1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Storm Raider FAQ

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by koku_rou142, Jul 19, 2014.

1. koku_rou142

koku_rou142 Active Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kokurou
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Q1. What kind of equipment should I use?
    A. You SHOULD, unless you're going with the dagger/sword combo, use dual daggers.

As for armor, it is my preference and my recommendation to use MDEF or Balance armor, for the SP because as you increase your active skills, they'll take up more and more SP.

Q2. What Branch should I choose?
    A. For Gear Blade, you can go with either Wider Range, or Continuous Use. Before recreation, I went with continuous, for PvP purposes mostly.

Bull trap, again before recreation, I used the Longer Lasting branch, 45 seconds of poison. Wrecks gladiators fairly quickly if you can keep it applied steadily. And if the other guy isn't using potions.

Dagger Lance, I would definitely go with the Distance branch. Great for PvE, great for PvP, perfect for TB and boss fighting.

Q3. Should I use elements for my equipment?
    A. Um......if you're just starting as a Storm Raider at 50, I would just wait til 70-90 to place elements on your equipment. Unless you have a rift stone for like 70+ armors, then be my guest.

Q4. What should my stats be for this class?
    A. Storm Raider, high DEX is very beneficial. Before recreation, I had 55 DEX and my CRIT on monsters and bosses was crazy.

1, Gear Blade, duplex is INSANE, the number of hits will be ridiculously high.
    2, Bull Trap, your CRIT rate will be so often. At least 7/10 times will be a CRIT hit.
    3, Dagger Lance, with high DEX, duplex & crit will be really good for both PvE and PvP.

Q5. How effective is the Passive skill?
    A. I've noticed, again before recreation, Duplex, DEX and SR Passive at 8, one hit turned into 2-3. So, after the first 3-4 increases you really won't notice it.

Q6. After I master SR, which skill should I carry over?
    A. This depends on the next class. Debuster and Assassin it's recommended to carry over Gear Blade. If Shinobi, not sure if I'm correct? But this is just my preference. I would carry over Bull Trap, since from what I've seen, Shinobi skills are placement/AoE attacks.

Q7. I'll leave this open for anything I haven't answered yet. So feel free to ask. Keep in mind this is only for Storm Raider. I will NOT answer questions for Debuster, Assassin, or Shinobi (because I have no experience against or with Shinobi)

• Like Like x 4
  2. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Why dual daggers?
    Dual costs twice as much as single dag but damage is still the same.

3. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Btw, for doing faq's avoid posting what you recommend. Post what they need to do according to what majority say.
    Or just post both (your recommendation + what majority of end players say) so they'll have an option.
    If not, you can rename the title as
    "Kokurou's Rogue FAQs" :)

Sorry ko, i just wanna help to make things clearer :D

4. koku_rou142

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kokurou
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Because melee attacks are faster using dual dag instead of single, for PvE

5. koku_rou142

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kokurou
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I would if end players would reply to me lol. I mean my preference usually is what majority of players use anyway. And when i say recommend, usually done through trial and error, or because a high lv player in game told me what to use.

6. Strife

Strife Drop a Hi if you meet me

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Strife
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    What i write is based on my experience, i just wanna share this, ppl who read this may take it or not, in the end all you do in game is your own choice :)
    these all is based on my choice in the past and the reasoning.
    when I was strom raider i never use dagger. I use 1h sword and shield.

First: why sword? easy, atk is higher, good for pve. for pvp? I dont need ranged skill like dagger lance so i dont need dagger, when i was SR i find bulltrap and gearblade + ro skill is good enough for pvp.

Second: why shield? when i was SR i use shield cause its help much for def tho your atk gonna be a bit weaker. but a note from me: Dont wear shield unless the shield is 5* cause its not worth it to lost bit of your atk just for little def points. back there when i still dont hve shield i left myself with only 1h sword.

um i guess dagger on right and sword on left also not a bad idea if you really need that dagger lance and needle blow (if you hve mastered DB before)
    BUT, i never hve thought about using dual dagger when i was SR, cause i see no benefits, maybe normal atk is faster but i never notice if it make any diff in speed when using skill (CMIIW). When i grind and pvp i alwast use skill and never hit with normal atk, so if the atk is only faster for normal hit then i dont see this as benefit.
    I started using dual dagger when i change my class to assassin.

For armor: I always use DEF armor , not balanced nor mdef armor. why? simple, i need def armor to protect me on pvp, and most of class in avabel is STR based. but choice of what armor you gonna use is depends on you. On GVG and tower usually lots of mage casting their spell, so Mdef also important. in the end its about choice, but since i spend more time on PVP and i fight class with str based so i use Def armor. Mdef or balanced armor for sp? if this is the reason i prefer to spend more SP pots for this.
    Hope what i share can help ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    The armor part which u prefer balanced or mdef type is not what MOST end players do.

Sp is not a problem on end game since most of us have around 900-1k sp now.

SP regen is based on our max sp so using up all our SP takes some time.

Most end game players (with decent gears) tend to stay on pvp/gvg or farm on 18f which def is more needed than mdef.

Plus the stats type.
    Dex is not recommended.
    Str/int + vit is always the safest path.
    But ofc if they want to try things out, tell them to go for dex. If you state from the start that they should go high dex and they didnt get what they want, they might blame the forum for giving false info.

We should go give them safe options so if they choose a wrong path, it wont be the forum's fault for giving false advises.

What we did is just give them options to choose from.

8. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    about Dual Daggers being None Beneficial compare to Single Daggers is not true Dual Daggers Do More Dmg than Single Dagger but it won't show on Status it only shows up on Dmg doing Dual Daggers even if not Assassin does Benefit Rogues as we Do Better Damage than Single Dagger I remember that the Difference in Damage was at Least 5pts or more, I found this out while I was Testing about Dark Damage vs Light Damage. Also about SP it not just Based on Max SP it Based on MEN and the Armors you are Wearing. Also giving them False Information? Everyone here gave People Info they have Obtain from Testing it this is our Results from Trials and Errors that not giving False Information Having High Dex Does Benefit Storm Raiders have 3-4 Hits Skills and Bulltrap does Crit A lot 7/10, as For Gear Blade it Duplex the Same or More as Rumble Vain.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    5pts on dmg is not worth of spending twice the price of ur weapon.

More men = more sp
    Better armors = more sp
    More sp = higher sp regen
    Got it??

For dex, it all depends on chance, if some ppl are so unlucky theyll find dex as crappy, so you shud atleast give them 2 options; the safe path(str/int), and the dex u love the most. Are we clear?

And btw wolf, u dont understand what im trying to say so better dont confuse us more with your paragraphs. Im concerned on how well can ppl find the forum informative.

10. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    oh but I do either Full Str or Int, Str/Dex or Int/Dex, Str/Vit, Int/Vit, Str/Vit/Dex, Int/Vit/Dex, also depending on Classes I put Men in and I also Suggest to use a Armor Type to substitute for Which Stat they Didn't do Def Armor for VIT, Mdef Armor for MEN, Balance Armor is replacing VIT and MEN also if someone don't understand you explain it to them. and Dex is indeed Based on Chance not like the other Stats those are More Forward than Dex but also I like Dex cause it more Complicated and Much Harder to understand it Str, Int, Vit, Men can be Figure out easily compare to Dex most don't do Dex so it the Only Stat not Discuss as Much as the Other Stats to make this Forum Informative like you want it to be everything needs to be Explain about nothing should be Left out should be Detail as Much as Possible.
    EDIT: Dual Dagger does 20pts more Damage than Single Dagger does. for Example on Floor 17 on Puka cause they have no Element on them Highest Dmg Single Dagger can do is 425 Damage, With Dual Daggers it was 445 Damage.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  11. koku_rou142

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kokurou
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Well the armor part is more for like...50-65 lv players because sp usage is insane for those levels unless you have 4+* armor.

12. koku_rou142

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kokurou
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Dex is mostly there for gear blade since itll hit multiple times anyway, and like i said earlier for crits on bull trap. Which you, and others have experienced

• Like Like x 1
  13. mhaizheek

mhaizheek Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Zheek
    Level:
    Guild:
    AbyssmalPH
    sir? why should i go int if my skills are based on my str? i have read some thread from this forum that only shinobi class's skills (some of them if im not mistaken) are based on int.. im a lvl 63 SR now wit str and less dex build. is it necessary to put int for my sr now? will it help my char to increase the dmg of any of my SR skills?

14. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I was talking about Builds I suggest to other People that was Choosing Classes and no it won't that post was a Talkng about Builds for what Classes People Took when they Ask for Suggestions.

15. mhaizheek

mhaizheek Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Zheek
    Level:
    Guild:
    AbyssmalPH
    im using mor mdef armors now , why? cause i realized that wit a rouge (whatever adv class) its pretty hard to for enemy(pvp/pve ) to hit us unless they are using a very wide range aoe skill. i might say that its all about timing on how u are going to launch ur skill or just wait for counter attack posibilities. anyway it really takes time to do NINJA MOVES. just sharing my perceptions.

16. mhaizheek

mhaizheek Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Zheek
    Level:
    Guild:
    AbyssmalPH
    oh i see! so i was just confused on what i have read from before, i was just gathering info and comparing any suggestion/comments or what so ever and end up wit a conclusion. anyway thanks sir.

17. koku_rou142

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kokurou
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Probably but melee hits in PvE are in fact faster. And it is more beneficial than going dual, because you can use a shield.

18. yhel0904

yhel0904 Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    illuxed
    Level:
    LOL..how can i understand your..forum.there is always ..confusing me..with your oppinion....im reading this to be ready for my rogue ..but to be inform is not..im being confuse.lol.

19. yhel0904

yhel0904 Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    illuxed
    Level:
    i wish i can understand what is the best build..for that storm raider because i like it...i wish i could be a good SR user...can you help me guys .?:D

20. yhel0904

yhel0904 Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    illuxed
    Level:
    im planning for SR..what should i put..in my stats..? STR to DEX or STR to INT ..?? plss..i want to be informed ..so that my build is ok when i have the advance class..