1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Re-updated! Guide for beginners: newbie-friendly - now also with screenshots

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by GJO, Aug 4, 2014.

?

Would adding screenshots to this guide be of added value to you?

Poll closed Mar 16, 2015.
  1. Yes, screenshots would make it easier to understand.

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No, screenshots would not be of added value to me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, in fact; I think screenshot would be annoying/scrolling too much.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm Batman.

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. jeremyI

jeremyI New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    jsorc
    Level:
    this might be not needed for newbies but would you add some detailed info about rushes? rewards, lvl req and penalties and such. also i didnt get clear were to farm gear. this is way helpfull as it is, i wouldnt ragequit when i started with this info

2. GJO

GJO Doesn't Hassle the Hoff

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Thanks for your feedback! I've currently got my hands full with testing elements, but I'll start working on information about rushes, dungeons and such after :)

To answer your most urgent questions as far as I can:
    • Maximum reward for each rush is gained at 600 total kills or more.
    • You will only gain a small fraction of the reward if you have less than 10% of the total kills in the rush. (Courtesy to @MiyaLi-chan)
    • You will lose 5% of the Rush reward for every time you die during that rush. It is NOT deducted from your current EXP (as a normal death would), just from the rush reward. (Courtesy to @KaOtiC).
    Sorry I don't know the rewards by heart, but here are the levels:
    • Rush 0: any
    • Rush 1: 30+
    • Rush 2: 45+
    • Rush 3: 60+
    I can't answer your question about gear farming. Sword/Armor challenge dungeons are a source, but I have no clue of its rewards and difficulty. If you are looking for junk gear, farm f13 or f18 on ch1 (most popular grind floors; join a share party and your bag will be full in the blink of an eye).

• Like Like x 1
  3. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Once again updated! It's been quite a while since I had written feedback to point me towards the shortcomings of this guide. I've added a chapter about the topics where I know this guide is lacking. I hope the added/altered features are an improvement, and I'm looking forward to more feedback.

11. Changelog

Version 1.1, altered on September the 11th, 2014
    • Added minor information about Tower NPC and allies
    • Corrected name of Hairdresser Marl NPC
    • Replaced information about elemental dungeons
    • Corrected information about DEX
    • Added information to evolving gear about 6 stars and higher gear.
    • Added subchapter regarding achievements
    • Added subchapters regarding creating orbs and shining element stones
    • Added chapter and subchapters regarding elements
    • Added KNOWLEDGE and minor tips to scam warnings.
    • Added subchapter regarding buying/selling Premium items.
    • Added people to Special thanks.
    Version 1.1.2 (in progress), altered on February the 11th, 2015
    • Added screenshots to Quest Dungeon section.
    • Added 'rarely occurring chat bug' to chat section.
    • Slight alteration to information regarding rush: 10% rule & kill share for daily achieves.
    • Removed outdated information about kill share in rush.
    • Added screenshots to chat section.
    • Added screenshots to Revere section.
    • Tagged @koku_rou142, so people can find his build guides more easily.
    Version 1.1.3 (in progress), altered on March the 23rd, 2015
    • Added chapter 4.f: Mastering a skill.
    • Added chapter 4.f to Table of Contents.
    • Added screenshots to MS Word document as well.
    • Minor layout improvements to MS Word document.
    • Specified lost experience upon dying to 5%.
    • Specified lost experience in rush upon dying to 5%.
    Version 1.2, altered on March the 27th, 2015
    • Added chapter 10: ‘What this guide lacks – pointing you towards others.’
    • Edited chapter layout accordingly.
    • Edited table of contents accordingly.
    • Added One Handed Rods, Two Handed Rods, One Handed Spears, Two Handed Spears and Shields to chapter 5.a.
    Slight edit, 26/9/2015:
    • Note regarding skills in elements striked through; needs to be verified.
    • Added None as element in Element section.

PS screenshots to clarify trade will be added as soon as the trade bug is fixed.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Zucrea

Zucrea Pride & Wrath

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Paragon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    @GJO great job with this. Now if we could only sticky it to the stall in game so players are forced to read it before ava/xtal begging..

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Thank you very much ^-^ Ugh yeah ikr. Begging should be fined with the value of the item they are begging for :bag:

6. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Rush1: 080k Exp + 15k Jexp ¦ [8x (13 DP)] 640k Exp + 120k Jexp
    Rush2: 100k Exp + 17k Jexp ¦ [7x (15 DP)] 700k Exp + 119k Jexp
    Rush3: 150k Exp + 21k Jexp ¦ [6x (17 DP)] 900k Exp + 126k Jexp

I made this list a while back then, when I first started to try Mastering my Wizard. I still use the list. :p

EDIT: The rewards before the " ¦ " are the Maximum rewards per rush round.

To add some explanation to the info behind the " ¦ ":

Rush1: 8x13 = 104 DP This would exceed the Maximum 100 DP, BUT by the time you have made 7 rushes already, you'd be able to do an extra rush
    (7x13=91; 9 DP left. 4x5=20 minutes, which you have to wait for +4 DP to get 9+4=13 DP for that extra round. So after your 4th round you'll exceed minumum 20 minutes already, so you would likely have another "13 DP" after your 4th run).
    Because of that, I added 1 more round in the list to get a full times-in-a-row rounds.
    Same for what I did at Rush 2 and Rush 3.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Yorunome

Yorunome New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Funiba
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valar
    This is a wonderful guide by all means! If you don't mind, then as a suggestion, I would like to say that the title is a bit off for all the important information this thread provides. If it's name had been something like "Everything you need to know while playing Avabel" or anything that might reflect the massive nature of this thread, it will attract more readers, not only those who skim through the forum posts, but also who use Google to quickly navigate to the forum.

8. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestions :D That's always welcome :)
    I don't think my guide has EVERYTHING you need to know, since you'll always crave more in-depth knowledge as you progress :) Besides that, I'd feel a bit conceited claiming to have the knowledge to everything in Avabel ;)
    Your suggestion is still very helpful though; I'll try adding a chapter with keywords so people who Google will stumble upon it as well :D

9. Yorunome

Yorunome New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Funiba
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valar
    But there's still a hell lot of information that doesn't comes across easily, apart from the PvP of course. It's more like an extension to the Helpbook of the game. In that regard it's quite complete, or almost if there's still something that us low level players have yet to come across. Me and my friend both frequent to this forum but the first time I came across this thread because of the redirect. I hope this post gets more recognition in the future and that newbies like me don't make silly mistake of posting questions which have already been dealt in posts like these ^_^

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Smiggels

Smiggels New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Smiggs
    Level:
    Thank you!!! Oh god, FINALLY!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Pito

Pito Member

Class:
    Creator
    Guild:
    RageQuit
    Hi Geert, hope you don't mind me clarifying something. For elements would your statement above means that if an earth element weapon attack an earth element armor, there would be no increase or decrease in attack?

I might be wrong but I recall @~Rayleigh mentioned that if the armor has the same element as the weapon, it would defend/reduce the damage received. However, it would not reduce the damage as much as the opposing element (e.g. earth weapon vs fire armor).

I've also read (again I might be wrong) that any element weapon when hitting none element armor will increase in damage output.

12. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    I can give examples to help make ppl understand. I will attack with fire to all 7 elements.

Fire agenst none(yes none is considered a element...it is just "void" )= does more

fire agenst fire= no extra or less damage done, basic means none vs none lol

Fire vs wind = same as above becuase it nither hinders or strangthens the effects of fire

Fire vs water= oh crap hella ton less damage.

Fire vs earth= ahahahaha burn baby burn

Fire vs light/dark= again basicly none vs none

I found a chart that may help you see it more clearly. http://www.hkgavabel.wiki/type

Also this may come as a sirprise elements have "star" ratings as well. Those shining elemental stones, even though the effect is tempory, it has higher lethality in its effects. This means those elemental shining 5 stones will hurt like hell if on a weapon or take all kinds of damage (or make it worse). I first saw it on the same page and tested it my self to see. By god it has some potincy.

13. Pito

Pito Member

Class:
    Creator
    Guild:
    RageQuit
    Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm using google translate. When I see the chart, from (http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-TW&u=http://www.hkgavabel.wiki/type&prev=search) fire vs fire there is a harm reduction.

This is so confusing. hahaa..

14. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
  15. Pito

Pito Member

Class:
    Creator
    Guild:
    RageQuit
    This is the quote I took from enchanter guide by Innosan. I guess we might just have to test it out again. I could try it out when I have wifi (not that soon i'm afraid) as I'm planning to put elements on my armor. So, probably gonna need a mage to hit me before and after. Im sure @GJO is very much like to hit me for trashing his lovely thread. :D

Perhaps we should discuss in elements section.

16. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    or you can try it in Random Dungeon also back when there was only one Element Dungeon I also Tested Element+once again is the Reason why Me, @GJO, @Innosan, and others are Setting up to do an Dual Wielding Element Experiment as well to get the True Results of Elements Vs Elements.
    Also if Read the chart you notice that Fire, Water, Earth, Wind has 2 Reduction against 2 Element(itself and it Counterpart) while Light and Dark has only 1 Reduction.

17. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Whatever happened to assuming that I'm right? I do it all the time and it works perfectly for me :p
    @Pito, @~Rayleigh & @Leo Striker thanks for picking up on the incorrect info and digging up the correct stuff ^^
    I'll edit it right away.

18. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    I've edited the info into this:
    Note: if you hit an opponent with Earth, and that opponent is Earth element, the damage will be slightly lower than when there were no elements involved. This applies to Fire, Water, Earth and Wind. Light/Dark only have disadvantages against each other.

I reread some more, and found some other stuff I'm starting to doubt:
    NOTE: Adding an element bowl to your weapon, and using an elemental skill with that weapon cancels out the elements. So using the skill ‘Water Pole’ with a Dark element rod would make the damage as if there weren’t any elements involved, which means you can no longer use elements to your advantage.

Also edited this part:
    TIP: Now ideally, you’d want your armor to have no weakness at all. This is possible; add Light element to one armor piece, and Dark element to another. That way the effects of Light and Dark are cancelled out, and you are well protected against the remaining elements. EDUCATED GUESS; TO BE TESTED.

19. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Haveing a dark weapon with a water element attack would not alter the skill damage in anyway. Useing water weapon with water skill does increase it (from what iv heard from marcoco and a few others, never looked into this aspect). At one time they said duel weilding the same element increases its effects slightly further (again gotteb from the same resorce).

Useing elemental weapon will turn any none elemental into said element, even magic that claims to be forever non elemental (things like scud soul from base class mage).

20. YumeNii

YumeNii New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    YumeNii
    Level:
    Thank You