1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Summoner (Sma) - The 9th base class

Discussion in 'Avabel Class Discussions' started by Taibasa Tsuyou, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    So.. there we are, with the newly added 9th base class in Avabel, Summoner!
    There is no advanced class released yet, unlike the previous Revenger who got a base and advanced class released at same time. But soon or later we'll see it! And let's hope there really is some chance on having the ability to actually summon some creatures! ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Skill screens below as I usually do with class threads xD
    (Also... the skill descriptions on branches/types are very very nice Avabel!)
    [For a better translation of the Branches see 2nd post below ↓ by @imagelesskink as I keep the original in-game description in the original post]

All Skills: Dagger/Magi weapons
    Advanced Class NPC's recommended status: INT
    I'm personally recommending VIT too, because you're still getting hit a lot more, with the inability to move away while you're still summoning. DEX still optional to your own's preference with criticals, passive's recovery etc.

The numbers behind every type in brackets are the amount of SP the skill uses at Level 6!

Calm Soul (Exclusive passive)
    Increase natural healing of SP by calming down the soul.
    Recovery amount and rate is affected from DEX.

Burst Summon - 8 SP (pre Lv5)
    Skill to call elements that will disperse raging fire.
    A (7 SP): Small increased power, holding consume SP and Cool Time. Increases consumed SP and Cool Time.
    B (11 SP): Mid-level increased power and have knock back effect.
    C (14 SP): Big increased power. Increases consumed SP and Cool Time.
    This skill is my personal most used. Its range is 360° around yourself as an AoE and the damage is quite nice. Downfall though is that you will be hit by mobs because you're immobilized while summoning the skill. In terms of branches, I'm going for either B or C. B would be purely for the Knockback effect. C for the big increased Power.

Splash Summon - 8 SP (pre Lv5)
    Skill to call elements that will wash away with watery flood.
    A (7 SP): Small increased power, holding consume SP and Cool Time. Increases consumed SP and Cool Time.
    B (11 SP): Mid-level increased power and have knock back effect.
    Splash Summon isn't too much in my favorite list. It's a little bit similar to Magician's Ice Spear / Wizard's Uncharged Grand Fang. Only difference is that it first summons a waterball and let water pour out of the ground a little bit further. This create a situation where you cannot stand too far nor too close to your target. Luckily the skill has a small AoE. I'm considering taking B, Knockback, with this skill.

Fel Summon - 7 SP (pre Lv5)
    Skill to call elements that can destroy with invisible blade.
    A (7 SP): Small increased power, holding consume SP and Cool Time. Increase distance damage.
    B (9 SP): Mid-level increased power and have knock back effect. Increase distance damage.
    C (11 SP): Big increased power. Increase distance damage.
    This wind skill is another skill similar to some of the Mage's skills. Magician's Fire Bullet Type B and Dark Pain's Curse Cuse, Sylwinder's Wind Shot Type B. It's one of my secondary most used skill out of these six. The cooltime is around half the time for all other skills (for short: It has a shorter cooltime compared to the others). Because of this reason, I'll mostl likely go for A for less SP and cooltime. However B might have a chance too just for the Knockback. Don't think C is worth it on this skill.

Break Summon - 8 SP (pre Lv5)
    Skill to call elements that can break through the earth.
    B (11 SP): Mid-level increased power and have knock back effect. Increase Cool Time.
    For now the only skill which already has a Knockback effect before choosing a certain branch, much like how Magician's Rock Mace has (difference of Break Summon being an AoE skill). I'm assuming the B-type's Knockback here is the same as Rock Mace, and will increase the Knockback distance even further. Damage I've done so far in the first 11 floors (wind-mobs included) aren't too outstanding. Think I'll choose B for the extra distance it will give me (hoping it'll be like Rock Mace).

Ray Summon - 8 SP (pre Lv5)
    Skill to call elements that can vanish evils with strong ray of light.
    B (11 SP): Mid-level increased power and have knock back effect. Increase Cool Time.
    This skill is then weirdly more associated with Acolyte for me. The name already has "Ray" in it, which were used for a few Acolyte skills. Damage is nice, but your positioning and the summontime (cast time) are making is more difficult. What's more the distance is mid-ranged, so you cannot stand too far away from your target but because you're summoning, you also cannot stand too close. I'll go for either A or B.

Poison Summon - 8 SP (pre Lv5)
    Skill to call elements that can transform poison to magic bullet.
    A (7 SP): Small increased power, holding consume SP and Cool Time.
    C (14 SP): Big increased power. Increase Cool Time.
    This last skill is interesting as the name already says. Like Ray Summon, this skill has a nice damage output. A difference however is that you only mustn't stand too close to your target. At the other side, you can stand further away, because it's summoning a moving Magical poisoned bullet from a further distance from where you're standing. Then, you have another effect on the skill which I've noticed. There are really times/chances that the target get poisoned. I might go with A on this skill.

Gain Str, Vit, Int, Men, Dex, HP, SP
    At Lv5 (max level) +5 Stats each and +120 HP, +70 SP

IMG_3314.PNG
    Burst Summon

IMG_3315.PNG
    Splash Summon

IMG_3316.PNG
    Fel Summon

IMG_3319.PNG
    Break Summon

IMG_3321.PNG
    Ray Summon

IMG_3322.PNG
    Poison Summon

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    The abbreviation sma is based on the Japanese transliteration, and is likely to change.
    I can't put up with those descriptions, so I'll provide a translation from Japanese. Source is http://wikiwiki.jp/avabel/?%BF%A6%B6%C8%2F%A5%B5%A5%E2%A5%CA%A1%BC
    Burst Summon (SP:8)
    A skill to summon an element to spread raging flames.
    • Type A: Slight increase in power, while suppressing consumed SP and cool time (SP:7)
    • Type B:Medium increase in power, adding a knockback effect (SP:11)
    • Type C:Large increase in power. Consumed SP and cool time are increased. (SP:14)

Splash Summon (SP:8)
    Summon an element to wash everything away with a raging current.
    • Type A: Slight increase in power, while suppressing consumed SP and cool time (SP:7)
    • Type B: Medium increase in power, adding a knockback effect (SP:11)
    • Type C: Large increase in power. Consumed SP and cool time are increased. (SP:14)

Fel Summon (SP:8)
    A skill to summon an element to fire vacuum blades to sever everything.
    • Type A: Slight increase in power, large increase in range (SP:7)
    • Type B: Medium increase in power and range (SP:9)
    • Type C: Large increase in power. Consumed SP and cool time are increased. (SP:11)

Break Summon (SP:8)
    A skill to summon an element to bore through the earth, releasing a powerful shock wave.
    • Type B: Medium increase in power, adding a knockback effect (SP:11)
    • Type C: Large increase in power. Consumed SP and cool time are increased. (SP:14)

Ray Summon (SP:8)
    A skill to summon an element to erase evil with a powerful laser.
    • Type A: Slight increase in power and a large knockback effect. Consumed SP and cool time are decreased. (SP:7)
    • Type B: Medium increase in power and a medium knockback effect. Cool time increased. (SP:11)

Poison Summon (SP:8)
    Summon an element to fire a magical projectile of deadly poison.
    • Type A: Slight increase in power and increased range. Consumed SP and cool time are decreased. (SP:7)
    • Type B: Medium increase in power and chance of inflicting poison. Cool time increased. (SP:11)
    • Type C: Large increase in power and chance of inflicting poison. Consumed SP and cool time increased. (SP:14)

The description of Calm Soul is fine as is. Skills are likely to increase in the future, probably along with the release of Exister.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    LOL! I think for once google translate is even more accurate than a game's translation from the Japanese. x'D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    Has anyone actually managed to hit something with splash summon? It makes a geyser really far away, farther than auto-target.

5. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    auto target's range is even more close? I've never used auto target besides when I just started back in 2014. x'D But I've hit several monsters though.... :thinking:
    Still not too really fond of Splash Summon personally.. If only the place would be much farther away from where you are standing, it'd be perfect. But for me it still seems too close to your character. By the time it's actually summoned, monsters at this distance would've already either walked away, came closer to you or even attacked you. And if you're trying to predict them walking close to you, you might have wasted your time and sp, and maybe even hp, if they were walking towards that place afterall. :/

6. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    If only it was a line of geysers like a unidirectional water pole or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    Like mellow's water skill. Maybe they will add mob summons. Like imp's fireball and scarabe's rock throw ect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Oh! I like that idea! Using already existing mob's skills! :3

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    It'd be the same concept as boss rings as he mentioned above. So the base code is already there. But yeah it would be nice if it was added. Heck it would be gaunge(?) Class worthy w/ the right mob skills

Edit: to get back on topic: what would you recommend for stat distribution? Treat it as mage?

• Like Like x 1
  10. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    I'd mostly treat it as mage, but as it is now there are a lot of openings when using skills so points in VIT would be good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    I've put that in my original post too above. x'D
    So far I have around 2:1 Int:Vit
    I'm not really sure about Dex yet, since as Base class only I'm not even running out of SP. But as more advanced classes will likely come out, you might, but not really sure how well it goes.
    But my personal priority lies in Int and Vit, because.... The long castings and fact there aren't as many long range skills. Still no idea why a Summoner is close range though... Summoner is normally standing at the rear, not the front. x'D

12. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    Update on something I noticed in that japanese site, exister seems like it'll require 50 illusionary crystals to unlock.

13. Taizai

Taizai New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Taizai (Sma)
    Guild:
    Vampire
    Summoner and it's advance class lacks mobility but the skills compensates with it. Though damage wise, not much. well it depends on the build and gears you have. also when I mastered Exester, its different from when i mastered the phantom gunner. Since, the skills i had with my phantom gunner are REs now and are seen on the novice skill set. Unlike the Exester.

14. Rage54

Rage54 Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Lawwwdy
    Level:
    Went full dex and loved the results until lvl75. Any way to get restatus without restatus scroll? Kept boosting dex due to increase but I did not get an increase in Min/Max atk last status increase. Any thoughts?

15. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    Boosting DEX gives a +1 to minatk and minmatk every 2 points, in addition to affecting critical rate. Criticals are based entirely on maxatk/maxmatk so if you boost it too much you start doing LESS damage on average, since it is possible to have a higher minatk than maxatk. Summoners have absolutely zero use for atk, so if you're just trying to deal more damage you should spend most of your points in INT instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    As for the restatus, You can get to F24 to get an achievement of reaching that floor, and get a restatus scroll as reward for that achievement.

17. Rage54

Rage54 Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Lawwwdy
    Level:
    Both me and my gf did fl24 and doesny give restatus scroll anynore. Mine was a seconf account and hers is a freshly new gmail and character

18. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    oh... hmm... then your only option left is indeed only in the SHOP, buying with gems. :thinking:
    If it's not too much urgent, you can try to wait until they go on sale and then buy them. Although it's still hard to tell when they'll do sales exactly... Only assumptions of Summer sales/Winter sales/Black Friday sales/others... (to save gems..)

19. Rage54

Rage54 Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Lawwwdy
    Level:
    Yeah, im just saving gems now. Daily gems from this month and daily login

20. Rage54

Rage54 Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Lawwwdy
    Level:
    Got restatus from free gems (login) and I have to say, full INT is amazing. I recommend sticking with exester and not getting the new adv class. With full INT exester is a farming machine. I have put some points towards VIT like recommended from a few players and it helps some. Also about to use login gems again for an acc slot so I can use 3 VIT rings. This way I can farm exp for longer without using many pots.