1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Sniper Vs. Gunslinger

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Jonathan Siebert, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Jonathan Siebert

Jonathan Siebert New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    TacoC
    Level:
    I was curious how Sniper stacks up to Gunslinger... Does anyone have any experience at both and could maybe tell me some pros or cons? Like is either better at PVP or PVE? and by how much are they better? At the moment I am a bow user but when I turn 50(im 45) I may try 2 handed guns.

How big is the difference in range? Which one hits harder?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Sniper is better. Go for it.
    GS is for cool people :D

3. Jonathan Siebert

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    TacoC
    Level:
    So overall in both PVP and PVE?

4. hectic1

hectic1 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    trixks
    Level:
    btw for sniper is spike shot C or B better ? im keeping it at 5 till i find out, it would be nice if they actually added better tooltips, instead of making it a surprise and then :D to our surprise have that branch bugged with no benefit on some skills, if both of those branches disappoint i'd just chose A :D

anyway yah sniper should be better at both pvp and pve, gs would scale well i'd imagine at endgame

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Jonathan Siebert

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    TacoC
    Level:
    i wish you could use 1 hand guns with sniper skills... is spike shot bow only? maybe master sniper and go gunslinger?

6. hectic1

hectic1 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    trixks
    Level:
    its bow only

7. Mocca

Mocca new line ID: moccafrap

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Mocca
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Hm, I do pretty well against sn at my lvl..but idk. Still practicing Lol. Most of the branch I chose were shorter cd xD

8. Jonathan Siebert

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    TacoC
    Level:
    Well I guess I'm mostly interested in PvP. Do you think a good GS could outmatch a good Sn?

9. Mocca

Mocca new line ID: moccafrap

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Mocca
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Hm..probably. Its skills (other dude chose diff skill branch maybe) n how fast the enemy is. Other guy might have "btr" equips or something too. Lots of Things to consider..just keep testing it out study enemy moves xD I ain't a pro, but I look at what skills they use n hw I can fight bck :p u win some, u lose some ┐(´д`)┌

• Like Like x 1
  10. 87fresh

87fresh New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    87fresh
    Level:
    Bow users have it A LOT easier in pve, but as far as pvp I think it depends on the users skills.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Gunslinger is the most difficult to use in PvP among physical dmg class. Lets say
    :) = you character
    ■ = covered area of attack
    ‚ñ° = unaffected area

Warriors and other melee can just charge into their opponent and attack.
    :)■■■□□□□□□□ <- shows a melee class can do damage in front of him up to few blocks away.

Snipers:
    ;)■■■■■■■■■■
    They have narrow aoe but monstrous range. Their range makes up for their fragile built. U just need to stay away from melee enemies then shoot them on the head. Pretty basic.

While Gunslingers:
    :mad:□□■■■□□□□□
    We have a complicated area of attack. Get near too much and you wont hit your target and get killed by melees. Be scardy cat and get too much distance will also cause you too miss. Laggy connection affects GS the most. Mages are not included since they pwn hard in GvG.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jonathan Siebert

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    TacoC
    Level:
    I think I've decided to level my creator for PVP and use my ranger(as a sniper in a couple of levels) to farm him some gear and gold.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Camile

Camile New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Camile
    3 Ranger skills : Blow chain , fall brust , combo blow will help when Get near too much . Once Gs focus on target (ect mage, sniper) no one can escape!
    So lets say it again
    ;) ■■■■■□□□□□

14. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    ^
    Easier said than done.
    Dont ever use combo blow and blow chain on pvp. You need a point-blank range for that to get the best result and takes too long to do next skill. Will do against Acolytes but other classes will murk you before you knew it. Its better to roll away then multi-shot if they got to close. Just a friendly suggestion :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    @Eds read posts here

16. farrel

farrel New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Edentia
    Level:
    SN lacks in close range, while gs is more flexibel, can do dmg from afar or close, i chose gs for this, i do well in pvp CMIIW

17. STyrael

STyrael Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    STyrael
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lost Moon
    Late adding my opinion to the these, but I much prefer Gun Slinger. A ranger used to view can't go into the GS class expecting their same tactics or style of play to be effective and they will walk off disliking it.

Gun Slingers are masters at evading attacks at close range (and I strongly suggest not using assist and using type 2 on camera control) and throwing out combos that devastate anything in their path.

One of GS's most underrated skills is Blaster and it's exploding charge can deal huge damage and also act like a chain to enemies nearby. At skill level 7, I can have it dealing (if aiming at a single monster just for DMG count) 650dmg then 800dmg on the explosion (which affects all nearby enemies as well). Now this isn't fantastic, but a good GS will have more dex than a Sniper does.

This means Blaster (for me at least) critical once every two or three tries and when it does, it totals 2500+ in damage on a single target and then 1500+ to anything nearby. This has been a great finisher. Drawback is slow casting time so as with all the other GS and gun skills, you must keep evading while throwing combos out and if mastered you will be dealing more damage over second then your average snioer (or many other classes) because if the fast AoE damage you can inflict.

But it is a tricky class to actually master to full potential, but is a very fun one to play when you do. I love running into mobs and destroying them with reflex, multishot then a fall burst before a mage has time to finish casting and hit their targets.

Note: Your results may vary though. The class requires a lot of focus and lots of moving the camera around and precise targeting while using free camera.

Snipers are awesome for the role the play and very powerful, but I just get too bored I guess.

18. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    I love blaster's animation :D
    Anyway, blaster is good on pve but never on pvp.
    Its not "skills can become better on pvp, its just how will you use it"
    They cast slow, you'll get hit 5x before you can fire that large shell and worst is if it doesnt hit.

Tho its good if used on gvg. Fire it on bunch of melee dudes then they will go BAAAM! That hurts!

• Like Like x 1
  19. AkURz

AkURz New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    AkURz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fate shift
    I seen a guy using a shield and a hangun together, is it good as duel hand guns? And i also wanted to kno if rifles are good? I hardly see people using them and im a gun slinger too :) its super fun haha i got tire of using bows because all u do is stay in one spot and shoot :/

20. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    http://avabelforums.com/threads/best-gs-equip-combo.1719/

• Agree Agree x 1