1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Rogue Skills+Build Ups

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by aovan, Oct 30, 2013.

1. aovan

aovan Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    aovan
    Level:
    Hello! Please check out my Twohand Wr/Gl Guide if you're interested on choosing that class! Thanks!
    http://avabelforums.com/threads/twohand-wr-gl-skills-build-ups.71/

STATS: will depend on your style

Concentrated: Full Str / Full Dex
    -------> These two types are experimental types as I've heard of.

Assassin/Full Potential: Full STR, Dex 20-30-40, Vit 10 (optional)
    -------> Best build for rogue similar to a DPS Warrior. Fast and Heavy Hits while landing Crits and double attacks due to Ro's passive skill; Duplex.

Being a rouge is quite flexible with PVP/PVE and your playing style would always be running around fast while 'assassinating' every opponent. It is a fun class to use and hard to beat due to constant evading/hiding skills if you know how to play it.

~~~~~~~~~~~Notes:~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can get +10 stats due to Passive/Guild Skill Upgrades
    DEX 30+10 = 40 = 40HIT bonus +4 = 44% Chance of landing a Crit.

Make sure you increase your DEX first so you can benefit from it's Crit all the way and Ro's Duplex activation rate.
    I have read many forums and it is suggested that DEX40 Cap is the safest to take, more than that theoretically lowers the chance of landing a Crit.

~~~~~~~~~~SKILLS:~~~~~~~~~~~
    Throw Dagger
    A: "Endure type for long battles holding consuming amount. Can activate 3 times at most with adding inputs."
    B: "Fire power type increasing attack power in short distances. Can activate 3 times at most with adding inputs."
    C: "Far distance type with adjustments made to throw more further. Can activate 3 times at most with adding inputs."

I picked C since it is suppose to be a ranged skill of a rogue although this is not a commonly used skill of a rogue. Don't waste too much JEXP on it.

Dodge Dagger
    A: "Saver type that holds power but adjusting cool time and consumed SP."
    B: "Concentration type with more emphasis on fire power than range. Increase consumed SP and cool time"
    C: "Spread type with expanded attack range by throwing many at once."

I picked B for optimum damage. This skill is your counter-attack against incoming melee.

Hiding
    A: "Extended type with long hide condition."
    B: "Moving type holding the movements while hiding. Major decrease in defense power."
    C: "Enhanced type with faster movement speed and longer lasting while hiding. Increase consumed SP and cool time."

For optimum use, C is the best type to pick. It has a 7second cooldown and 15second hiding time to escape/stalk.

Rumble Vain (Most used skill)
    A: "Saver type by adjusting to be used continuously by holding power."
    B: "Fire power type increasing each blows damage. Long rigor."
    C: "Balance type with stable damage and short rigor."

This is your grinding/leveling skill so choose the type what fits best for you
    Heres how it works:
    when on type A, very quick can immediately roll after, wait for .5sec for cooldown after roll. Spam! Although the lowest damage compared to B/C.
    when on type B, a bit slower animation attack than A/C, can roll after, wait for 1sec for cooldown after roll BUT has the best damage.
    when on type C, quite the same quickness of A, can roll after, wait for 1sec for cooldown after roll. Dmg-wise is higher than A but lower than B.

I picked B for it's Dmg and it's cooldown+rigor is manageable. The Combo I use in grinding:
    Rumble Vain-Dodge Dagger-Hawk Assault-Rumble Vain / Rumble Vain-Dodge Dagger-Roll-Rumble Vain

Poison Knife
    A: "High rate type increased in chance to get poisoned."
    B: "Extended type with longer lasting poison."
    C: "Expanded type widening the range and making easier to attack."

I picked B for the "longer lasting" poison. I only use this skill against BOSS. This is a just for fun skill and makes you vulnerable because of it's slow movement. Can also be easily dodged.

Hawk Assault
    A: "Range type with wider attack range covering surroundings with power."
    B: "Fire power type with increased charging and higher attack power."
    C: "Enhanced type widening the charging range. Increase consumed SP and cool time."

I picked B for the best increased damage. This skill is for spam purposes too combo with Rumble Vain/Dodge Dagger.

Quick Move (Self-Buff Skill)
    "Raise movement speed by strengthening legs. Raises movement speed for a period of time."

Chasing opponents isn't difficult when you're Rogue cos of this skill. ;) They can hide but they can't run away from us, hehe. :cool:

Cast Viper (Debuff Skill)
    "Throws special daggers and stops the opponents movements."

It doesn't actually "stop" the movement of your opponent, it SLOWS them approx 3-5secs, makes them vulnerable of being hit.

Blast Venom
    "Wraps the surroundings in a poison mist, hiding them."
    [​IMG]
    A splash AoE damage that will also put you into a hiding state for 5seconds to escape/stalk.

Kill Drive
    "Skill that performs a quick movement and attack."
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    A forward slash that can damage multiple opponents. It is the deadly skill of a Rogue. :blackalien:

Duplex (Passive Skill)
    "Increases number of attacks at a specific rate while attacking. Increases activate rate according to DEX."

Every hit you make is a chance of damaging extra twice. Imagine, one tap of attack button results to 2 damages w/ more chance of landing a crit, how awesome is that being a Rogue?! :woot: it also applies on attack skills.

I hope this helped!
    IGN: aovan
    See you in-game :)
    [​IMG]
    _____Don't forget to_____
    [​IMG]

• Like x 19
    • Agree x 4
    • Useful x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
  2. Unskilled

Unskilled New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    thanks aovan! but, is this affect the damage of rumble vein type b when your opponent using fire armor? (sorry for my bad english :dead:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. aovan

aovan Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    aovan
    Level:
    It depends on what element you're using and up against.
    Ex: Water Weapon increases damage against Fire Armor
    I'm not quite sure if other elemental armors has a resistance effect against neutral attacks. Regardless of the fact I've learned that someone have experienced an increased defense while in Dark/Light(RARE) element on armor. Dark/Light also has an increase of damage against mobs if compounded on Weapon. :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  4. Unskilled

Unskilled New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    owh i see.. okay thanks! ;) ya my experienced on another rpg game on PC, holy armor the best element for defense.. but weak against dark/shadow attack element.. (correct me if i'm wrong) :blackeye: and i'm newbie here..

now i know, fire just on the text description.. :woot:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. aovan

aovan Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    aovan
    Level:
    Approve! :woot:
    Oh so that's why Light costs more than Dark at Stall o_O goodjob!

6. Threnody

Threnody Homicidal Adventurer

Guild:
    NAZGUL
    oh just wanna clarify something.
    I'm a STR-type rogue but I tried to invest in DUPLEX.
    What I found out is, duplex damage is much weaker than your actual damage.
    for example : the normal damage per hit of your rumble is around 220-300.
    The duplex damage (numbers appearing right behind the original damage) is around 100-150 or less.
    Just wanna share it coz I used to believe that duplex "literally" doubles your DPS by adding more hits with the same damage -
    the truth is, they just add an "extra" damage.

• Like Like x 2
  7. aovan

aovan Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    aovan
    Level:
    Well said! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Threnody

Guild:
    NAZGUL

but that's just me man, and it's just based on what I saw when I tried to stare at it.
    I thought maybe it's because I don't have DEX and duplex damage is kinda based on your MINIMUM damage.
    But you guys can try to observe it yourselves and see if my observation is correct :woot:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Unskilled

Unskilled New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    hi threnody, as a STR-type rogue, so you didn't put vit or dex? just STR until max?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Farah Elina

Farah Elina New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    _Alaska
    Level:
    Can you please tell which skill is the best for pve/pvp and which one to max it out

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. aovan

aovan Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    aovan
    Level:
    Most used and Best PVE/PVP skills is Rumble Vain and Kill Drive. Also max out Passive Skill Duplex for extra damage :woot:

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  12. Threnody

Guild:
    NAZGUL

yes. as in all out STR.
    BUT - that was before :woot:
    I got bored eventually so I decided to put DEX as well.
    For me, it kinda gets boring when I don't see critical hits :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. vandervenn

vandervenn Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    NADE
    Level:
    hello. i want to share my rogue.

I build my rogue with guide by http://avabelforums.com/threads/rogue-build-collection-of-opinions-from-me-scencer-and-mashiro.420/ that guide, and it is Full Dex. Up until now, i have 71+9 Dex with Duplex already lvl 5. It have lower output damage than rogue with Str, but i when i cast rumble vain (lvl 6), all the blows are in critical about 1,5x - 4x the base damage.

maybe when im on lvl 70 or 80 ill create rogue in full str.. or rogue in balance of str, vit, and dex lol

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Thadius

Thadius New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Thadius
    Level:
    Help pls. Op says my dex should be 40...
    [​IMG]
    Am I doing it right? My dex is 40 but theres +10. My hit is 54 so umm should my hit be 40.

15. bambieundies

bambieundies Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Diamond
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    My dex is exactly 40 and i am not happy with my crits. I should go more like 60.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. vandervenn

vandervenn Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    NADE
    Level:
    well, if your base dex 40 its okay, as long the bonus is not more than +25. Or, if you want very good critical, add your stats to dex until your HIT is 99 and then pour your stats into STR. But it is your OWN risk. just for safe, try to put dex until your HIT is about 50 or so.

i put dex but since i am a bit stupid (lol), i incidentally put dex to 81+19 and make my HIT stat is 125, and the duplex is overwhelmed but always hit twice per attack. For example, normal rogue need about 7-9 hits to kill lotus, but mine hit about 14-17. its almost twice. i realize this because yojiah -_- though

• Like Like x 1
  17. bambieundies

bambieundies Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Diamond
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    My
    My base dex is 30 then skill +5 and guild passive +5. I am planning on getting debuster as my advanced class as soon as i get the required crystals. I will make my dex a total of 60 and see if it goes better. I will go for dagger of course as main weapon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. vandervenn

vandervenn Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    NADE
    Level:
    Yes, go for dagger but try to use same name and same lvl of daggers. Just in case, put your dex one by one, and observe it. So you can stop putting stat on dex when you feel its great enough lol.

19. bambieundies

bambieundies Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Diamond
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I have two telk daggers 3‚òÖ for level 60 and im lvl 56 right now. I have to focus more on obtaining crystals for my advanced class. I guess a guildmate volunteered to help with some few crystals which he told me on allie chat. I have to save stat points until 65 or until i get debuster and will try to experiment a little. Thank you so much for the tip buddy. :D

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    IMG_0108.PNG
    Gonna put 3 more Stat Points in DEX then all points in STR