1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Responsibility and Benefits of being a Guild Master

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by Emilito, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Emilito

Emilito Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Emilito
    Level:
    I am very new to playing RPG Games and this is my first one Avabel. I been reading alot in this forum to understand how it works and how can I make my character stronger. It has been really tough but the journey was rewarding and really fun.

One of my dillema is about Guilds!

I thought joining one will help me complete my quest efficiently and easily but I was wrong. I been doing it alone probably because I joined a guild that is not very active.

Secondly, I thought having a guild can give you more cool weapons, armors or more gold. But again it is still not working out for me. hahahaha No idea where they keep the stash!

Lastly, I thought having a guild can be more fun because you have teammates to party with but then again it has been very silent. :)

Anyway, I was hoping to build my own guild but I already joined one and I do not know how to cancel my membership. hahaha I will surely welcome anyones advise here!

Once I am out and have created my own Guild, my next question would be. What are the responsibilities and benefits of being a guild leader or master? Is it worth it to start a new one or it is much better to find an active guild with active member? Well? What say you?

2. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Its hard starting a guild if you'll do it alone. You need someone to help you and to share your ideals with. Atleasr 1 trustworthy person. Wud be better if he's a close friend.

Btw, you can quit your guild by going to guild window.
    Community>Guild>Members
    Scroll down and earch for your name. Click it and you'll see a Leave button there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph

Joseph Line ID: get_murked Gold Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I started mine from the bottom... I reckon either rolo or I should make a guide on being a gm even though rolo isn't one that rolo'd effect would be entertaining XD

4. Tsuken

Tsuken Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Tsuken
    Level:
    Guild:
    The Shade
    Leave your guild, and join The Shade.

I am beyond pleased you mention "responsibilities" in lieu with Leading a Guild, since most if not every guild leader I have met since coming back to this game has zero conscern for what responsibilities come in line with leading. All of your unfortunate experiences have come from an inability to properly lead.

Furthermore, the larger and more established guilds maintain their size merely off of reputation and glory.

Exactly what a guild is and how to lead one, is up for debate and the subject comes with a variety of views and opinions. For the sake of this response, I'll keep it to the bare basic functions and add my opinions after.

The Primary Functions

A guild serves as a collective unit of players who have similiar goals and ideals. For the most basic function, to inform its new members and players of the "ropes", to assist with questing and farming, and to give a more comradic feel to the game.

In an intermediate function, it serves as a team to PvP and GvG with, and grow collectively as a unit towards the growth and development of each individual member.

Mechanically, you gain stat benefits up to +5 for every stat and increased benefits of; Attack/Def/Speed, Reduction to damage in PvP, increased profit from shop sales, and a few other miscelanious bonuses based on guild level and active membership.

As for my personal opinions;

A guild leader has Three primary responsibilities:
    1.) The active recruitment of new members. An inactive and dead guild is solely the fault of a leaders poor recruiting skills.

2.) Maintain a drive and direction for the group as a whole. To motivate players to WANT to be better, stronger, higher level, for the sake of the guild.

3.) To assist in the development of each member, as a guild is nothing without members. This includes build advise, helping members to obtain adequate equipment and avatar, etc, alk of course within reason (noone is a personal servant)

Some guilds are social, some competitive, some casual, some more serious.

(The Shade is a social active casual PvP guild, for the record lol)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Joseph

Joseph Line ID: get_murked Gold Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    That's an excellent rundown of a good gm I would also like to add that a good gm shouldn't be a slave driver in other words understanding meaning that they realize this is just a game and real world should be a priority and if they are unable to attend a even due to personal problems they should be OK with that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Emilito

Emilito Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Emilito
    Level:
    Your answer is very helpful. I did that last night and now i created my own guild. Cebuanos...hahahahha Now I will go out and recruit and have fun. ;) Thank you ..

7. Emilito

Emilito Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Emilito
    Level:
    If only I can give you 100 thumbs-up... Very informative. I have created my own guild called Cebuanos the objective is to gather fellow Cebu players and party in and out of game. hahhahahah thank you Bro.

8. Emilito

Emilito Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Emilito
    Level:
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. ;)

9. Emilito

Emilito Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Emilito
    Level:
    Above we have informative information about guild masters responsibility. Now I want to know the benefits! I notice there are skills that can be unlock right? Also, what is the use of GP? Anyone?

10. Effty

Effty Effty

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Effty
    Level:
    Guild:
    Effty
    Gp is used to acquire those skills.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Digikairi

Digikairi Pink Gunslinger

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Bahamut
    Level:
    Guild:
    demons
    Also, random dungeon is a good way to rack up gp using mystery stones. I started a guild recently too, and it can be a handful but so far worth it :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tsuken

Tsuken Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Tsuken
    Level:
    Guild:
    The Shade
    The skills give a passive bonus of up to +5 to each stat and the other bonus' mentioned in my response under Mechanical Benefits

13. Twonx

Twonx New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Twonx
    Level:
    How do I create a guild?

14. Cant Think Of One

Cant Think Of One Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    1.Go to Guild NPC
    2.You must be lvl10 or higher and have 5k gold

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. vampros

vampros New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    vampros
    Level:
    Guild:
    NIGHTCHILD
    EXCELLENT ANSWER! I was in a guild for awhile, and for about three weeks we sat on having only four-five members, lost two members because there was no participation among many members. And finally we dropped down to four or five members with only about 2-3 active, one being myself. That's when I decided to start my own guild, and the first day we have four active members :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. LuisSan

LuisSan Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    NoName
    Level:
    Guild:
    Non
    One problem "... I have tried my ass off so hard to create and join guilds, but it would never progress, I've disbanded about 9 guilds since I've started playing this game, and the only guild I ever had With 10+ member where all inactive, so I just left and gave the responsibility to someone else. eventually I just gave up on joining or creating guilds...

17. x1122

x1122 New Member

Hello mate its true that its really hard to find a good and better guild for freshmens like us.
    each player looking for strong guilds. And almost all guilds looking for strong players.

for us that has no idea about the game need someone to ask or ppl who give us info about the game .

but every guild is no fun without parting or playing jammjng talking with others .

me and my friend decide to start a new guild for all new like us .
    we are recruiting lvl 30+ players cause 30 below is still not sure about the character if they are going to continue or what .

looking for members is so bad idea . I suggest you make a party while leveling and talk with your party be friendly and try to ask them if they want to join your guild .

dont expect they join cause other players has a permanent guild like those strong ones that make new characters .

i hope i help .

18. Twonx

Twonx New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Twonx
    Level:
    I own a very active guild. Liberty.

19. zangestsu

zangestsu Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ToSirO
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Well my guild master singlehandedly builded his guild madw it +5 all stats he got he wanted to do tower so he joined wrexker id and gave me responseability over the guild amd made me guild master of salvatore rank 4 guild i am the most active amd cooperative player i always help new members with advice and so on when the guild reqches 50 members i will begin selective recruiteing at the moment there are 30+ members most 50+ and like 5+ lv70+s anyone is welcomw to jojn so if you do want to join then join through the guild board

20. Julie Ava

Julie Ava Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ava
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murking
    it's hard to gather a lot actives.....ppl tends to be more active before 60. Few is going to make beyond 70. that's why u see a lot of active guild with basic classes then all of a sudden become inactive. then ppl managed to make to high lvls tends to leave their original guild sinc there are more actives in high lvl guilds. who wants to be the only few high lvl actives in the guild :) since u cant barely find any activities to do with ur guildmates coz lvl gap. then u help low lvl mates to quest....then they became inactive around 50-60....

• Agree Agree x 2