1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Revenger - Phantom Gunner

Discussion in 'Avabel Class Discussions' started by Innfectious, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Innfectious

Innfectious Link

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    Class Info & Requirements:
    Phantom Gunner: Generates powerful magic bullet using peculiar gun. Holds ability to change attribute.
    - 40 Sharp Crystals
    - 30 Hard Crystals
    - DEX Orb 5

Phantom Gunner's skills:

Blitz Impulse (Active - STR Based, Dual hand gun. [Says usable with double barrel hand gun which just means dual hand gun] SP Used: 17): Quickly approaches the enemy in front and shoots through its vitals. Element: Dark
    Screenshot_20170227-021610.png
    -
    Type A: Increased damage.
    - Type B: Holds magic attribute. (Will receive a buff to INT that closely mirrors your overall m.atk to your atk and will do magic damage)
    - Type C: Holds both physical and magic attribute. (Seems this branch will make your skills hit twice per hit counting one hit as physical and the other as magical. Noticed damage reduction but more testing is needed)

Please refer to the notes in parentheses here for the other skills so I do not have to list it for each skill and their branches.

Growl Bullet (Active - STR Based, Dual hand gun. SP Used: 19): Shoots out bullet holding grudge of the dead. Element: Dark
    Screenshot_20170227-021623.png
    -
    - Type B: Holds magic attribute.
    - Type C: Holds both physical and magic attribute.

Victim Rain (Active - STR Based, Dual hand gun. SP Used: 24): Realizes countless guns and sprinkles evil bullet forward. Element: Dark
    Screenshot_20170227-021634.png
    -

Death Roar (Active - STR Based, Dual hand gun. SP Used: 26): Opens the gate of Netherworld and callus out cry of sorrow. Element: Dark
    Screenshot_20170227-021646.png
    -

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Innfectious

Innfectious Link

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    Notes & Thoughts:

Quickly I want to mention that Death Roar is bugged. hitting too many mobs will Disconnect you much like Revenger's Regengift.
    I assume the same may apply to Victim Rain as it can also hit many mobs but I have not DCed yet with it.

Now as for stats I need to mention that I am pure STR with a 9 star gun in my right hand and a 6 star gun in my left hand (Don't question me lol)
    and getting very good damage off the skills, specifically Growl Bullet which hits 3 times and on low HP my final hit is doing 2.1k damage non crit on f18 which is where I grind. (I am level 67 at the time of posting this). So this led me to list each skill as STR Based, however I hit a wall when it came to each skill's branches which mention a magic attribute. I am not sure what this means but my initial thought was that the skill becomes INT Based. But then the third branch offers you both physical and magic attribute, confusing me even more. Another possibility that crossed my mind was that it affected how damage comes off on mobs despite being STR based. What I mean is, for example, say you choose Type B which offers magic attribute, will your damage come off as M.ATK despite you having STR? (without damage values being affected). But that seems slightly unlikely due to Type C offering both physical and magic attributes. I have not chosen any branches yet and I do posses a reskill scroll which I intend to use for testing purposes on this class.

Help me clear this up and make suggestions on how and where I can test these branches. Willing to use my reskill for this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Innfectious

Innfectious Link

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    Turns out I was overthinking. I decided to go with magic attribute on my growl bullet and it applies stat changes. Now in the case of growl bullet. My damage got better. In the following to screenshots I show what my normal damage is then the second screenshot shows you what happens to my stats when grown bullet is used. Screenshot_20170225-092423.png Screenshot_20170225-092339.png As you can see above. My ATK was slightly bumped then my M.ATK was boosted to 676. My damage took a very noticeable leap up from my final hit going from 2.1k to 2.5k.

Now for Victim Rain is a different story. Here I decided to go for Type C which gave both physical and magical attribute and upon using the skill on f18 mobs, my damage took a very noticeable decline from 600s to 300s Screenshot_20170225-092618.png As you can see here, when Victim Rain is used I get a slight decrease in my ATK and my M.ATK becomes 625.

Type B is starting to seem like the way go but I still have two more skills to test out. I will update you all on what happens with those skills.

(Also while I am testing branches B and C can someone check and see if Type A provides a noticeable boost thats worth choosing?)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Innfectious

Innfectious Link

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    OMG! This whole time I was only looking at ATK/M.ATK but never noticed the additional 170 INT but it still does not explain damage increases with branch B and decreases with branch C unless I'm overlooking something here.

In both cases I have exactly:
    STR = 137+26
    INT = 5+170

So why is branch B giving me more ATK/M.ATK and branch is decreasing ATK/M.ATK ?

Quick update: I followed the same pattern with the remaining 2 skills and got the same results. Type B overall increased my damage while Type C decreased. (Note that I was only fighting on f18 and I didn't bother to test on other mobs) but in the end I used my reskill and chose branch B on all skills and my damages are better

Small update: with type B there are moments when my damage is different than normal and hits for lower damage. In pvp I was doing 1s with a particular skill then other times the same skill would do 400s

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2017
  5. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I have a weird idea about the branches. It is something that can easily be tested.

What I think is going on it that the branches are giving you an option to pick what kind of damage you want to have. I believe the skills are STR based, but at level 6 you can choose. Type A just gives more damage. Type B will make your attacks magical. Type C will make your attacks physical and magical but at the cost of lower damage.

The easiest way to test this is by attacking a human target with an high physical defense armor and attacking a human target with a high magical defense armor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Innfectious

Innfectious Link

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    I agree with what you said. But as stated in my last comment, I sometimes have weird damage changes. In pvp my Victim Rain hit my target for 400s the first time I used the skill. Then the next time I used the skill I was only hitting 1s. (With Type B)

7. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I believe (I want to note this as speculation) that the buff that raises your magic attack isn't always activating. You are probably doing one damage because the skill uses your magic attack stat with the Type B route, and the buff isn't working. (Guns have no magic attack.) I believe this is a bug that will probably be fixed in the near future (Day one releases sometimes come with bugs.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ajjj

ajjj New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    kissme
    Level:
    Type c (I got told by my GL it's the best stupidly) also sometimes does 1 dmg. I thought it was just from super high dex but I'm guessing it's from the magic attribute. I'm planning on rescroll ingredients and doing type A so I can hav ed high and stable dmg being dex build.

9. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Splendid done with also your own notes and thoughts on it! ^^

(I do struggle though to want to merge the last three update posts, as it takes a rather lot of posts together, while I (personally) don't mind the first 3).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  10. Ness(Ls)

Ness(Ls) New Member

In Game Name:
    Skye
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    I happened to get Phantom Gunner today. For Growl Buller and Victims Rain I went with Type B. The damage did decrease on flr13 but only by a little. Though my INT happened to go up to +144 but my skills are only lv6 for the Type B skills. I'm debating on if I should have all my skills go with Type B or not. It's quiet different from other classes but it is super cool!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. ajjj

ajjj New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    kissme
    Level:
    What's your guys damage on f18? I just switched from type c to A and I went from 250-300 to 900-1.2k first 2 hits and 1500ish non crits on f18 (per hit with lv8 or 9 growl bullet). I'm roughly 170 dex and 16 str and int 10 with 10* lv 60 guns lv54.

I want to compare damages of type A with type B skills.

12. Innfectious

Innfectious Link

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    I have Type B on all skills (no issues with this setup though I do wish to make a few changes) but anyways, I am lvl 68 now with 139 STR only with a 9* lvl 60 gun in main hand and a 6* lvl 60 gun in off hand. My damage varies depending on health due to Revenger's passive so heres a basic run-down of my growl bullet.

Note: The numbers I'm about to give are in that general area of damage, and obviously change depending on the specific mob I am fighting as they have different defenses. And the numbers I am listing are damages done to the mobs with less m.def. (seems the Brownie and Pigman have the same m.def) I do 200 less damage on the Hidro.

Full HP - 1st hit: 1300 2nd hit: 1300 3rd hit: 1700

Half HP - 1st hit: 1500 2nd hit: 1500 3rd hit: 2200

Critically Low HP - 1st hit: 1700 2nd hit: 1700 3rd hit: 2500

As you can see, and as you may already know, Revenger's passive really makes a difference so I always like to fight with my HP always remaining under half. As for the changes I mentioned at the beginning. Instead of having each skill with magic attribute, I want to have 2 skills be magic and 2 skills remain physical. More specifically:

Blitz Impulse: Type A (More damage/physical)
    Growl Bullet: Type A (More damage/physical)
    Victim Rain: Type B (Magic damage)
    Death Roar: Type B (Magic damage)

This is my personal preference but as stated before, Type B on each skill is also working really well for me. If what Ace144 said about Type C is true, regarding the damage cut for both physical and magic damage, I would suggest/recommend avoiding it UNLESS you have very powerful weapons to make the damage cut negligible or have the stats to back it up. (Looking at you heavy crysta case users)

Oh and can someone let me know how many crystals are needed for this class so I can edit the first post?

13. ajjj

ajjj New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    kissme
    Level:

What level are your skills?

My lv9 growl on f18 does

Full hp-1200 2x then 1650-1800
    Half hp-1300 2x then 2250
    Critically low-1500, 1600 then 2570

My lv 60 10* guns are lv61ish now and I'm now 150+16 dex and 2+15 str

14. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I can't confirm the lower damage, but I do want to ask if you experience an attack and magic attack down symbol when fighting with the Type B. On the other thread, every time he used a skill from this class he got the buff, but he also got an attack and magic attack decrease with it. (He chose type C for all skills.)

If this debuff is on Type B, then it is most likely a bug or a visual error. If it is not, then it was most likely what I stated earlier.

Even with the slight attack down buff, it is still a good branch. The ability to have both types of attacks is an excellent way throw off people in PvP. Balanced armor would be the only real way to counter it, but that leaves you vulnerable to the stronger STR based skills from the other Revenger class.

15. Innfectious

Innfectious Link

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    With type B I get these buffs/debuffs
    +m.atk
    +INT
    -m.atk
    -m.atk
    Also in my little experience with Type C, my damage was reduced by half. 600s became 300s on both victim rain and death roar. Though someone else may have different results. It was a half cut for me personally.
    (Can you tell me the amount of xtals needed for this class so I can update OP)

Blitz Impulse: Lvl 7
    Growl Bullet: Lvl 8
    Victim Rain: Lvl 8
    Death Roar: Lvl 8

Hmm, I may possibly take back some of my negativity towards Type C. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention but after watching Mima's video I only just now realized his skills hit twice with each hit which would seem to make my argument of low damage negligible although a little more testing would be necessary. I've already used up my reskill but I am now tempted to purchase another.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
  16. ajjj

ajjj New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    kissme
    Level:
    I had type c and I don't recall it hitting twice? Even if it does it seems pointless since I do 3x to 4x the damage with type A. Although I've been told type c is great in pvp long as ur not pure dex build but I nvr pvp so I have no clue.

P.s. I nvr got a int buff using type c. I assume it's cuz I have 0 str stat but I donno

17. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    The skills them self have two phases to it (soul blader) this is what allowed them to use that int to str augmentation skill. While i havent checked my sources nor used the class (phantom gunner) yet my self. It should be tested to see if this is the case before branching and afterwords for branches B and C or if the skill uses a mixture of AR instead. Cause if the branches them selfs alter the stats needed to decide the stat for damage then depending how they define the AR for C and the AR for A/B (cause i asume the AR for C will differ from A and B) should also be looked into.

Because i play heavy into utility skills and classes when playing any RPG, i agree whole heartily and highly suggest they listen to this even a little.

It sounds like its behaving much like elfeen's skill buffer. Which lasts at most 2 seconds.

EDIT: finally read all the posts between both threads (which will later be consolidated into one). The behavior of this class looks like they pulled inspiration from many classes. Namely soul blader, men utilization classes from wanderer, and lastly elfeen.

Correct me if i am wrong as i am only stating this for you testers or theorizers. For banch C sounds like it has two stages in the skill animation (i asume for the multi hit skills) much like soul blader. A portion of the animation will be for atk based while the last half (or first half...cant say which goes first :p ) being Matk. As mentioned this branch may alter the AR (for those who dont know attack rating) of the skill or the section that deals Atk and the other section that deals Matk.

While branch B pulls from elfeen and bard's momentary buffing. The rate that depends on the user's str (judging by ajjj's comments how he does not use it) and buffs its on a multiplicative scale depended on STR.

18. Innfectious

Innfectious Link

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    After watching Mima's video, I definitely agree that the multi-hit skills animation is doing a portion of Atk and another portion doing Matk. However in the case of Blitz Impulse and Growl Bullet, with Type C, those skills clearly had a second damage fly up right after the original hit if you watch closely. With Type B Blitz Impulse hits one time, with Type C it hit twice. Type B Growl Bullet hits 3 times while with Type C it hit 6 times.

19. Ayasami

Ayasami New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Zyra
    Level:
    Does this mean that type A is the lesser of the three? Sort of not sure what to do now.

20. ShafiUsman

ShafiUsman New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Lust
    Level:
    Which type should I use for phantom gunner skill?