1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Spiker(Sk)

Discussion in 'Wonderer' started by Cant Think Of One, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Domocubed

Domocubed Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Domo
    Level:
    What exactly does a skill boost do? Does branch C change power, range or cooldown? And thx for the info

2. WHITE94

WHITE94 Active Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kogaan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Unique
    as far as i am informed skill boost only increases it's damage

3. Domocubed

Domocubed Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Domo
    Level:
    By like how much? Any numbers? Or just a little? Is branch C worth getting or else I'm going B

4. WHITE94

WHITE94 Active Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kogaan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Unique
    skill boost increases dmg (dont know by how much)
    branch C increases duration of skill boost (doubles its duration)

go B i suggest, you probably never boost skills anyway in general

5. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Note that Skill Boost isn't a permanent increase/boost.
    the reason why almost no one uses Skill Boost; Beside that it also uses quite some Jexp which discourage using it even more.
    Think the only time it would be used would be in the Advent Dungeons.

6. Domocubed

Domocubed Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Domo
    Level:
    Okay thx a lot

7. Larcel

Larcel New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Serek
    Level:
    Guild:
    WinterMoon
    So far I have seriously enjoyed Spiker, Flowing Lance has caught plenty of enemys in Gdms and FFAs, and with the crit passive doing floor solo has been no issue. My build is planned to be 95+5 Str 35+5 Dex 25+5 Men and rest is tbd. As of now, the dex is done and I have seriously noticed a huge increase in crits (Thank you Passive) After mastering Sk, I might go Battle Dancer or Bard, so if anyone has suggestions to whats next, i'd gladly accept them xD

8. Abomination

Abomination New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Sparda,
    Level:
    Guild:
    RavenThorn
    I'd suggest Bard first, Therapy Melody helps a lot with survivability.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ragnell

Ragnell New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Ragnell
    Is that 20 in vit, dex, men including the 5 base? So 15 points to each and rest in str? Im a lvl 44 wanderer atm and its my highest lvl char yet... Nooby, I know. Did you take the heal skill from bard as master skill? Is that men decent enough for the skill? I want to main spiker endgame but will go bard first to get the heal skill. I have so many questions D: Your stat distribution seems very balanced, I'd like to go down this route. At what level did you have these stats?

Thanks for any help :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    That was my previous wanderer but I believe I was around the low 60's at that time or high 50's idr. to answer the stat question it is including the 5 base so 15 points to those stats. As for therapy melody, I didn't have the bard released then but w/ my current one I mastered bard first. But 20 men isn't good for bard skills going by what I have now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Ragnell

Ragnell New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Ragnell
    Hmm would 30-35 men be a safer bet or still too low? How much is the safe zone for melody to heal decently enough? I know people are hesitant to disclose their stats but I reallyyy don't wanna screw this up lol.

12. SILVERMOON

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    No problem I know what you mean. Im on atleast my 8th creator perfecting my stats for my style. Im using men 30 base +5 ring +5 guild stats as a spiker, its comfortable to me. I just don't want to be too close to a horde of mobs mid heal though LoL. I believe I healed around 250-500 per tick as a bard if I remember correctly. But I personally took passion notes for its crit buff to further compliment the spiker passive skill.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Ragnell

Ragnell New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Ragnell
    Ah ok interesting. Makes sense lol spiker is crit-heavy from what I gather. So dex is important too, but what about vit? Worth investing points into it or is it better supplemented with gear? I feel spreading the stats too much would make the damage suffer. But I'm a scrub so idrk lol, maybe str doesn't need to be too high? Thank you for the info haha it's a tremendous help.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. SILVERMOON

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    There is always a trade off in RPGs for balancing purpose, atleast the ones I've played. You could add vit for survivability but you would lose out on more atk power whether it be through str or men. If you use gear to supplement survivability you may be able to compensate for the lack of vit. Regarding your question about men 35 base would be ok imo. I was lvl56 when I mastered bard and had around that with passives and rings and I was satisfied with it for my lvl. I can take therapy melody as master and see how it does on spiker with my current men stat and get back to you with the results

Edit: I apologize for rant caffeine and lack of sleep don't mix for me lol
    Edit 2: I tested the therapy melody w/ my lvl60 spiker i have 28+11 men I healed 150-350 I think its decent since I have around 3500hp average and there are several heal ticks so I can get back 1/4 my max hp

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Ragnell

Ragnell New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Ragnell
    Ok so if forsaking men and TM altogether, how much dex would be comfortable for Spiker crits since it is buffed by the passive and Passion Notes? Like how much do the passive and PN contribute to dex specifically 10 dex each or something? Idk... And if 35 men or so suffices for maxing bard then would a 35 men, 25 dex and rest in str be good for maxing it and moving onward to BD and Spiker? Passion Notes is affected by men still, no? Or is it less affected by it than by str, if at all? If men has absolutely no effect on PN then I ought as well go str/dex. Need to know because restat scrolls aren't exactly easy to come by lol, and I'm level 50 now. I'm willing to delete my char and restart but man doing that suuuuucks big time. I want to be sure because I'm a hair away from unlocking my first adv class and I'd rather save the crystals if I end up having to restart. Dx

16. SILVERMOON

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    Going by my experience w/ my previous Spiker. I had around 25 dex, used 2-H spear 4* w/ elements for respective floors and I triggered crits at a decent pace. So it is possible to go straight up Spiker w/ that amount of dex. But unfortunately I can't really answer your bard skill question since I mastered bard fairly early before getting a full grasp of the skills. Someone else w/ more experience would have to answer them sorry I can't answer them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Ragnell

Ragnell New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Ragnell
    Haha it's ok. I am grateful for any and all information, and you've been absurdly helpful so thank you for even taking the time to reply, Silvermoon :) It is always appreciated!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Ragnell

Ragnell New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Ragnell
    Curious, as I can't seem to find specific numbers, but how much does the spiker passive contribute to overall crits exactly?

19. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Every player is clueless about what the normal fourmal for crit is. No way anyone would know exact numbers for a skill when we struggle to find it from a single stat.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ragnell

Ragnell New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Ragnell
    Oh alright, dang lol