1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

SN, TG, GS skill branches + FAQ's

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by marcocococo, Feb 20, 2014.

1. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Yea you read it right, here are Ranger's Advanced class' skills with their branches. :)
    Also, feel free to discuss anything related to Rangers here :)

SNIPER
    -as the class name implies, theyre focused on killing enemies from afar, dealing massive damage per hit (possibly the best single target damager). You need to be accurate at attacking with this class since they lack AOE skills.
    • Sniper Eye:
    Passive Skill, Level 10 gives +4 STR, +3 DEX, +3 MEN. Nothing exciting, but the stat boosts are welcome.

• Spike Shot. SP:11
    >This skill fires blue arrows instead of the regular orange ones. It can be used 3 times in quick succession, first press fires 2 arrows, second press releases 3 arrows, and the third press releases 1 extra powerful arrow that causes the character to stagger backward. This can be a normal attack replacement for Bow Users. Great both PvP and PvE.

• Type A. SP:11 ~ Stable type with stable damage and short rigor. (Best type for pvp, has the shortest rigor)
    • Type B. SP:14 ~ Fire Power with improved power by consuming more SP. (If you're focused on farming, get this branch)
    • Type C. SP:14 ~ Auto fire type with faster fire speed by consuming more SP.

• Mirror Pierce, SP:22
    >This skill makes the Ranger do a firing animation, but 3 arrows forming a "W" will appear as if a mirror image 6 feet in front of him shot them back. The animation is quick, and the projectiles even faster, so it's a good skill to cast in PvP. It's fairly useless in PvE because the damage is equal to one arrow from Spike Shot, but the SP cost is too big. This is also the Sniper's only MATK based skill.

• Type A. SP:19 ~ Saver type with less consumed SP by holding power.
    • Type B. SP:22 ~ Concentration type with higher power but with increased cool time.
    • Type C. SP:22 ~ Balance type with stable damage and short rigor. (Shortest rigor makes it easier to dodge on pvp aftr using it, pick this for pvp purposes)

• Shooting Star, SP:24
    >The ranger does a backflip and shoots an arrow diagonally at the spot where he kicked. Visually impressive, but the damage is average. Great for PvP against classes that get too close, bad in PvE as most Snipers stay away from mobs anyway, and Spike Shot is a better use for SP. This is the only attack that gun users can use from the Sniper skills.

• Type A. SP:23 ~ Balance type enhanced with improved stability.
    • Type B. SP:24 ~ Irregular type that release arrows when firing with a time lag.
    • Type C. SP:24 ~ Type that increases the arrows when firing and widens the range. Slight longer rigor. (More chances to hit but u are also more likely to receive hits)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TRAP GUNNER
    -lacks offensive type skills since they are made mainly for support. Can disable/damage enemies with traps and do minor healings for injured allies.
    • Balista. SP:22
    >A shot that works similar to blow chain but release one spear type ammo instead of 3 large exploding shells. Also knockbacks the enemy. Good for pushing the enemy on a trap behind. Can be used with a gun or bow.

• Type A. SP:20 ~saver type. Less SP.
    • Type B. SP:22 ~combo type. Stop holding after start and faster start of the next skill. (Shortest rigor, for pvp purposes)
    • Type C. SP:22 ~can be charged for more power

• Medical Box. SP:24
    >Places a healing orb on the ground for some time that heals a little amount of hp of any allie who walks through it. Will disappear afterwards. Spam this box on the field so allies can just walk through them and receive a "first aid".

• Type A. SP:24 ~adjusted cool time.
    • Type B. SP:24 ~longer time set.
    • Type C. SP:24 ~larger recovery amount.

• Wide Flowers. Sp:25
    >Sets a flower like trap on the ground that will damage nearby enemies. Has chance to put enemies to sleep, making them very vulnerable to you and your allies' attacks. Best used on a stunned opponent, let him/her sleep forever lol. This skill is very good on team plays.

• Type A. SP:25 ~adjusted cool time.
    • Type B. SP:25 ~extended time set.
    • Type C. SP:25 ~affects multiple enemies. Kept during time set. (Best branch for gvg/tower)

Hidden skill
    PicsArt_1400334861633.jpg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GUNSLINGER
    -prefers short to mid distance fights. They deal lower damage than Snipers but they can hit multiple targets at once with plenty if AOE skills which Snipers lack.

Blaster
    >Fires a large shell that will explode once it hits the target. Damages the enemy twice. First hit is single damage, but the explosion is aoe. Deals decent damage but makes you vulnerable for a short period since it does an animation of reloading a large shell into your gun before firing it. The only GS skills that can be used with a bow. Also take note that the explosion is Fire elemental.

• Type A. ~firepower type with improved explosion power by targeting the distance into mid distance.
    • Type B. ~spread type with wider explosion range but with more explosions.
    • Type C. ~far distance type with more distance adjusting the bullet.

• Assault Barrage
    >A plunge and faster version of Multishot but only does 3 stronger hits. Be careful when using this one since it shortens your distance from your enemy.

• Type A. ~Combo type adjusted to be used with continuous usage.
    • Type B. ~Fire power type with improved power.
    • Type C. SP:17 ~Balance type with a more stable performance by consuming less.

• Reflex
    >Fires some reflecting bullets on an enclosed area. Enemies inside the area will receive damage overtime(up to 5 hits). Total damage is almost equal to multishot or barrage's total damage.

• Type A. SP: 23 ~Adjusted type that can be used for long battles by holding consumed SP.
    • Type B. SP:27 ~Type meant for continuous usage by shortening cool down.
    • Type C. SP:27 ~Endure type adjusting the placing time to be longer.
    ~pm me if you want some info on how to build a decent gunslinger on pvp (skill wise). This will be a bit complicated since you'll be using different skill sets depending on what's your opponent's class. You can beat ppl with better gears using these skill sets.

Credits
    -@Grawrz for Trap Gunner's Blast Trigger and Sniper skill branches, SP usage and neat skill description
    -@niteshade999 for Gunslinger skill branches.

Advance classes FAQ (to be updated)
    Q: Will my jxp be reset after advancing my class?
    A: No. You'll have a separate jxp for advance classes. Your jxp from ranger will remain there, same for your skills.

Q: What advance class should i choose?
    A: Sniper if you want some range, Gunslinger if you want to fight head on with short ranged skills. Gambit is kinda hard to use so i dont recommend it as main class. Trap gunner is mainly for support.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 5
  2. Grawrz

Grawrz Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOLARS Inc
    Thanks for summarizing the descriptions! Although the real problem is that those descriptions are really vague o_O

Do you know what those mean specifically? For example, what does "stable type" and "balance type" mean?

3. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    They're pretty much the same.

Stable means it works fine wthout sacrificing anything such as more sp usage, longer rigor, less damage etc.

So far, i still havent seen any skill with both stable and balance type on its branches.

You're free to share your experience with the types anyway.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Grawrz

Grawrz Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOLARS Inc
    I would if I could, unfortunately, I just went with what looks more useful. Let's just talk about what we can, maybe someone will come along with more info :)

Spike Shot A's "short rigor" seems a bit weird for me because it already has no cooldown. Or does rigor mean after-cast delay on the third shot? If it is, it would be even less useful *to me* because I already avoid using the third shot. The only advantage I see this has, is it has lower SP cost. I chug down a lot of SP pots when I play my Sniper. >_<

So far the power type (type B ) has been serving me well during Guerilla Quests. I've got it maxed, and with a lvl60 3* fire bow, I do around 780-830 damage to the Treant boss in the sharp dungeon. I don't regret my decision :)

Has anyone tried Type C so we can find out exactly what it means? I'm not sure if it means faster firing animation, or if it means faster moving arrows. I can see it having more use in PvP if it offers a significant boost in either of the two things I listed.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Camile

Camile New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Camile
    Choose type C Spike shot and soon after that you realize that you wanna reset skill :))

6. Grawrz

Grawrz Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOLARS Inc
    Why? What's with Spike Shot C?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    @Grawrz

Rigor is the rest time or the delay before or after casting thr skill.

Long rigor means you're gonna have some delay before you can dodge/roll or use another skill.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Eds

Eds New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Hello to you all... I'm new here.. I observed that using bow make my attack faster (high DPS),, but using guns make me hit more (fast kill)... I like killing monster fast.. I just want your opinion if my observation is right.. And what adv class I will take for the gun user? Tnx in advance.. Btw.. I'm lvl 30 now,, I like to clarify all before I persue my lvl,, so I can still reset skill before I go.. :) Sorry for being a new gamer here.. Another question if you may.. Bow or two hand gun? Which is one is fast kill? Tnx again!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  9. Grawrz

Grawrz Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOLARS Inc
    They balance out in the end, because once you get to higher Floors, you'll rarely use the normal attack anymore. It will come down to which skills you are more comfortable with. Bows have longer range, while guns have a wider AoE but much shorter range. So base your decision on that. :)

For reference, I started the same you did, liking dual guns, but I started using bow skills more so I switched.

10. Camile

Camile New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Camile
    @Eds Use Bow to stay alive, gain exp faster and save hp potions . Gun hard to play, require more skill and different way to build point & item only for veteran

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Eds

Eds New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Ok,, tnx a lot... :) btw.. Can you link me on other threads that discuss Gs and Sn? Tnx..

12. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Gunners kill fast? Hmm. I doubt, its like the other way around.

Snipers kill fast, (kill on sight)
    Gunners are better on luring and killing mobs with aoe* they can do fast kills tho not as good as snipers.

*multi shot, barrage, reflex got decent aoe.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Eds

Eds New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Sniper is a bow user? All skill are use with bow? Tnx..

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  14. Sakura-chan

Sakura-chan Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    Bows have higher dps, guns have higher damage per hit. Yes, snipers are bow users. They have a machine gun-like skill that fires powerful arrows successively at a fast speed that you can use to kill fast if you decide to go sniper.

15. Grawrz

Grawrz Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOLARS Inc
    Well, that detailed the thread really quickly XD
    Anyway, I'm offering my Mirror Pierce and Shooting Star as guinea pigs. Which branch do you want me to test?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Its up to you, just take note of the changes and share them with us. thanks man :)

17. Mocca

Mocca new line ID: moccafrap

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Mocca
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Hm, guess my play style is odd. Lol. Sometimes I kill mobs fairly fast, than some sn in my pt...definitely gun users r on the technical side. I got used to it tho (explains y some PR said I'm hard to heal cuz I move like RO Lol).
    Bow=might b potting a lot, great for raids/boss. But IMO, if ur just gonna lure n mob up, Guns might b "faster" cuz u hit harder. But these r based on how I've been playing :p

• Like Like x 2
  18. Grawrz

Grawrz Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOLARS Inc
    Finally maxed the passive, now I have time to try out the different branches.

I took mirror pierce C and I was really impressed. It reduces rigor by roughly 0.2 seconds which is a lot in PvP. It also performs really well against ranged classes because there is no projectile. It takes 1.5 seconds to cast which is faster than most sniper skills. Highly recommended for PvP, stay away in PvE .

I also took Shooting Star B, and it does what it says. The arrow flies out after you land instead of during mid flight. This can confuse your enemy into thinking they're lagging. I would recommend against picking this branch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Thanks grawrz. I'll edit this and put your advices on it.

I took shooting star type c
    and it fires 3 arrow. I love this type since i fight like a DB. 1 arrow misses a lot specially when i move on random direction so 3 arrows will be a sure hit :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Grawrz

Grawrz Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOLARS Inc
    Why not edit and put in the Gunslinger skills too? :) That way we have a central thread for discussing all the Ra skills.