aren't a Warrior, my advice is pretty useless. The same applies here. If you aren't a Mage, that last part is pretty pointless.

On top of this, you didn't even mention you didn't even mention Mage's BEST farming skills and classes. Blizzard and Water Pole? Outdated. Sylwinder? Glacial? Ignite? Wizard EX skill? Blizzard still sees use, but it far from one of Mage's staple skills.

Finally, the gap between Mage and the rest of classes has been closed. Mage is still good, but it definitely isn't king. The introduction of EX skills knocked it down a peg. It may have gained EX skills itself, but it just more of the same while the other classes gained more damage and large AoE attacks. ORBs also reduce this gap as well. *looks directly at attack speed*

I think mentioning the other classes' ways of farming would have been better and more productive.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imagelesskink
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    The no cooldowns thing is outdated. I know it was like that a few months ago, but I just logged in for the first time in a while and that was fixed.

4. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    I wonder when it was fixed.

Anyway, I just tried it out. You are correct. My Striker didn't continue to spam Locus Kick after the other cooldowns returned. I'll edit my reply.

5. Rage54

Rage54 Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    OG-NPC
    Level:
    Although there are better skills and advanced classes, I do truly feel water pole is amazing for clearing easier mobs in small areas as many skills have forward attacks while waterpole is 360 and hits multiple times. Plus, it costs barely any SP which was about efficiency.
    Also, I discussed mage due to its combination of dps, wide attacks, and extra sp recovery while auto farming. Sure, any class can level fast, but through my gameplay I have seen mage to have an easier time leveling. As stated in many of my posts, feel free to comment if you disagree. Ive unlocked every class for mage and when farming moderate mobs or even party farming harder mobs it's easier to auto farm with low SP skills and either 1) fully kill easier mobs with ANY skill (making lower sp skills better) or 2) damage just enough % to get full exp gain when someone else kills the mob (also making me want to focus on the basic skills).

All of this is through my experience from playing every class and unlocking subclasses. As any review or tips it's all from experience and point of view. Some prefer farming dungeons for gold making while I prefer selling boxes and orbs. I look for efficiency and try to share what has helped me the most.

6. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Like Wizard EX... Sylwinder Hidden? Glacial EX? Sylwinder EX?

Water Pole doesn't deal enough damage on the higher floors (which is where you want to be farming). In addition, its range isn't as large as the skills mentioned above. Water Pole is outclassed on several levels. There's no reason to use it.

Mage is one of three base classes that doesn't have SP problems. The other two are Acolyte and Summoner. Mage's passive gives it SP every time it gets hit. You should know that auto farming characters don't properly space, so they get hit all the time. As long as you have good defenses, your SP is as good as infinite.

In addition, it's not hard to get high SP regen or to mitigate SP loss. The Crysta Case allows you add extra stat points to your character using the Rune gear you get from DK. I mentioned the Sapiena ORB as well because you will almost never run out with it equipped.

There's no reason to sacrifice damage for efficiency when there are little things you can do to improve your efficiency without sacrificing your damage.
    *sigh*

The actual "BEST" class for gaining exp is Warrior. End of story.

For starters, they have the highest base HP, so they can live a little longer when farming. Then, they have access to Dark Knight. It has two very important skills. One skill increases the attack speed of Warrior attacks (more DPS). The other gives mitigates damage by 50%. On top of this, Warrior skills hit hard in general (harder than Mage... not that Mage is weak). They also have Paladin. It has a skill that helps it regen health. (I almost forgot. Warrior's passive gives it more HP regen with more DEX.) It's EX skill is an attack and a heal.

Okay. Time for the elephant in the room.

Firebringer...

Its EX skill is amazing. It is by far the best EX skill ring in game for farming. There's no question. It has insanely high damage, and it has no cooldown. This means Warriors can equip a 2h sword for maximum damage without losing out on the cooldown reduction of 1h swords.

Now, bring it all together. Warrior has access to a no cooldown high damage skill while having the ability to survive on higher floors to deal that massive damage. I haven't mentioned that the skill's element is fire. It shreds through the floor 48 enemies like cheese. Even when the highest floor was floor 45, it burned through the water enemies like the game was based on real life. (If fire is hot enough, it turns water into steam.) I am also writing this assuming that your gear isn't 100% optimized (ie ORBs and Crysta Case). When optimized, it blows Mage out of the water. Warrior is just that good.

Mage just doesn't compare. It has good AoEs, but Warriors raw damage and versatility beats it out.
    But this does not mean they can not be misinformed or plain incorrect. They can still be criticized and/or corrected.

You stated your tips. I am correcting the parts that are incorrect or outdated, so that they are more useful to people.

Nobody (figuratively) farms dungeons for gold. The best way (factually) is to find a party and farm floors for ORBs. In the process, you should clear your DK achieve and get RE ORB boxes. (I don't sell Rune and Astra boxes. They have other uses for me.)

The only people who farm dungeons for gold are people who are unaware or still living in the past (which is still unaware).

Extra

1. Why do you keep calling the advanced classes sub classes? They are closer to promotions than sub classes. Awake classes also in the same category as advanced classes.
    2. There is one critical problem with how you thinking of farming. You keep mentioning fighting on lower floors, but that isn't efficient. While you are supposed to be fighting enemies you can kill quickly, you should also be getting stronger. The key to leveling is your damage. The more damage you deal, the faster you level. This means that "staying on lower floors" will not net you more exp than the higher floors. Eventually, you have to be strong enough to farm the higher floors with ease. (In the case of this post, Warrior... or Firebringers in general achieve this the fastest.)
      • To put it simply, the fastest way to gain exp is to increase your damage. More damage allows you to kill higher leveled enemies faster. Killing higher leveled enemies gains more exp. In turn, you gain more levels. With your stat points, you can invest in more damage. This creates a cycle.
    3. I still think topic of "best class to gain exp" is pointless. If this was a post about farming, I would have let it slide. That is still debatable. Though it is impossible to conclude since in the late game, EVERY class kills things extremely quickly, and EVERY class has access to strong AoE skills.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1