1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Storm Raider Skill+Build Guide

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by Leo Striker, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Storm Raider is 20 Sharp /40 Hard
    note: to take 1 skill (Active Skill only) from one Adv. Class you need to Max All Skills of that Adv. Class to bring it over to another Adv. Class Also Storm Raider does not have a Hidden Skill.
    Weapon:
    Dagger+Sword, Dagger+Shield(Nerf Damage By 10%), or Dual Dagger
    as all the Skills are Multi-Hits and Passive Focus more on STR should have Builds that has Str>Dex.
    Power Rogues Builds:
    Str>Dex: For Rogues that Value Power over Duplex this Build does High Damage but Medium Duplex,Crit Chances though and leaves you weak Defense.
    Str>Vit or STR=VIT: For Rogues that Want High Dmg and to Be Tough enough to take hits, Lowest Duplex, Crits Chances.
    Full Str: Rogues that just want Highest Dmg, Lowest Duplex, Crit Chances and Low HP & DEF.
    Assassin Build: Full Str, Dex 30, 10 Vit(Optional): Has Highest Dmg, while Still Have a better but still low Chance of Duplex, Crits.
    Advance Class's Passive Build:
    Storm Raider: Str>Dex=Vit: Rogue that Has High Dmg, while Medium Chance of Duplex, Crits, and Medium HP and Def.
    Thanks to @FlyingLotus For Posting Storm Raider Skills
    Storm Fang
    Skill Type:
    Passive
    Level 1: Str +1
    Level 2: Str +1
    Level 3: Dex +1
    Level 4: Vit +1
    Level 5: Str +1
    Level 6: Dex +1
    Level 7: Vit +1
    Level 8: Str +1
    Level 9: Dex +1
    Level 10: Vit +1

Bull Trap
    Weapons:
    One Hand Sword, Dagger
    Skill Type: Active
    Used SP: 25
    Description: Placing skill that generates a poison bullet in surroundings. Gives poison in a certain rate.
    (Shoots 4 slow poison bullets in different directions.)
    Level 5 Branches:
    http://imgur.com/a/sli04
    Dagger Lance
    Weapons:
    Dagger
    Used SP: 21
    Description: Throws a dagger with high penetration. Can attack 3 times at most with adding inputs.
    (Spam-able throw dagger that goes through enemies.)
    Level 5 Branches:
    http://imgur.com/a/UN8TX
    Gear Blade
    Weapons:
    One Hand Sword, Dagger
    Used SP: 22
    Requirements: Bull Trap Lv 5, Dagger Lance Lv 3
    Description: Range attack that beats the surrounding enemies with a quick spin attack.
    (Hits 4 times in a spin, can be used in the air.)
    Level 5 Branches:
    http://imgur.com/a/HR8so
    Storm Raider's Style is to Pursue and Kill enemies with most of the Skills are mid-close range, Dagger Lance is long-mid range also their Skills seem to have more attack range enough to call them Aoe skills cause they hit more than one target

Thanks to @PatcheS for Posting ScreenShots of the Storm Raider Skill Lists:
    This is all the active skills and branches for
    Storm Raider: this class is fast in my opinion, and is good for pursuing enemies.
    ~Bull Trap~
    Pops out 4 purple poison balls that very slowly move outward on the ground away from your character.
    Branch A

2014-05-05 19.52.36.png
    B
    2014-05-05 19.52.41.png
    C
    2014-05-05 19.52.47.png
    ~Dagger Lance~
    Throws sets of knives straight ahead. As you click skills it can throw 1,2, or 3 sets of them.
    Branch A

2014-05-05 19.53.04.png
    B
    2014-05-05 19.53.12.png

C

2014-05-05 19.53.16.png
    ~Gear Blade~
    Best Storm Raider skill. Is fast and hits about 4 hits + there is duplex hits to so could be 8 if your lucky which is awesome! smallish aoe :Quickly spirals foward hitting anything close enough, can be used in the air.
    Branch A

2014-05-05 19.53.29.png
    B
    2014-05-05 19.53.34.png
    C
    2014-05-05 19.53.39.png

My Friend @Strife Took the Class Storm Raider and Choose these Branches for his skills:
    Gear blade fire power
    Bull trap longer lasting
    Dagger lance mid distance with higher power (i never use this one its only for dagger)
    He also share his Fight style as well in PvP:
    First ill get near them using kill drive,Then i'll put bull trap, the main purpose isn't to hit em but to limit their movement so they will not roll to those ball direction but if its hit em than its good.When they run from ball you can chase or use kill drive again to get ahead of them usually they'll roll from kill drive, thats when you do gear blade, but if you chase without kill drive just run cause you can catch up easily cause of that faster run skill then when you near usually they'll roll or atk you, if they atk you can dodge and do gear blade, if they roll you can wait till they run again then do gear blade,Actually main skill that will damaging enemy is as you know the gear blade,And for mage its just to easy, you can even hit em with rumble vain cause they animation skill take long time. Use kill drive to move toward them and run from aoe, when you're near they'll roll then you do gear blade, so the point is do gear blade after they roll, or rumble vain when they use their slow animation skill, not much prob for mage. For cr, why we cant handle em, cause of duplex, the more we hit em the higher chance to get stunned, and duplex helping em to stun us. The only good chance to atk em is if they're healing them self since they only heal around 200 for 7-8 times but our gear blade gonna do higher damage with chance of duplex, why gearblade? Cause you cant finish rumble vain before they roll, gear blade is sr skill with highest hit rate on pvp, And another chance to damage them is when they do that slow skill which will cracked the floor, i forgot the name, they're very vulnerable when they use it. Once again, the stun and heal is gonna annoy you a lot, Ah and dodge dagger, i use it only to make some space, we use it depends on situation.

Thanks to @Reonen Zeruel for posting his Experience about Storm Raider:
    Well, as a Storm Raider, during training I only use 3 skills: Rumble Vain, Kill Drive and Gear Blade. I train at 17th floor from lvl 60 - 70. For me using only these 3 skills are the most fastest way to eliminate a mob and uses the least amount of SP. Usually, I last 10 - 20 minutes before I take a rest in a safe place since I don't use HP and SP pots for my whole journey being a Rogue (5) to Storm Raider (70).
    Now as for PvP, the skills I use are: Rumble Vain, Kill Drive, Dodge Dagger and Gear Blade. Dodge Dagger is a great skill to evade upcoming melee attacks while Gear Blade is a great skill to use when your opponent seems like they are teleporting due to lag or when you couldn't get a good aim to attack him with Rumble Vain or Kill Drive. Quick Move is a great skill before you commence PvP.

Thanks to @Haccy_1andOnly for Posting her Info about Storm Raider:
    I'm still adjusting to my Storm Raider. (So far I like it, a lot.)
    The Skills that I swear by are Rumble Vain (Currently Lvl. 9), Gear Blade (Currently Level 8) and Dagger Lance (Currently Lvl. 7).
    Passive Skill for SR almost maxed.
    My Stat Build isn't the greatest.. but not the worse.
    Str: 88+12 Dex: 30+14 Vit,Men & Int: 9+10.
    Aside from low defense (crappy armor and maxed 3 star weapons, cause I'm a cheapskate ;)) I get pretty decent damage Floors 1-13. And can hold my own for a while in PVP (But not long).
    I haven't delved into the elemental weaponry yet, but from Ace's post above, I may consider it.

Thanks to @Ace for Posting his Opinion about Storm Raider:
    Storm Raider : more of a head on fighter landing more hits so I say pay attention to your dex and vital here then strength and men.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Donny

Donny Member

In Game Name:
    Buddha
    Level:
    Guild:
    Armada
    What is the hiding skill that you can onlock after you have max out your passive? And wich wep does it need?

3. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    there only Hidden Skill for the 3rd Advance Classes. we Don't know if the 4th Advance Classes have a Hidden or not Still checking about that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Kazumi Ichihara

Kazumi Ichihara IGN: Kazumeh

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Kazumeh
    Is it true that Storm Raider uses magic?.... So, Daggers are still preferable if you're a Storm Raider...

5. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    lol Storm Raider Don't have Magic Skills. Dagger or Dagger/Sword gives you all 4 Skills while Dagger/Sword gives you best Dmg with all 4 Skills

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Kazumi Ichihara

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Kazumeh
    Thanks... For Enlightening me!!!....

7. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    no problem

8. 『The † Jo』

『The † Jo』 ☞†☜

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Jo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RagNaroK
    Regarding Haccy credit post. Element is a game changer. Taking my non-elem weapons past floor 15 is hard to kill a darn thing but with Wind element in 16-18 it will make everything seem like your normal level. Experimenting element on armor so...

Crit builds especially benefit from this because not only damage is increased but mainly crit. Noticable difference.
    (I am also a low str build 30+10

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kazumi Ichihara

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Kazumeh
    I think I'll invest some time in gathering element fragments from now...

10. Kenneth Rey Aquino

Kenneth Rey Aquino New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    KentoT
    Level:
    So what is the best type of gear blade we should get??

11. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    best Type? eh once again it Depends on the Player's Style do they want to Spam the Skill? if so then go for Continuous Type then to Spam Skill at the cost of Nerfing it Damage but I can only See Power Rogues Going with Branch and Still be fine but is Nerfing that Dmg really better than Having a Slight longer Rigor or More Cool Down Time Granted it will can have a shorter Cool Down but also know this to kill Mobs it more Uses of it meaning that you Spamming(More Quickly than the other Branches) then you would with the other Branches think about it if you not a Power Rogue is it Worth it?. Going for Fire Power Type is Cool for that increase Dmg but that Longer Cool Down Time tho also I See this as a Branch Duplex Rogues Should Go With and that kinda make Gear Blade more less use cause you have to wait even longer for it to get done Cooling Down just saying if your not a Duplex Rogue then is that extra Dmg at the cost of more CoolDown time really Worth it then Having less CoolDown Time or Slight Longer Rigor?.now Expansion Type Makes Gear Blade into a Bigger Aoe Skill than it was at lvl 1-5 also note it Said Slight longer Rigor meaning you won't be able to move after Using it but It only 0.5 and also the Wider Attack Range is really Good takes in More Targets meaning More Kills your Dmg is nerf but your Dmg is also not Increase meaning this is the Balance Version of the Skill it Cool Down time is the same and it Dmg is the Same or a little bit better but not enough that you notice it so is the Slight Rigor worth it for that Wider Attack Range? the Slight Rigor can be taken care of by Timing your attacks with the Target's Attack Pattern so it really Simple plus as Rogues we should already be doing this so it not really that bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Kenneth Rey Aquino

Kenneth Rey Aquino New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    KentoT
    Level:
    My build at the moment is str 80 and dex 30, but im still confuse on what to get tho. Waaah

13. koku_rou142

koku_rou142 Active Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kokurou
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Me personally as a storm raider i have split str and dex, both at 53, not really a pvp build but its good if you just wanna hit often. Gear blade i have continuous, bull trap i have endure type and dagger lance i have distance, mostly because i use dagger lance when i go defensive either out in the field or in pvp. Very useful, bull trap lasts a reeeeaaaally long time if you choose the longer lasting type. Gear blade basically holds power if you have continuous use, i might actually change it to wider range just for pvp.

Reason for the split str/dex, i crit and duplex on monsters insanely. I may not hit hard, but crit and duplex makes up for the damage, especially bull trap, since 10 hits 8/10 are crits and duplexed. Same with all the other sr skills.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Has anyone even made note how much of a differenace in range gear blade has in branch C?( I need to see the image of how much more in my head or in person) What of Gearblade branch A how much shorter of a cooldown is it compared to the default amount?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  15. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Type C is like Having an Dagger connected to another Dagger pretty much Gear Blade Lv1-5 was Dagger Range then with Type C it went to 1h Sword Range or Double the Dagger Range this is the best I can say it allows you to stay out of Target's Attack Range more often.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. koku_rou142

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kokurou
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Gear Blade A is like...almost an instant cooldown. Its good if youre in pvp and do t wanna get hammered directly.

Type C, its about 1-2 meters (in game) wider. Also good against warriors, creators, and sometimes, even rangers.

17. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    @Leo Striker Thanks for that visual representation.

Im not the most aggressive PVPer but the chance to spam agenst mobs and TDM/GVG is always nice too. But i still dont have a time for how much shorter it is compared to the other branches cooldown, like I need numbers. Sorry for being this picky but Im very analytical and I wanted to compare variables before I decide.

So simply put, whas the cooldown of branch C and A. 3.2 secends? 3.5 secends? 6 secends?

18. koku_rou142

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kokurou
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    C is the same as lv 1-5. Cooldown doesnt change. The only one that changes cooldown is type A. Unless it says "longer cooldown", it wont change.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Lol I dont think understand what Im trying to ask. I am conparing those cooldown times to see if it is a huge difference or small difference.(You know that key tid bit of info that might be importent in deciding which of thr two is more fitting to a style of play that is mine.) If you dont know please dont say anything about it or refer me to someone who has one of those two branches currently.

If I do recall you was a rogue before wonderer so I would hope you remember the exact numbers. :p

20. koku_rou142

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kokurou
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Heh....yes i do. The cooldown of gear blade c is the exact same as it is from lv 1-5. Type A is, like i said, almost instant. Little less than a second. I csnt say numbers because i never really timed it. You have 2 options...spam gear blade, which is what i chose, good for pvp and pve, or have a wider range, which is better for pvp and pve. Its a small difference in cooldown, so really its up to preference. And yes i do know what im talking about, because i used type A, and my friend uses type C. Im always ahead with gear blade, overall i come up winning. So its up to you to decide. Numbers and getting super technical is just gonna delay you more and more.