1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Rogue Builds

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by VashX, May 23, 2013.

1. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    STR increase ATK every Stat Point in it, DEX Increase Min every now and then Stat Points you put in it not consistent as such your Dmg Status Won't Level up as a Power Rogue ATK Status Would.
    keep on increasing STR and DEX once your High Level you should be able to get 6* Gears and buy a Restatus Scroll and Restat, your Weapons are Dual Daggers in the end cause of the Fact 2 Adv Classes Requires us to wield Dual Dagger as such we don't really have a lot of Options, Armor is................Ah Go with the Armor that make you look like you wearing a Jacket that be Rogue's Armor, Head Armor is up to you DEF or MDEF.
    DEX Minimum for me is 84 after that is your OWN choice, you need both STR and DEX, Rogues are Squishy cause They Learn to Avoid getting hit as such they Don't Take Damage often which is the reason their Def and Mdef are Low VIT 20-40 is what a Rogue can have anymore is becoming a tank actually Having VIT 40 you already becoming a Tank,

2. ŚΉÀÐØ₩

ŚΉÀÐØ₩ New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ŚΉÀÐØ₩
    Level:
    Guild:
    Nitewalkee
    Please give me some advice for my build. My original goal was 150 str and 40 dex for pure power build. Then I decided that 100 dex and 100 str rest vit would be better. The 50 attk difference between the pure str and 100 dex build will be accounted for by criticals/duplex and an increase in min attack, meaning a better overall dps build. 100 dex build also allows me to crit more in PvP. Is my theory correct? Or is the best dps potential for rogue still 150 str 40 dex?

3. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Lol ypu would be loseing a lot more then 50 points of damage, did you forget about the bonuses you get every 20 points into str/int/vit/men?

4. ŚΉÀÐØ₩

ŚΉÀÐØ₩ New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ŚΉÀÐØ₩
    Level:
    Guild:
    Nitewalkee
    So let's say I will lose more than 50 attk with bonuses. Do you think 100 dex still gives better dps? Cause for rogues, dex gives crit/duplex/flips min attk and max attk

5. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Well for starters removing 50 str from 150+10 str (assuming passives from you and the guild for the 160 bonus) would mean you would lose 89 points of atk on your STATUS SCREEN. Skill damage is a kind of multiplier effect on what you see in the status screen. So that 89 points lose could mean well over 100-300 damage loss per skill and in some cases per hit. This is all assuming the target has no def and so far I am just looking at str alone.

As far as i can remember ( i aint a dex expert @Leo Striker and a few others have a better grasp of where stuff starts evening out) the min-max even out somewhere in the 80s (i think 84 or 86 dex, this includes passives) So having 100 would flip flop min and max by a little amount so its like adding some str ( not a lot) with a bonus of a crit sheild and a (most likely becuase I keep hearing of more and more players moving to dex) a small chance to crit on med to high dex players. As far as duplex...I was a rouge that did not rely on it. In fact i never watched it becuase i was more concerned with other details. (at 5+10 dex i duplex once every 5 or so hits and it didnt improve noticiably for me even when i had 50+10 dex)

PvE this would be a pretty alright build for dps alone

EDIT:http://avabelforums.com/threads/dex-and-crit-dmg-guide.2648/page-6#post-48014 This is something you should read about dex.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  6. ŚΉÀÐØ₩

ŚΉÀÐØ₩ New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ŚΉÀÐØ₩
    Level:
    Guild:
    Nitewalkee
    I have read that post over and over but can't understand his English lol. To me, getting min attk=max attk would be great since a Di weapon would increase both of them. If I'm not wrong, skills are based on the attack stat and not str. That means its a multiplier of your attk and not the status point str. Is that right? If that is then forgoing the 50 str (which means a loss of 89 attack) for dex would be much more worth it since dex also increase min attk and chance of criticals and therefore higher damage

7. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Di Doesn't Increase Both it increase Max Part you talking about Ba that increase Min&Max, Fl Increase Min.

8. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Whos post? If it is mine, I can see why. I failed English class twice e.e

Like leo mentioned DI only buffs max attack. I also mentioned that skill's damage is based on the atk/matk, I might have not been clear enough.

You would lose 89 overall ATK on the status screen but your skills will suffer a much greater loss because of the multiplier effect.

9. ŚΉÀÐØ₩

ŚΉÀÐØ₩ New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ŚΉÀÐØ₩
    Level:
    Guild:
    Nitewalkee
    I was referring to the DEX and crit dmg post haha. I understand you fully. Your English has no issues lol. Hmm...so the best build is actually full str rest dex and crit orbs?

10. dxfury

dxfury Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    DxFury
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Excuse me what is Di, Ba and Fl ??

11. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    they are the Customize you can do at Synthesis NPC using 5 Custom Tools you can Di: Increase Max ATK & MATK, Ba: Increase Min & Max ATK & MATK, or Fl: Increase Min ATK & MATK.

12. RavenV2

RavenV2 New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    RavenV2
    Level:
    Guild:
    BlueFoxes
    My alt is lvl 32 rogue for now but I'm going full str and the rest for dex and vit.... working on getting 6*+ weapons and armor :\... I'll barely use him when I'm finished lol because I'll only use him when I'm mad about something so I guess I'll go around sparring people to release anger

13. RavenV2

RavenV2 New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    RavenV2
    Level:
    Guild:
    BlueFoxes
    • Please use the edit butten next time.
    Full str with dex and vit... rather have more dex than vit though

Actually I'm taking my defense up so vitality isn't one of my options, I won't need it

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
  14. Ahmedh aaqil

Ahmedh aaqil New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Ahmedh2
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fate
    I read the people opinions... But I am still confused.. I mean DEX and STR are the important ones right? But what about VIT?
    My DEX and STR are in the same amount.. Nothing less and nothing more.. I am currently in lock 39.. And I am aiming 50+ in the same status..and yea.. I am rogue.
    Am I doing the right thing?

15. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    We cannot decide that any better that yourself can do. If you feel your 1:1 Str: Dex ratio is good and need improvements in your Physical Defense and max HP, then you can add some points into the Vit-stat.
    likewise, if not, then you can stay on Str: Dex only.
    It's just what you feel about your character. Question yourself the scenario's for when you face others or Monsters. How long you want to fight to be satisfied with your stats? Do you do enough damage to your feeling? Do you think you lack either Physical Defense and/or Max HP to last longer? etc. etc.

Note that you must be careful about these things, since you could be affected by someone else's buffs/debuffs (like Priest's Sunlight, Blacksmith's Stone of Moves etc.).