1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Raven Skill+Build Guide

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by Leo Striker, Sep 24, 2014.

1. STROKE™

STROKE™ Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    STROKE™
    Level:
    Well ideally, one as a Ro would and should go for the strength option of lvl6 skills as Rogues are rather squishy due to needing above average Dex to be able to take advantage of duplex andcrit chance to be able to do some pretty outstanding numbers before dying as they receive rather low HP each level compared to other classes.

My rogue is a balanced build that has;
    70+17 Dex to have made min=max (3 points over due to Sr passive)
    30+13 vit (with Sr passive )
    53+14 str (with Sr passive to which from 70-100 I am doing nothing but Str until all classes are maxed at which point my final class will be Db from for the +4 Dex it has from passive so I can remove the two +2 Dex rings I have and still have min=max on Dex and begin saving for two +12 str rings to end at 137 str and slap on monster orbs to hit 140 str for the hidden bonus).

2. Matt Died

Matt Died New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    keroT
    Level:
    Since i plan on making shinobi my final, i think ill go with power type, same as gear blade. Besides, if i already have gear blade, i wont need claw bite to cd so early, and vice versa. Wat type dirgebringer u got tho? Im thinkin shorter cast time.

3. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Rouges are not squishy, they have the second highest hp count of the game. I have repeated this loads of times and others have said it. As to def/mdef a mage can have as much def as a warrior and a warrior can have as much

4. STROKE™

STROKE™ Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    STROKE™
    Level:
    You didn't read what was said. What was said is that they are squishy if one intends to make a rogue that has moderate to high duplex rate and critical chance to put up amazing numbers. Meaning less than 20 total vit, 80+ Dex, 100+ str.

5. STROKE™

STROKE™ Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    STROKE™
    Level:
    And I say that because if one PvPs regularly, they know the first one a you gang up on is an Ac to out damage their heals, the Crs to take out their stuns early, then the Ros because once they hide if they have the movement skill maxed there is no way to know where they went unless you get lucky. Plus Ros have their duplex and high crit rates which makes them one of the biggest threats in PvP.

6. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Same deal with crit rate, it is also blanketed accross all classes execpt the ones with crit passives or skills or skill branches.

point one of my statement before.

point two of statement before, note you used plural which contradicts my statement above. Only ONE class is better in terms of hp. TWO classes are better in terms of sp.

I dont see it "requiring" dex. It just favors it. Secondly like the rest of the classes your damage output even with duplex (becuase how it works agenst def) will not boost your attack by as much as you imply. It is so negligible that it wont make much differance in the long hual. It may even save you from redcuing stun chances from creator if you dont rely on duplex.

Crit chance is also the same accross the bored for this game untill skills, passives and skill branches. As mentioned in first half of this post.

this statement hints that you are being basied about the data you have given. If you want to get on me about reading...becareful what you post around me. I will pick it apart in detail for everone to read reguardless.

Edit: for whatever reasons my quote box has merged... this issue is fixed

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. Matt Died

Matt Died New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    keroT
    Level:
    If anybody comes wonderin about it, long range and increased dmg branch of claw bite is amazin. Perfect for rangers, mages, and runners. Just gotta deal with that ridiculus cd. Long range raven dagger is also cool.

8. STROKE™

STROKE™ Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    STROKE™
    Level:
    Just longer range in general is nice in PvP. I see a lot of players that use it mid air followed by hawk assault to get an enemy to roll followed by gearblade. Seems to be the best combo.

9. 3nG

3nG Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Hello.. Is it ok if i choose 1st raven adv class or SR 1st?? Then 2nd assassin??

10. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    the order of Adv Class you go to is up to you it just it better to go Rv or Sr then choose the one that wasn't your Adv Class and then Proceed in any order you want.

11. 3nG

3nG Member

Class:
    Rogue
    I watch raven class on youtube. Raven dagger has no cd and continues use. Than SR gearblade has cd..

So.... Raven can levelup faster and grinding floors faster than SR?? Or i'm wrong.. -.-

I read all comments that Raven and SR must use 1h sword than daggers?? Can you explain much more further??

Sorry for all questions i'm new to rogue class..:) btw i'm building rogue pure dex..:)

12. STROKE™

STROKE™ Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    STROKE™
    Level:
    Sr I personally would say levels faster just because Rv feeds off dark weapons. It really is just a matter of preference, but I prefer Sr because it lags a LOT less than Rv in PvP which is a plus if you are looking at low lvl PvP plus it doesn't require an orb to obtain.

13. Sid!!

Sid!! Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Level:
    Raven Dagger indeed has no cd, but in exchange it will eat alot of your sp (No cd skills are so addicting to spam); gearblade deals more dmg than raven dagger, another is that, gearblade's cd is manageable.

Leveling up would depend on what floor you are grinding i think.

Either way would do, whatever you want. 1h sword would deal better dmg than daggers, but if you are going SR there is one skill that aint usable with sword which is dagger lance (dagger only skill). But if you are going RV first then you can either use a sword o a dagger without sacrificing a skill. Rumor has it that daggers are faster than swords, but it is slightly noticeable.

Goodluck building your dex rogue. Save lots of gold you'll need it to buy good gears in order to make a dex rogue very effective.

14. 3nG

3nG Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Now i'm SR., you'll said its fast to lvl and not consumed too much sp.. Maybe i'll go with this pattern SR>RV>AS>RD..is this good??

BTW guys. I'm confused about what will i use between 1h sword & daggers. Some say's 1h sword is better others is daggers. Then I'd tested my rogue lv50 (dex build) at 11th floor Lavi lv51 mobs. And this is my result on critical hits using SR gearblade lv2 (i wanna share it):

1h sword (full cutlass lv1 3*) = 140-151 critical hits

1 dagger (main gauche lv1 3*) = 118-129 critical hits

2 daggers (main gauche lv1 3*) =117-128 critical hits

1h sword & dagger = 129-140 critical hits

1h sword & shield (def30 lv20 2*) = 126-135 critical hits

I didn't test 2 1h sword because other cutlass sword 3* is so OP..luckily I buy 1pc that coz 150k only (poor on gold I've have 400k only >.< )

So.. 1h sword is the best thing in SR class maybe on RV too (soon) :)

Therefore if i mastered 1st SR then 2nd RV adv class using 1h sword., on my 3rd is AS that may used of daggers?? Oh my.....SR & RV skills will be low on crits hits.. >.<

(raven skills is so cool. It's like Itachi Uchiha's jutsu :) i will master SR fast ;-))

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Sr has GearBlade+BullTrap+Dagger Lance all able to take out Target(s) what Raven has is Claw Bite which Debuffs Target(s) DEF&MDEF as such all of your Skills do more Damage in overall Raven is Better cause of it Debuff Skill which Increase all of your Attack Type Skills while Storm Raider Give you Skills with Wide Ranges in them.
    Dagger for being able to use all of the Skills from each Adv Class, Sword can be use by Skills that aren't Dagger/Dual Dagger Skills the thing about Raven is it doesn't have an Skill that is Dagger/Dual Dagger only so you can continue to using 1h Sword and still be able to use all the Skills.
    Also most Skills that are Dagger/Dual Dagger Skill are Multi-Hit Skills so the Decrease in Dmg is Amplify with more Hits.

16. Sid!!

Sid!! Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Level:
    1 1h sword is nice, dual wielding 1h sword is just waste of gold atm. 1h sword + shield will nerf your dmg by 10%. Dual wielding daggers is not necessary too unless you are assassin or you are rich.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    You do have a fairly noticable decrease in cooldowns if you go dagger from sword. Id keep this in mind. If you want higher damage per hit, swords will be your friend. If you was dps or quicker cooldowns in genrual as well as complete access to every rouge skill (though you will still have a lot with swords) then go dagger.

Anything + sheild does that lol. Plus assasin doesnt require duel daggers unless you want to use twin rumble and or 7 sword. Raiden can use both duel dags and duel swords but it has to be duel.

Honestly i let this lad try some stuff and come to his own choice for a little bit.

18. 3nG

3nG Member

Class:
    Rogue
    @Leo Striker
    Dex orb 5 is hard to obtain unless i buy it from the store, my friend offer me 4m but the price of dex orb 5 is 5.5m-7m >.< so i save 4m for that orb. i end up choosing SR.. What floor should i farm for fast gold? Except treas dungeon..Any idea??
    The... daggers/dual dagg can hits more than sword/dual sword??

@sid
    You're right..dual wield cost alot..I'm not rich but i have 4m saving it for dex orb..

@rayleigh
    Decrease cooldown using daggers?? Didn't notice it..wow...

19. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Sell things you have/Obtain that worth in Stall, Farm on Floors, or I just give you one if I still have one leftover.

20. 3nG

3nG Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Thanks. Your a good person. But i will buy it for you. Dex orb 5 is hard to obtain.. :)