1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Sylwinder (Syl) - Advanced Class

Discussion in 'Magician' started by Taibasa Tsuyou, May 27, 2017.

1. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    With credits for input to @Jenisha
    As I've previously planned on unlocking Glacial when hitting Lv82, it got somewhat delayed even more. Due school I hadn't been able to unlock Glacial yet. But because I have logged in everyday for the Login Rewards, I noticed an Evolution Gangue Pack containing 3 whole items for 20 gems, which I just purchased for the sake of information.

So here goes:
    Requirements: Being Level 70+, 40x Hard Crystal, 30x Sharp Crystal, 5x Evolution Gangue

The numbers behind every type in brackets are the amount of SP the skill uses at Level 10!!

Active Skill:
    Lv1: 3600
    Lv2: 4900
    Lv3: 8800
    Lv4: 15200
    Lv5: 21000
    Lv6: 46800
    Lv7: 90000
    Lv8: 243000
    Lv9: 612000
    Lv10: 1380000

Hidden Skill (Tornado Blast):
    Lv1: 9600
    Lv2: 15900
    Lv3: 28000
    Lv4: 49200
    Lv5: 60000
    Lv6: 120450
    Lv7: 138270
    Lv8: 278960
    Lv9: 899140
    Lv10: 1939520

Wind Shot
    Magic skill that compress the wind and releases in high speed.

A (21 SP): Release 3 consecutive shots.
    B (21 SP): Release 3 shots in wide range.
    C (21 SP): Shorter enchant time and faster shot speed.
    Wind Skill is a ranged skill similar to that of Fire Bullet; but as a wind element. It has similar branches as Fire Bullet too! Wind Shot A is very similar to Fire Bullet C; only difference is that Wind Shot shots 3 consecutive shots and Fire Bullet shots the two last bullets at the second tap. Wind Shot B has a wide range which are going \ | / much like Fire Bullet B. C is for shorter enchant time and faster shot speed; which could be interesting for people who don't have much patience (ironically Magic-types are most of the time slow so why...). Personally I went for Wind Shot A because I like more hits on one focus, than spread over a few enemies; and else I'll just use Dark Pain's Curse Cuse. Knowing Avabel, the C type won't change too much in speed, in which you can better go for either A or B.
    Other inputs:

Repelling Cyclone
    Magic skill that wakes powerful wind and knocks back surroudings.

A (24 SP): More damage and higher knock back effect.
    B (24 SP): Wider range of knock back effect.
    C (26 SP): Shorter enchant and recovery time but with more SP consumed.
    Repelling Cyclone is a typical skill like Rock Mace and some of Wanderer's Skills. It knockbacks others close to you away. It's a nice way to repel anything in a 360° around yourself. I thing I can compare this to Wind Dagger and Light Belt. Rock Mace would be like Wind Dagger, just one side your facing at. Repelling Cyclone would be like Light Belt, having effect in a 360° around you! Now for the branches, I went for A, because I won't be using these knockbacks often to the point that only knocking back would be useless. That's why I chose a more damage with higher knockback effect.

Storm Ride
    Magic skill that charges forward riding on gusty wind.

A (26 SP): More damage.
    B (26 SP): Wider attack range.
    C (28 SP): Shorter enchant and recovery time on the ground but with more SP consumed.
    Storm Ride is another skill I pretty much like~ Here I took branch B as for wider range. This skill can serve as an extra Dash, and does damage too! You can eventually also perform a skill after you've landed in the front of you. To spare SP, C won't be chosen by a lot of people, so it'd either more damage or the range. There are better skills for damaging, so a winder attack range would be suitable for this skill in my opinion.

Tornado Blast
    Skill that summons multiple tornadoes, making them collide to cause aerial explosion.
    Everything is broken into dust.

Requirement: Wind Shot Lv 10, Repelling Cyclone Lv 10, Storm Ride Lv 10
    A (34 SP): More damage by tornadoes.
    B (34 SP): More damage by explosion.
    C (35 SP): Shorter enchant and recovery time but with more SP consumed.
    Tornado Blast! The Hidden Skill of Sylwinder! This skill is casted with you in the center of it (much like Wanderer's Geo Dancer's Asround. The sole difference is that the tornadoes are going towards the center instead of outside. Here I haven't chosen a branch yet, but I would probably go with A; more damage by tornadoes. The reason behind this is simple. The explosion is only at the end of the skill. For both PvE and PvP this wouldn't be too much of a profit, because they either are dead long time ago or are already out of range. To get the most out of it, the damage done by the tornadoes have more merit than the explosion (to still state the obvious out from its description: the explosions takes place when the tornadoes collide/crash in the center).

IMG_2454.PNG IMG_2456.PNG
    Wind Shot

IMG_2457.PNG IMG_2458.PNG IMG_2459.PNG
    Repelling Cyclone

IMG_2463.PNG IMG_2462.PNG IMG_2460.PNG IMG_2461.PNG
    Storm Ride

IMG_3062.PNG
    Tornado Blast

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jenisha

Jenisha New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ♪erika♪
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hiraos
    Wind Shot (This skill is my focus right now since unlocking Slywinder) Took a while to unlock this :p
    Type A or Type B is what may actually be interesting/useful.
    IMO, Type A (Release 3 consecutiveshots) would be preferred by players who are mostly main tower grinders- coz it helps focus attack on mobs / bosses (who are essentially slow compared to PVP).
    Type B (Release 3 shots in widerange) would be good for players who mostly are on PVP maps as it increases chances of landing a hit on fast moving players who roll/attempt to dodge your hit.
    Type C (Shorter enchant time and faster shot speed)- well I don't know anyone who has taken this branch coz it's looks to be a branch which will essentially limit your shots to 1 instead of 3 with the only benefit being shorter enchant/faster speed. And with the way this skill casts, I don't see a need for shorter enchant time and faster speed of the wind ball at the cost of dmg or wide range.
    However, I leave it up to maybe more experienced players to add or put more light on this coz there doesn't seem to be much info on Slywinder discussed on this forum (even though it's the most sought after class by mages).:rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Nice input! May I add the thoughts alongside mines in the near future in the Original post with crediting? Always nice to have more thoughts on a class/skill ^^
    I haven't been able to explore too much of this class yet, because of time... Orz

And yea this class is indeed one of the goals for a lot of Mages. That's why I end up procrastinating Glacial and end up unlocking this class first.

4. Jenisha

Jenisha New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ♪erika♪
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hiraos
    Thx.. Oh yea.. Sure.. I am just trying to get more info on here that may help other members..