1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

sparing tips for magician

Discussion in 'Magician' started by Star, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    Hello I need some tips on sparing as a magic class player
    Specifics for:
    Base magician class
    Dark Pain
    How to fight snipers and really fast people :(

2. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Magician is a wonderfull class but its hard at first because a lot of theyre skills have slow casting. On PvP you want for basoc magician to use the fast skills.

Wind dagger, fire bullet, rock smash, the ice one and the lightning one for the AoEs te fire lightning and fire ones, use them like this.

The water AoE is for when a melee player is coming for you u have to calculate to make damage this apply too for the lightning skill but with the lightning skill use it like a shield and attack with the Fast skills. The fire skill is for attack from far away but you have to calculate too.

For rangers use your Fast skills i recomend to put the Fast branch on wind dagger and rock smash and also with the lightning skill for when ur close to the ranger. Use fire bullet the ice one when ur far away of the ranger.

I didnt use dark pain still so i cantón help with that one yet :(

Pd: as a magician try to not chase. Ur not a warrior Or rogue

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    I never use wind dagger or rock throw but I do use all others
    Dark pain skills are strong but slow and very easy to see

So? I no chase then I? Just stand defense?
    What about stat focus?
    I int and dex

4. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:

Wind dagger and rock smash are great for PvP even with high lvl magicians. If you gonna use all magician skills try yo use the long range wind dagger and Fast rock smash. Chase when necesary but dont rush to attack as i said your not warrior we have low hp as magicians.

Dark pain skills are not heavy hitters its more suit to debuff but with short cast time branch it gonna be Fast enough to hit. Your enemies.

The Focus skill speed up your cooldowns u ways need to have it on before start a del and alway use it when the buff ends.

Dont stand lol but evade and when you see a chance to attack rush when they have an open spot to inflict damage.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  5. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    Lol I so weak still
    I did two tdm but won but got 0% credit because I miss allot
    I feel like this when I attack with my spell's
    images (5).jpg
    and this
    images (6).jpg
    And when I lose after all that this
    images (4).jpg

6. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Just práctice your aim use free camera in the options because its better for PvP dont use assist.

Yoy will do it better wcentually i was horrible at PvP xd but little by little i improved :3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Root Toor

Root Toor Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    k81689
    Level:
    Above suggestions only work on mid-close range rangers. They want to get to you to use mid/close range skills.
    Being a range ranger, I fear crowded places the most. I back roll/shift 5/7 o'clock all the time. Am so focus in solo boss/moster fights and forget to read mini map all the time.
    The monment I see the boss preparing to cast, I roll/shift 5/7 o'clock. If I am block, I got hit by super laser or vertical slicing arc laser.
    Ranger's hp/vit is in the middle and is better than Magician which means magician has absolute no advantage against range ranger.
    Unless you have a magic spell to boost your speed of running/shifting/rolling and casting time, how to do you hit a fast moving range target who can hit you?
    This was why I ditched Magician and move on. It is very good in support and crowd control.
    OR ask couple friends standing there still to block range ranger's rolls/shift. Is there a rule against non fighting sightseers?

8. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    Ranger weakness
    Tdm
    And making them use there strong attack then blast with fire balls
    I beat many rangers latly

9. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    I know and seen a fair share of mages that would prove that false. Id suggest pvping a while before trying to incorporate pve tactics as advice for others.

@Star as to your question, @dgo1987 pretty much explained it. In 1v1 settings quicker or instantaneous casting skills are what you need to keep your self more mobile as well as less likely to be hit (provided you know the ques for skill actviation from other class) with rolling. Stray from using long cast time skills unless you know you can spare it or have set up the target in a place you want to unleash that skill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Henriiquew

Henriiquew New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    •Saint•
    Level:
    Guild:
    DARKsoulBR
    Another good suggestion is for you to get the class Elementalist because one of the skills allows you to cast two (or even 4) orbs that fly around you, and it does heavy damage when it hits your enemy (A friend of mine hit me 3k), this skill will keep most warriors, rogues, wanderers and creators away from you so you'll have time and space to cast your spells :)

Happy Trails!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    Wow I need that skill
    FYI:
    love you signature @Henriiquew

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Henriiquew

Henriiquew New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    •Saint•
    Level:
    Guild:
    DARKsoulBR
    Oh, thank you! °(^-^)°

13. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    The skill's name is willow whisp, high AR becuase it is a single hit skill. It proy does 3k to you because you have poor mdef. Most willow does get past 1k damage on my lv 30. Willow reguardless of the many counters agenst the skill is a nice definsive spell if you pvped someone who favors close range.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Willow cycle is the best skill vs snipers and most rangers even vs healer monks.

Its a defensiva skill vs melee and an ofensive skill vs range enemies.

The ofensive way is cast 1, 2 Or 3 willows and dash to the enemies and you gonna do really good damage.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    I would have agreed fully if you didnt say best xD

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Lol i forgot you hate the "B" word lol

Edit: "Willow cycle is one of the most useful skills vs snipers and most rangers, even vs healer monks." ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Root Toor

Root Toor Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    k81689
    Level:
    The reason I mentioned "super laser or vertical slicing arc laser", because they are range-less. This means a range ranger is in disadvantage against these monsters.
    When engineers/scientists fight wars, they love numbers. They want to know the odds against each others.
    This was also why I mentioned "crowd control", unfortunately unlike other games, Avabel does not do crowd.
    It also bad to do crowd intentionally in Avabel which means you have to fight crowd which costs lots of hp/sp/time/space.
    So, it all comes down to resource/time/space mangement.
    In other team base games, they always protect mages/healers(in the far back) with tanks/warriors...
    Hope this help.

18. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    This thread is about pvp, not pve.

Crowd control is genrualy aoe of some type. This includes buffs (which genrualy the only aoe buffs come from aco). This game is almost all aoe of some type. By rpg definition aoe is area of effect. This implys it affects more then one target withen a given area. Those multi mob/player hitting skills reguardless of size is considered aoe. 80 of the skills in this game affect more then one target at a given moment provided they are withen the hitbox.

As to pve-ing with more ease, we got a thread on that. I think the user @Naos posted it as both sarcasim and to bluntly tell new players this is how you pve.

Now again, this thread is for mage pvp. Keep it as such.

19. Root Toor

Root Toor Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    k81689
    Level:
    If I play a magician and can pick a PVP arena, I would pick f8 slope frozen glacier. They will know what is a advantage and a disadvantage. Hint, Avabel has no y-axis aim. "rangeless" should be x-axis-less&y-axis-less.

20. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    HP is a problem
    Should I try vit?