1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Skill Ring Guide

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by Zucrea, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Zucrea

Zucrea Pride & Wrath

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Paragon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    --->SKILL RING GUIDE<---

--GENERAL--

->Skill rings are accessories that can be equipped in your 2 normal slots. Each ring carries a skill of an advanced class.

->The skill rings range from level 1->5

->This level represents the actual level the skill is. So of course a level 1 skill is going to be quite weak; also note that skills branch at level 6 so very few rings will be applicable to actual use.

->These skills are weaker than their normal counterparts.

-> These are NOT locked to weapon types!

-> If you have a skill ring that is also available on your class--They have seperate cooldowns!

--MATERIALS FOR EVO--

To make a Light Crystal
    :

Synth NPC
    -> x99 hard crystals = x1 Light Crystal - Hard
    -> x99 sharp crystals = x1 Light Crystal - Sharp

To make a Material Ring:

Synth NPC
    -> Mat Ring 1 (Shop Only)
    -> Mat Ring 1 x 2 = Mat Ring 2
    -> Mat Ring 2 x 3 = Mat Ring 3
    -> Mat Ring 3 x 4 = Mat Ring 4

Evolving at the Blacksmith:
    ->To Evo a skill ring there are two options; #1 is using material rings, and #2 is using a ring of the same type and level.
    -->Also note that Evo can fail. Evo R's work here.

1->2
    Mat Ring 1 OR Same Ring Lv1
    Light Crystal - Hard x1
    Light Crystal - Sharp x1

2->3
    Mat Ring 2 OR Same Ring Lv2
    Light Crystal - Hard x2
    Light Crystal - Sharp x2

3->4
    Mat Ring 3 OR Same Ring Lv3
    Light Crystal - Hard x3
    Light Crystal - Sharp x3

4->5
    Mat Ring 4 OR Same Ring Lv4
    Light Crystal - Hard x4
    Light Crystal - Sharp x4

Simplify:
    ->From 1->5 you will need 10 stacks of Sharp and Hard crystals.
    ->From 1->5 you will need 24 Material Rings / 8 of the Same Ring Lv1.

--Paragon--

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Useful x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Stickying. Thanks for contributing. Means a hella lot now lately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. aleph

aleph Active Member

A couple more data points:
    • You get them by spinning in the shop: it takes gems or tickets
    • As of today, you can only spin for level 1-3; afaik you need to evolve the higher level rings
    • From my reading of the release notes in news and in the shop description, they allow you to use a non-class skill without imposing the weapon requirement. For example, a priest can use catacraft with a rod, or a rogue can use sunlight with a 1-h sword, etc. (Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.)
    • You can't list them in the stall or trade them, even with a premium ticket

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    ....................Dayum-the-things-I-miss-when-Gone-from-the-Forum+Avabel-for-a-Few-Weeks,or-months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. devilthebyker

devilthebyker New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    BykeR
    Level:
    Guild:
    TUGAS
    I went to the shop and got a skill ring for for 5 gachaticket.
    Is a skill from Fortress,a aoe skill, the name of the skill is turret, I think.
    I have tried with my acolyte and works just fine. I think that a warrior with heal,was great. U dont need to be a Paladin.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Xiansai

Xiansai Information Host

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    XI
    Level:
    If you read the first post, skill rings are rings where you can carry a skill of ANY advanced class without needing to use the right weapon or being in that class. For example, a warrior can use a mage skill if the warrior has one of the skill rings which has the power of that skill.

7. Vincent Valentino

Vincent Valentino New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    BIG_VIN
    Level:
    I got Blizzard skill ring lv 2 for 5 tickpack, the damage to monsters in 9F is about 150-200 with my Sni and my friend use samurai skill ring lv 1 that give 4 slashes (forgot the name) with ro str base, he can deal about 400-500 at the same floor. Is it affected by the status? Or there is another reason? Thanks for the answer..

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Joseph

Joseph Line ID: get_murked Gold Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    yea your stats still effect the damage as it normally would

9. Duel Wielding Debuster

Duel Wielding Debuster Blader (rb:Bla,Sti,Cru,Pal,Gla,DKn,FBr,Sam)

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Kyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    LOVELESS
    Not really anything to add here, just my opinion. I feel like Skill Rings have, or will become, the downfall of Avabel. Before, it was a "whatever playstyle you want to pursue, here's the class for you" type of game, but now with the addition of Skill Rings (even if they can only go up to lv 5, for now), the whole concept of individual uniqueness among independent players, has seemed to be almost completed thrown out the window. I mean, the foundation of MMORPGs is based off of choosing a class--and sometimes branch into more specialized or advanced classes--so that players can follow their own individual playstyle. Now with Skill Rings, that foundation is thrown out the metaphorical window, and what we're (possibly) left with in the future, are slashes and flashes and bangs and booms of various colors, that'll make most (if not all) PvP confusing as heck.

Now, of course there are restrictions. One, we're only allowed to wear two Skill Rings at a time. And two, they can only be raised to an efficiency of lv 5. But is that lv 5 cap really here to stay, or will Asobimo "fix" it, and raise the cap to 6? 7? 8? 9? Maybe even 10? And even if we can only use two Skill Rings at any one time, Avabel will advance as a game. People, not just players, want better; better food, better homes, better cars, better pay, better anything, really. So with the consumers' (the players) demands "evolving", how long will it be until the suppliers (the game developers) "evolve" their products, and put up more things; for example, an update that allows Skill Rings to be attached to unlocked slots in armors/weapons?

This new update, in my opinion, isn't just a negative--mostly. Yeah, it brings a fresh new method of gameplay to Avabel, one that's never been done before, and that's a good thing. However, I can already see that Skill Rings serve as just more marketing tools for Asobimo to make profit, which isn't bad. And who can blame them; especially if the game itself is free? But with Skill Rings, they merely act as methods of bypassing old restrictions (by that I mean limiting certain skills to certain classes), nothing's truly new with their addition to the game, the power they provide easily attracts arrogant players, and I believe that their addition to the game was a mistake.

Of course, this is all just my opinion, and the consequences of Skill Rings listed above are just speculations in the end, but the last thing I want in a PvP match, is some Assassin flaunting Disaster Storm before the match even begins (which serves no other purpose than giving your opponents a sneak peek of your skills), or a Double Barrel spamming Spike Shot just because they can. Personally, when I want a fight, I want my opponent to come at me with their skills as a player, not with the size of their wallet, but hey, that's just me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. devilthebyker

devilthebyker New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    BykeR
    Level:
    Guild:
    TUGAS
    So, a skill ring Int based is useless in a chararter str based.
    Only if u use magic weapons and the dmg or heal is minimum.

11. Alwing

Alwing Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Al-wing
    Level:
    You won't be doing much damage unless you happen to have that Mind Change skill ring (Soul Blader skill). That skill will convert all int to str or in this case all str into int (given that the str stat is higher than the int stat). Keep in mind that the effect lasts only for about 1 minute at lvl 1...

12. masoud omer

masoud omer New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    ♣ARABI♣
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ksa
    Lol the wnd of the beging of thw game completely greed non senstive policy :(

13. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Exploring around~

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    I just use pack tic x5 to exchange for skill ring in shop. I got a Gearblade level 1 (by random). Pretty lucky to get that.

U know I love to jump :p:p

14. Xiansai

Xiansai Information Host

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    XI
    Level:

Jump around jump jump jump jump jump!

• Like Like x 1
  15. ToxicChaos

ToxicChaos New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Scythe
    Level:
    Guild:
    ArchDemons
    Thank u for this post!

16. Roster605

Roster605 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Daisung
    Level:
    I'm looking to evolve my skill ring but I need material ring to do so and i have no idea how to obtain that item.

i still have yet to figure out how to obtain material rings and merging my thread did not give an answer so here's a shout out for help to all the forum GM's.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2016
  17. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Your post was merged because it was relevant to the thread.

To answer your question, nobody knows where Material Rings are found. It doesn't appear as a craft in the synthesis. It also doesn't appear to be in the stall. The only place left is the Shop (which was mentioned in the thread)...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Its as @Ace144 says concerning your post and its content. I dont personally dont answer new posts if they are on content i do not know of or know little about (partly because iv been far too busy with college and two jobs) or if the answer exists else where. As to why others arent answering it, it could be they dont know, dont care, dont read, dont have prior rpg knowledge to help trouble shoot, ect ect... In most cases those who come to a forum seek quick answers when a forum is just a gathering place for users to share in-depth knowledge on a topic or collaborate on said knowledge/topic. Dont go off playing the passive aggressive game when i or @Taibasa Tsuyou move yours or someone elses content to a place of relevance for the inquiry. Aight?

I can speculate all day long on this just because of playing mmos for almost 18 years now. (dont bite my head off) that this bit here
    tells me that the material ring is either a pure shop item or something that could come from one of the many non avatar boxes that float around in avabel. It also could mean you need a ring of the same type and star rating just as you would evo-ing some 6 star or above piece of gear.