1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Summoner Advanced Class: Exester

Discussion in 'Avabel Class Discussions' started by imagelesskink, Apr 23, 2018.

1. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    The Japanese wiki was just updated, so I'm posting the in-game descriptions and the proper descriptions together.
    All skills are Magi-exclusive.

Summon Bahamut: Max Lvl. 10, 800 SP
    In-game description: Summon Bahamut and burn enemy in to ashes with fire from hell.
    Translation from Japanese: Summon Bahamut to burn away all that stands before you with a blazing hellfire.

Teach Bahamut Skills (Translation: Order Bahamut to use skills): Max Lvl. 1, 45 SP
    In-game description: Order Bahamut to use skills.
    Translation: Same as above.
    Notes: There are 3 different skills that it uses at random:
    • A fire-element breath with wide & long range and hefty damage.
    • An earth-element quake. Three hits, decent damage. Circle centered on Bahamut with range wider than Burst Summon. I think it's around the same as Ignite's Flame Trap. Slow to activate.
    • A wind-element charge & tornado. 1 hit for charge, 2-3? hits from tornado. Fast. Fairly wide range.

Call back Bahamut: Max Lvl. 1, 20 SP
    In-game description: Call back Bahamut to where the player is.
    Translation: good enough.
    Notes: Haven't really had to use this much. If you get too far away he teleports to you anyway, and won't venture as far away from you as I'd like him to.

Target Arrow: Max Lvl. 10, 10 SP
    In-game description: To trap an attack to the enemy for hit
    Type A: Increase boosted distance
    Type B: Mid-level boosted distance and power
    Type C: High-level boosted power​
    ACTUAL description: Bahamut will attack the enemy that is hit.
    Type A: Greatly increased distance.
    Type B: Increased distance and power.
    Type C: Greatly increased power.​
    Notes: ugh. Had to wait for the Japanese translation before deciding on a branch. It's non-elemental, unlike every other summoner skill, but even at level 5 it's barely any stronger than a regular attack. It may actually turn into something passable with type C, but I'm taking no chances. Type A, no question.

I haven't gotten my own hands on it yet, but the Japanese wiki has a description of the EX skill, so I'll translate it for you.
    EX Skill:
    Order Bahamut to use EX skill: Max lvl. 3, 150 SP
    Translated description: Bahamut uses its EX skill. Summons the flames of purgatory with enough energy to shake the Earth.
    Transated notes: After gathering energy in its mouth, Bahamut releases a wide-ranged breath for a single hit. Bahamut disappears after use.

Hope this helps!

PS: Dunno if it's just for me, but none of the skills can be set as the master skill (not that it matters right now), and mastering the class doesn't net you the RE skills. Shame, I wanted to march around with 2 Bahamuts in tow.

EDIT: As Taibasa suggested, I'll put the requirements here too.
    Sharp Crystal x40, Hard Crystal x20, Illusionary Crystal x50, Dragon Stone x1 (I didn't remember so this is also from JP wiki)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Stickied~ ^o^)b
    (Maybe an idea to put the requirement to unlock the class above the thread. :3)

3. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    It's almost funny how Bahamut always uses the ONE skill I don't want him to, like tornado charge against an earth enemy, or quake when nobody's around.

4. Taizai

Taizai New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Taizai/Nymph
    Guild:
    BlueMoon
    I think Bahamut's normal damage is a bit low, and i noticed that bahamt keeps attacking somewhere even if i used the strike skill.

5. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    I think that target arrow gets Bahamut to attack whatever it hits, but doesn't guarantee he'll keep attacking it. And yeah, he's pretty weak. If he could get further away than my bluetooth headset, it would make this a really strong class, though.

6. Taizai

Taizai New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Taizai/Nymph
    Guild:
    BlueMoon
    But im still hanging, still hoping that the next advance class offers a better way to play Summoner. Because if not, im thinking on making a Wanderer or Revenger for God's sake haha

7. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    My guess is that the next class is going to be similar. However, mastering Exester will let you summon Bahamut and the new summon at the same time. So once all advanced classes are released, you could (provided your SP holds up) tote around a little miniature army everywhere you go. That would make up for the small damage of individual summons. Also, keep in mind that Bahamut's regular attack is a regular attack; it's not going to cause as much damage as skills. Bahamut's skills aren't any weaker than Summoner skills and have wider range.

As an aside, I want there to be a summon that can heal you.

8. Taizai

Taizai New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Taizai/Nymph
    Guild:
    BlueMoon
    That would be awesome, but the thing is, at the moment, When Exester is mastered, unlike other classes, you will not see the summoner skill as RE skill in the novice skill set. But, i hope that that changes in the near future. If so it happens, the army ur saying will come true haha

Btw, my main is an Exester ign is Taizai still.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2018
  9. AmyAvabel

AmyAvabel New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Amy / Solemn
    Level:
    A bit of Info: The Dragon's power depends on your character's. If your character has high atk/matk, so will your dragon. If your character has high def/mdef/hp, so will your dragon. I think same goes with crit but not sure.

10. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    I think that not automatically getting Exester RE skills is a sign that they're planning to make conditions for unlocking RE skills. I was pretty sure that was the case from the start, though.
    If Bahamut's damage is based on your ATK rather than your MATK, then that explains why he's so weak. Magi are the most magically-focused weapons in the game and I doubt any summoner has put points into STR.

Something I just noticed with my healer doing dk on f42: apparently you can heal Bahamut to make it stick around. Doubt it will prevent him from disappearing after the EX skill, though.

11. Taizai

Taizai New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Taizai/Nymph
    Guild:
    BlueMoon
    yeh he dies aftee using the ex skill

12. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    The Japanese wiki was updated with supplemental descriptions, so I'll provide a translation of those.
    Summon Bahamut: Summons a blue dragon 2.5 times the player's size. Automatically targets enemies within a certain distance, and fires a penetrative fireball every few seconds (damage is dependent on summoner's MATK). Bahamut has its own HP bar and loses a fixed amount of its max value every second (likely 1~0.5%)*. Naturally, it also reduces from attacks from monsters in the field or enemy players in PvP, so in higher floors it's not uncommon to disappear right away.
    *By my measurements, at skill level 10 Bahamut lasts 10 minutes 40 seconds, which computes to 0.15625%. Not too shabby.
    EDIT: After the last maintenance, the duration was reduced by almost half. However, I think the skills may have been strengthened slightly.

Teach Bahamut Skills: One of 3 types of skills is used at random.
    • Howl: After around 3 seconds of charging, Bahamut performs a 3 hit area attack in 360 degrees around itself. Unlike what the appearance suggests, there is no knockback effect, so surrounding enemies will take all 3 hits, provided they don't evade.
    • Breath: After a small charge, Bahamut releases a fiery breath in a fan shape in front of itself. Most hits and most damage of Bahamut's skills, but it's fire elemental so it's not almighty. Max 6~7 hits.
    • Charge: Fastest skill to activate. After flapping in place and applying a spin, Bahamut charges forward and releases a tornado at its stopping point. Movement distance is around the same as Dash and the tornado has knockback effect.
    *The wiki didn't mention it, but I'm pretty certain the elements I said in the first post apply. I know for certain that charge is wind elemental, but I haven't faced any fire or wind enemies yet. The skills are all quite wide-ranged, likely at least as large as fire trap or possibly even blizzard. Exester is now likely the most efficient class at 1st floor farming.

Call Bahamut Back: Rather than calling back, it's closer to teleportation. If performed while Bahamut is using a skill, the skill's effect and attack range remain at the original position while Bahamut teleports to you. However, until the skill ends Bahamut remains unable to act and continues to perform the skill motions.
    *I've also confirmed that the skill effect and damage area remain if Bahamut disappears mid-skill.

Target Arrow: Fires a fireball-like thing forward with the same motion as the initial blow of the regular attack. Area, range, and damage are all very low, and there are no follow-up attacks when repeatedly tapping the shortcut. Truly a skill meant only to hit the enemy, so type A is recommended.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    I can confirm that your original speculation is true. Floor 13 insects took less damage from charge skills while more from breath skills. Floor 22 the wisps received(?) Less damage howl skills while on floor 6 flyers took more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Taizai

Taizai New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Taizai/Nymph
    Guild:
    BlueMoon
    I know it's too soon to ask this since Exester just came out, but do
    you guys have any news or ideas as to when and , possibly, what kind of next advance class Summoners will have?

Ign: Taizai
    Class: Exester

15. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Wish we would. But as of now, we don't. ;(

16. Dian Lois Jane Sta.Ana

Dian Lois Jane Sta.Ana New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Keter
    Level:
    Is it just me or Exester really does look underwhelming...?

17. Taizai

Taizai New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Taizai/Nymph
    Guild:
    BlueMoon
    Well, my attacks are adequately acceptable. It's a good thing my guild mates and guild leader are supporting me with the class I chose. Giving me hopes. To wait for further notices from Asobimo.

18. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    It has one thing going for it that makes it strong. It’s the lag it brings when someone summons it on f42. XD

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    Right now we can only guess but we know they are in the make though going by the survey they did. (I suggested Fenrir and archangel )

20. Chams

Chams New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Chamous
    Hi
    This is my first int based class so I'm a bit lost when it comes to the stats usually I just put everything into Dex but right now I'm not sure if this is the right call
    Any peice of advice?