1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Self Sustaining class/adv class

Discussion in 'Avabel Class Discussions' started by Ehwahh, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Ehwahh

Ehwahh New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    What's the best self sustaining(not reliant on potions) class in your opinion? Also, is Wanderer's Flame of Peace good for grinding if you're solo? Leveled it up to 7 but still not even close to regenerating 50% :mad:

2. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I have been spending these past few hours reading in this forum. Two thing I've picked on is...

1. PLEASE READ FIRST AND POST IN THE CORRECT AREAS. Your second question belongs in the wanderer form.

2. THERE IS NO BEST IN A LOT OF MMOs. IT'S MAINLY HOW YOU ARE.

To the first question, it really does depend on the player's stats as well as the class. (Currently, I play as a mid-ranged MEN creator. I don't have many SP problems.) It also depends on how much the player spams (just because it's there doesn't mean it's used).

For the second question, I don't know. I haven't read the Wonderer area yet, and I don't play as it. Try reading the area first.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    Imho wanderer, acolyte, and creator are able to sustain themselves solo up to avg of 14f

Wanderer
    Flame of peace for most effective use that i found is to find a relatively safe location cast it and "sit" in its aoe the sitting and flame effect stack so regen is quicker.

Creator
    If INT is high enough and Potion Mist lvl6+ along w/ certain branch(es), cast it periodically and fight within its aoe. Having more VIT and def helps this as well

Acolyte
    I havent used this class as much so someone else may be able to elaborate more on it but what i found so far is to retreat temporarily and cast the self heal skill (idr name) as needed and return to the fight.

General Advice
    With the strategies mentioned above along w/ properly timed dodges you will be able to avoid using excess HP pots if the mob is hard to read. However you will inevitably have to use SP pots sooner or later.

Note
    Im referring to starter classes bc several adv ones have access to other support skills.
    Youll have to find which one that suits you and play around and get used to both yours and its fighting style.

Edit: Added Creator skill that I forgot to mention in initial post.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Thier exists a thread with this question already, however its late so ill find it tommorow. If not tai will.

5. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
  6. Ehwahh

Ehwahh New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    Was just curious if other classes are having the same problem as me, as i'm new to this game and to this forum. I've read many of the threads over the past couple days and thought this was the best subforum to post it in. Thanks for the input boys, cheers.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Exploring around~

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Self sustainable class is always my main choice in game. Acolyte, an effective healer and fast regen of sp, playing the game without the need of potion. Party with priest skills do need sp potion due spamming of heal ball and skills.

Wanderer with Men stats can play the game without any potion. Especially when using Bard heals. But not an easy class to use when comes to the needed power to win a pvp or clear floors quest. But it's rewarding in special way of dealing damage and heal. I like wanderer more than acolyte now because it is really unique. Though it may not be effective in healing compared to acolyte.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Abdulaziz (Azzuz)

Abdulaziz (Azzuz) New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Soul
    Level:
    Guild:
    ARKANGELZ
    it is not "the best class" but Monk with full DEX build has very high SP recovery speed (still need pots so). and with 9* weapon set u don't need HP pots because Monk passive heals his own wounds (100-180+crit) per hit (not all hits) but most of it and Monk hit really fast, in worst situations you will use your healing skill (like 800-1200+crit).

9. Kira15fatal

Kira15fatal New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ☆Kira☆
    Level:
    Hey guys,

I'll start this off by saying i've been playing for a while now and still cant figure out what class i like the most.
    Im not a very social guy so I dont play with groups of people all to oftem. (Making this thread proves out of my comfort zone)
    I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on a good sustainable charictor who wont drain money on potions and who can do a considerable amount of damage.
    Class and advanced class thoughts and stat ideas greatly appriciated.

10. Don't Hate Red Nut

Don't Hate Red Nut New Member

@Kira15fatal I am also a new player (casual player too), I am major in warrior class but i did tried other classes as well. Hmm I can say no class can save SP pots unless you invest quite a big amount of MEN points. However, when u reach above level 70, normally your total sp amount will be enough to sustain for your skill spamming no matter which class you are (except monk and double barrel, i think). As for HP pots, you can save more money from that if you are either range character (ranger, magician), or healer (acolyte).

Magician and Ranger are quite good to solo on early stage, but mind you, every class are good in solo, the difference is some melee classes like warrior,rogue,wanderer,revenger are more difficult to solo at early stage due to weaker weapon and armor, which cause them more vulnerable when facing the mobs (especially at higher floors), plus they are melee attackers, so they are more likely to take damage. My lvl 70 warrior have 10 stars weapon maxed, and 7-8 stars armors maxed, I play solo until f18 easily. So I don't say which class is better to solo, instead I say how good your weapon and armor to let you solo.

As for a character who do considerable amount of damage, it is just the same from what I explained, not matter which class you play, as long as you get your good weapon, you can deal massive damage.

If you seriously looking for a "sustainable" character, I think acolyte is the job which suit to your criteria, but you need a party to deal damage so you can earn exp and jexp faster.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  11. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    No... There are many off statements here. (And two things that annoy me on a personal level).
    False. Without MEN, you are unable to spam skills without the use of pots... even at level 70. Maybe after rebirth but not before it. (Though it depends on what you are doing. If you are farming long periods of time or raiding, pots are still mandatory.) The advanced classes take too much SP to spam them. (Monk and Double Barrel guzzle SP because people in those classes spam their skills without interruption. They aren't any different than other classes except for the almost non-existent cooldown).
    Not Mage. Mages are close to Mid range fighters. They don't have a lot of long ranged spells. Plus casting gives the enemy time to attack. In solo play, you are asking to constantly get hit.
    Not Mages...
    The requirement of the person asking is that they don't need to use a lot of pots. At higher levels, healing is a requirement. If you are not in a class with a decent heal, you have to use pots. So while every class can solo, only three can solo without extra expenses.

Also, every class is good in solo. (Sorry it bugged me too much. I would have overlooked it, but it is painted in red. I can't miss it.)
    You contradicted yourself. You are saying that they suck at early game, but they are also vulnerable in late game. This statement alone makes it sound hard to solo with these classes even though you stated that they could solo well.

Anyway, you have it backwards. Rogue, Warriors, and the like are at the strongest in the beginning. They can kill enemies quickly before the enemies can do a lot of damage. It's late game that it becomes a hassle. The enemies are living longer, and they are dealing more damage. They don't solo as well since they are without a way to recover HP and SP. That is where the pots come in.
    So the entire paragraph was pointless. Got it...

Okay. On a more serious note, a major update changed the a lot of the floors in the main tower. The enemies on floor 24 and lower were weakened. They are not as strong as they were in the past. I believe in the same update the drops were changed and some of the armors level limits were removed... mainly the 50 and under gear. Floors 4-6 drop level 50 weapons and armors. Floors 7-9 drop 2* level 50 weapons and armors. Soloing floors is easier now than it was in the past.
    Isn't that what he said he wanted to avoid? (Yes, recommend him the class that is encouraged to work with other people and has the hardest time soloing.)

And now for the rest of my thoughts, you only mentioned floors. There's more to this game than that. High leveled dungeons can't be solo'd well. No matter how good your gear is.

Also, Creator wasn't mentioned once. It is the best late game solo class. It has good healing, better damage than Acolyte, and buffs/debuffs to make life easier. It is a literal jack of all trades.

And to @Kira15fatal I recommend that you break out of that shell. MMOs are best played with other people. You maybe able to solo the floors, but you can't solo harder dungeons. They require cooperation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Id disagree to some extant. Mages do have a wide range of...ahh ranged skills. The quicker casting and or cooldown skills are typically are close to mid range skills. I was able to play as a rogue archetype to see if i could. They have the skills to play evasive an close with. With proper skill chaining, one could use the pure long range or forward wide cone AoEs to keepem at range if they play on the mob's behavior patterns esp if playing as solo or on a floor alone or with very few ppl. However, the last person i see do this was murk and marcococo and couple of others. This was at least 2 years ago... Still, normaly mage does fine at corralling mobs to a tight group to let loose one while keeping distance on its own.

All in all, the only thing i disagree with is that bit thier.

13. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I was more responding to the early game mages.

From what I am playing (currently), the base class skills require you to be not very far from the enemy. Fire bullet is the only long ranged skill Mages have, but it is ineffective on a decent chunk of enemies between floor 4-9 (which is most of early game). (I consider early game floors 1-9. By floor 10, people should have an idea on how things work. This is also around the time I believe people should have been getting advanced classes since that's originally where level 50 gear started spawning.) The spells that give an elemental advantage over those enemies are close ranged (Wind Dagger and Thunderbolt). Rock Mace and Ice Spear are mid range and require more precision than your other starter spells. (You wouldn't believe the amount of times I had enemies between my two ice pillars.) Scud Spell is weird. (I honestly don't know how to describe it. It's not good, but it isn't bad.)

Then the casting skills are mid to close. Well, the fire cast has good range, but I already explained why fire isn't very good in early game. The thunder cast skill requires you to be close to mid to close. The problem is the casting lets the enemy get closer and gives them the ability to attack. Of course, you can time it right and nothing happens, but mistakes can still happen. Water Pole is close range.

Honestly, Mage is a very mediocre early game class. It doesn't truly start shining until it gains more SP and access to its advanced classes. I can't possibly see how you could keep enemies at bay with the base skills.

14. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Its used as a chaining skill and has different behaviors depending if you jump or not. Very useful skill imo for starting players as it can become any element based on if you put an element on your weapon.

Rock mace is an amazing skill and rarly misses for me and is often my panic skill when to many are close or if a mob is about to attack or knocking a boss attack (often ran naked till lv 50 as any class) away so i dont get one shotted if my roll is on cooldown. I agree with ice spear. Its more of a flashy distraction in pvp when i use it. If it hits then yay, if not it made you move one of two directions which leads me with a fair hard hitting follow up. Ice spear is not really a pve skill but offers the same range as fire bullet which is nice if you wanna use it as such.

This is very true and most rpgs set mage up for more intermidate or more experinaced ppl

15. Zucrea

Zucrea Pride & Wrath

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Paragon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    As of right now monk is definitely the easiest.
    You get an auto 30 stats if you have pr mastered/rebirthed including like 20% crit boost.
    You have a debuff that greatly drops defense which is necessary on high floors.
    You can offhand mace/wand and use both selfee holy (heal bubble) AND get hp back from literally hitting things.
    Combo that with the fact that they're like the 2nd fastest single target dps and it's golden.

And I myself as a strong mage believe mages are bad on higher floors. The mobs gain so much health that aoe is a bad thing because you're trading high single target dps damage % modifier for low aoe damage modifier.

16. Kiyoshi 40

Kiyoshi 40 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Kiyoshi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tower
    Imho its really on ur playstyle..i dont use pots from lvl75(currently 99) if i wanna save them...creators r best for this job even in high floors
    But again when i feel like playing with axes and go berserk i need tons of sp pots coz axe skills r sp consuming...
    Even on my ranger i found that on 75+ lvl if use bow dont have to use many sp pots..
    Its really on ur playstyle and find ur pace :)

17. ajjj

ajjj New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    kissme
    Level:
    I played as a vampire and rb into phantom gunner. Idk why vampires not included in a top class for using no pots (mind u vampire needs high,10k bare minimum better 15k+, hp to take full advantage of drain skills). Phantom hits more often then vampire so once ur rb ur passive heals u all the time (gets annoying since we do better dmg at low hp) only down fall is u can't use rev skills til you rb and go back to knuckles but it never bothers me much. I love that having low hp now isn't a bad think since u get a dramatic dmg increase.