1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Storm Raider FAQ

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by koku_rou142, Jul 19, 2014.

1. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Did i say alomst? My bad, I tend to string those two words together when I use the word required.

(offtopic) Im alright im feeling more upbeat as of late now ^.^

• Like Like x 1
  2. LChowH

LChowH New Member

Can I ask will Sr be your 1st class to change to? As rogue? And do you mind to tell by mastering I need to max all Sr skill is that true?

3. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Storm Raider should be your 1st Advance Class for Rogues as it has Gear Blade and Dagger Lance which makes Grinding and Farming easier and yes you need to Level up all Storm Raider's Skills to Lv10 to Master Storm Raider and take one of Storm Raider's Active Skill as Master Skill to take with you to other Advance Classes

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pinson

Pinson New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Pinson
    Level:
    Question : If a SR needs to upgrade all there skill to lvl 10 before being able to carry one of those Active skill to another class. Does that meen all Active skill most be to level 10, or ALL the skill (including the passive one)?

5. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    All SR skills including the passive need to be ranked to 10.

6. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I find it very useful when Grinding and Farming saves a lot of time and those Duplex, Crit, and Duplex's Crits are awesome to see pop up but then it sad to seem them disappear cause the mobs are dead.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    I wanna use dagger lance agenst those pesky targets that have no openings like a mage useing willow whisp (i think thats the name of it) or a AoE spamming warrior or wonderer.

8. nacron99

nacron99 New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    nacron
    Level:
    Guild:
    BlackFlag
    High dex plus gearblade=roulette wheel of death. I completely agree with high dex for SR. Dagger lance is a fast skill with multiple hits as well. Multiple hits means more duplex and crit chances. Also be prepared to spend a lot of so when using dagger lance since you can fire it off continuously. Its like my SR machine gun.

He's right about the sp usage for PvP you're not gonna run out of sp unless ur thinking you can kill a lot of other players without being killed. So far I've found when grinding floors with SR my sp runs out pretty quickly but pots are cheap and its just the cost of using advanced skills. Generally with my build I use two medium sp pots when farming with a party per run (before my bag fills). That's if I don't get crazy with the daggerlance. So im only spending 900 gp when farming let's say fl 9 where a bag fill gives me 17k or more.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
  9. kirikya

kirikya Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    KONDA
    Level:
    is it true that sr need int? if not, wut is stat build for lvl 50 sr?

10. Elucio

Elucio Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    Sr doesnt use int...

11. kirikya

kirikya Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    KONDA
    Level:
    which gear blade is better,expansion type or firepower type?

12. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Kinda vage question, cause we dont know what you vaule in skills. If your aim is above average or you are just doing pve, the attack power branch might be useful. If you wanna make sure your hits land often and take in more then one target per use of said skill, spread type is your man.

If you care for DPS then use cooldown.

13. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    there isn't a Better Branch cause it up to you Everyone has a Play Style as such what Branch Best for me might not be Best for you.

14. kirikya

kirikya Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    KONDA
    Level:
    i may go firepower but does spread type increase the number of hits?

15. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    The wider branch only makes your area of effect bigger, it doesn't add any extra hits.

16. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    lol nice @Innosan instead of saying Range you said Area Of Effect lol.

17. Kooari

Kooari Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Xorion
    Level:
    Guild:
    illusion
    Since this happens to be my favorite class, I feel the need to give my views on some of the "dos and do nots" I've read in other people's posts throughout this thread... and use -proper- understandable english grammar in the process. Let me start off by saying that the path that is best for YOU to take depends entirely on YOUR personal style of play. This is MY style.

1. STAT BUILD
    Contrary to popular belief, I chose a FULL STR rogue build to begin with as opposed to putting anything into DEX right off the bat. The effect of STR is a SURE thing whereas the effect of DEX is a dice roll. I see the effects of my STR with EVERY SINGLE BLOW, but with DEX, I'm not going to crit on every single blow so the effects are left up to chance.

2. Which Adv Class first?
    Everyone seems to agree that advancing to Storm Raider first is the way to go. I neither agree or disagree. As I said earlier, it's all based on your personal style of play. I will say that I advanced to Assassin first and never regretted it one bit. With me being a full STR build, the spammable (no cooldown) skill Twin Rumble is a beast! However, it is the only relevant skill Assassin has other than the passive that increases dmg when dual wielding daggers, and the hidden skill. In my case, it was the only skill needed (hot d*mmit I can spam it! Lol).

3. SKILL BRANCHES
    The trend I've noticed with most skills in regards to their branches is that there's usually an SP saver type, a power enhance type, and a cooldown reduce type. I shoot for power enhance every time. Save on SP? That's what SP pots are for. Reduce cooldown? By what? 1sec?!... I can wait... If the cooldown reduction shaved off more time, I would put up an argument for it but.... it doesn't.

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. matt_ag

matt_ag New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    matt_ag
    Level:
    reply me ASAP please ko.. im now sr, gear blade type A,cooldown for how many sec?

19. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    From what I remember from kokurou (when I had those days where we would argue about rouge stuff) he went with type A for shorter cooldown on gear blade. And I lowered the cooldown by around 2 if I remember. Which is kinda useless since I never spam gear blade (cause of my play style is "quick defensive style") so I went with wider range/aoe so I can just use gear blade on the side of enemy instead of heading straight for a head on collision.

20. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    ah.............He Kinda Gone.