1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Ranger's Skills on PvP (w/ FAQ's)

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by marcocococo, Jun 25, 2014.

1. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Aovan made a basic guide for Ranger build ups but its more of a PVE style.
    http://avabelforums.com/threads/gun-bow-ranger-skills-build-ups.163/

People look for PvP info, only ending up with the advanced classes and can't find some guides for basic Ranger's skills on pvp. So i thought of separating them from advanced classes' skills. Here's a pvp version(end game) of aovan's thread.

~~~~~~~~~
    Charge Shot
    Charge Shot A: "Far distance type with faster speed and longer firing distance"
    Charge Shot B: "Enhanced type with one powerful blow by charging longer."
    Charge Shot C: "Auto fire type that converts charge time to SP and shortens the charging"
    -
    Charge shot is not always used on pvp's. Long charging time + difficulty om aiming. You can choose whatever branch you like since it wont affect you much on pvp. But i suggest you take on type A. Having super long ranged skills can come im handy at some times.

~~~~~~~~~
    Fall Burst
    Fall Burst A: "Type with decreased cool time and lower chance to get attacked.
    Fall Burst B: "Spread type that widens the attack range."
    Fall Burst C: "Fire power type with major increase of attack power during HIT. Hard to use with long cool time and rigor."
    -
    This skill is a must on pvp. Branch depends on how you play. You can charge it but itll be better if you wont.
    Type A gives the least rigor, means you can dodge right away even before the bomb you threw explodes. Suits well on defensive plays.
    Type B gives the best aoe. It hits more accurately than the 2 branches. If type A is a dodge type, this one is a hit type.
    Type C less area and longer rigor than the previous types but deals more damage. This is for people who are confident with their aiming skills. Damage difference is noticeable at high level fights.

~~~~~~~~
    Combo Blow
    Combo Blow A: "Continuous type that holds the kick back after the move"
    Combo Blow B: "Attack type with more spinning and more fire power"
    Combo Blow C: "Type that blows off the enemy far away with force and takes distance."
    -
    Not a required skill when pvp'ing. Ppl use this skill for fun. Long casting+poor range makes it a bad pvp skill. Tho it might be useful on some circumstances. Choose type C on this since what you want is the knockback effect, not the damage. Increase in knockback range is noticeable.

~~~~~~~~~
    Wide Fangs
    Wide Fangs A: "Far distance type with more strength to make it fly more further."
    Wide Fangs B: "Expansion type that widens the attack range."
    Wide Fangs C: "Fire power type with more power instead of firing range"
    -
    Choose Type A is you want this skill as your ultimate ranged skill. Range will be insane.
    Type B and C are for mid range battles. Long casting time will make u vulnerable to enemy attacks so they're less recommended for beginners.

~~~~~~~~~
    Arrow Dust
    Arrow Dust A: "Saver type with holding consumed SP and decreasing cool time."
    Arrow Dust B: "Type that releases lots of arrows at once and makes the placed time longer."
    Arrow Dust C: "Fire power type with higher attack power and releasing a powerful blow."
    -
    Don't choose type A. This skill already have like 1 second cd. You dont need a cd less than 1 second since you still have some other skills to use. Type B is mainly for pvp. Longer lasting placement means more chances for you opponent to walk tru your arrow dust area.
    Type C gives damage boost. Best for farming but since this is a pvp thread, choose type B.

~~~~~~~~~
    Multi-Shot
    Multi-Shot A: "Wider attack range type with putting up more barrages."
    Multi-Shot B: "Type with concentrated fire with higher fire power."
    Multi-Shot C: "Type meant for continuous usage by shortening cool time."
    -
    Type A gives you more accurate hits compared to the other 2 branches. Wide range means more chances to land a hit. If you're good at aiming and you want power, choose Type B.
    Type C has the shortest cooldown.
    You can spam this skill with like 1 second gap. If you're a crit ranger, you might want to choose this type since it hits 6x compared to type A and B which only hit 5x. Take note that damage per hit on type C is lower but with it hitting 6x, it deals a total damage equal to type A.

~~~~~~~~~
    Long Scope
    Long Scope: "Improves firing performance, and extends the range of some skills. Extends range of thrown items for a period of time."
    -
    This is an important buff skill for rangers. Specially for gun users since they have short ranged skill. No branches.

~~~~~~~~~
    Crow Trap
    Crow Trap: "Sets a trap on the ground and stops opponents movement"
    -
    It doesnt stop you enemies. It will just slow them.down for 4-5 seconds. Maximum of 5 traps can be set at a time. Damage is not that high so what you want on this skill is the slow effect. Note: slowed down enemies will still have the same rolling speed.

~~~~~~~~~
    Blow Chain
    Blow Chain: "Gun only skill. Fires special shells forward generating continuous explosions."
    -
    A 3-hit close ranged gun skill. Gun skill that gives the highest total damage. Effective against melee opponents but you should be extra careful because you need to get very close to them to make all 3 hits land. No branches.
    Not much people know about this: Casting Long Scope before using this skill can give it an extra 4th hit (with proper aiming).

~~~~~~~~
    Ray Sting
    Ray Sting: " Bow only skill. Fires arrows with energy at once"
    -
    Second best skill for bow users next to Sniper's Spike Shot. You just need to aim well to make all hits land. No branches.

~~~~~~~~~
    Reduction
    Reduction: "Shortens time to charge skills. Increases shorten effects according to DEX"
    -
    Not a very important skill, except if you plan to be a Trap type. Needs a little jxp to max so just max it :)

That's all :)
    For advance classes guides, check these links.

Sniper, Gunslinger, Trap Gunner:
    http://avabelforums.com/threads/sni...inger-active-skills-with-their-branches.1045/
    Gambit:
    http://avabelforums.com/threads/gambit-skills-branches-w-pics.2021/

Ranger FAQ's (to be updated)
    Q: Which is better? Gun or Bow?
    A: Gun has short range but wide aoe. Bow has longer range but aoe is narrower. Choose what suits your style.

Q: Handgun or rifle?
    A: Handgun has more stable damage. It is used only if you're dual wielding or using a shield. Dual pistol is the advisable late game weapon for gunners because of the four weapon slots. Gun+shield is for people who value defense over attack since you'll lose damage while equipped with a shield.
    Rifle has less stable damage. Its dps and actual damage is greater than handgun's. You can use all 4 gambit skills with rifle so choose this if ur planning to be a Gambit.

Q: What is the best branch for Multishot? Wide fangs? Etc.
    A: Theres is no best branch, it all depends on how you play. Just read the branch descriptions and decide which one suits you. But if you wanna hear some suggestions, post it here or on any related threads.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Grawrz

Grawrz Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOLARS Inc
    Glad to see you posting guides again :D This is good information, even for non-pvpers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    *updated*
    Added some FAQ's.

• Like Like x 3
  4. conando98

conando98 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Zёro
    Level:
    Thanks. The FAQ helps alot for a total newbie like me :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Np, im glad it helped :)

6. DonYoKu

DonYoKu New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ♤Jøķëř♡
    Level:
    What do u mean when u say gunner have 4 weapon slot?

7. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    A weapon can only have a maximum of 2 slots.
    Dual wielding guns can give you 4 slots. 2 slots per gun.
    These slots are very important in late game since the best orbs are weapon orbs (roserus, barbaros, vshnida)

8. unigumo

unigumo New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    unigumo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Universal
    I'd like to add some facts. Combo blow is a rush skill, so if you have assist aiming on and your locked on your opponent you dash towards them. This is good to use on players who use skills with a long cast time.
    Wide fang A range is insane. When combined with long scope, I get hits off of ppl I don't even see. I just line up the dots on the mini map "you know you landed a hit if your screen shakes".
    Also I've noticed after the last major update that my blow chain is getting 5 hits without the long scope buff if I'm standing in front of them

9. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Assist is a very big NO for pvp, maybe yes to low level fights. You can still rush using Dash + Blow Chain with free cam.
    But yea, for Gunners who dont have Assault Barrage (cant do multi+barrahe combo), you can use Blow chain against casting enemies (like ma casting blizzard) to deal huge damage.

10. said

said New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    schiffon
    Level:
    Multi-Shot
    Multi-Shot A: "Wider attack range type with putting up more barrages."
    Multi-Shot B: "Type with concentrated fire with higher fire power."
    Multi-Shot C: "Type meant for continuous usage by shortening cool time."
    -
    Type A gives you more accurate hits compared to the other 2 branches. Wide range means more chances to land a hit. If you're good at aiming and you want power, choose Type B.
    Type C has the shortest cooldown.
    You can spam this skill with like 1 second gap. If you're a crit ranger, you might want to choose this type since it hits 6x compared to type A and B which only hit 5x. Take note that damage per hit on type C is lower but with it hitting 6x, it deals a total damage equal to type A.

regarding multi-shot branches, i took type B and it fires 6 times just like type C(according to your statement). i think the advantage of type C is shortening cooldown time, not more hit. unless its lag then it will only hit 5 times or even only 4. i did observe this on core tartargas inside treasure quest room offline mode.

11. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    When you lag it still hit 6x, numbers just overlap. Its advantage is "both" cd and a bonus hit.

Monsters that u hit for 1 damage per hit will be killed faster.
    And don't forget the stall effect when someone receive hits. The more hits you make, the longer your enemy will stall.

12. Unico Iho

Unico Iho New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Lorenzo
    Level:
    Where can i find the types for each skill bro? How can i use them? Im a total newbie here so please bear with me :)

13. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    get them to level 5 so you can unlock the branches.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ℉elix°•Avabel Wo®ld

℉elix°•Avabel Wo®ld Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    SpI®ItS
    Level:
    Hmm does fall burst B worth the spread rang? Or type A thanks^°^ I'm more of an pvp anyway:) sometimes pve and pvp so yep

15. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Spread for pvp. The area is really better but if you're confident with your aiming skills, why not try power type? :)

16. Root Toor

Root Toor Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    k81689
    Level:
    The only winning tactic of playing ranger without a mouse support is running, stop, aim and shoot and running, stop, aim and shoot .....
    The boss will not mad at me, but other PvP players will be extremely mad.
    There is no PvP for snipers, if you remove range.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    I beg to differ. Iv seen rangers of all three types play far and close and the ones that play close are more likely to land hits due to less time for the skills to travle and less time to react to said skills.

If you play far away from me, i can get close force you in a spot i want and land 2-4 hits before you get away. You will be wasting more time trying to keep far away then you do trying to make sure your attacks land onto me or someother target.

Its a new rpg for you. Try new things. Be a little more bold and a lot less clingy to your past exp.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Toketsu Hikari

Toketsu Hikari Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Toketsu
    Level:
    Wowzers what a guide.

@Root Toor
    Although you're class is a ranger in the game and ranger's specialize in range combat. Does it also mean you have to fight like one ;)?
    Just like how this guide is just a guide but doesn't mean you necessarily need to follow it or there isn't more to PvPing as a ranger then what's mentioned in this thread xD. (Though gotta say this thread does have a lot of helpful tips.)

As for PvPers who complain about a player running lool that's... old. x.x Can't possibly expect some1 to just stand there and say "I'll gladly sit here, sip a cup of tea, enjoy my last cup of ramen, make it easy for you and happily die by your hands". :D If you run, it's their job to pursue :blackalien: and in the end if you end up killing them. They have no right to complain that you were running xD. Cuz if you were running in that type of situation they wouldn't have died xD. ;)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Root Toor

Root Toor Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    k81689
    Level:
    Since I can not find any detail information, I did a lvl 25 ranger dual guns balance and all max in grass 2 to get some information.
    I did the recording and thought I could get couple videos for utube. I was wrong. One can only record one and must process it right away. The system will only save one copy. So it all write all over.

The weapon is store crag33 gun(vague memory). It is a lvl 20 store gun.
    Anyway, if my memory serves me right, I did
    STR max Attack around 100, got damaged about 40-60
    VIT max Attack around 60, damaged about 1 to 40(yes, ONE)
    INT max Attack around 60, damaged about 40-60
    MEM max Attack around 60, damaged about 40-60(matk damage is ONE)
    DEX max Attack around 60, damaged about 40-60, Crit does not increase a lot.
    Balance Attack around 80, damaged about 30-40
    I tried to kill monsters/boss and tried to be killed by monsters/boss.
    My conclusion is
    Occupation changes ony skills and weapons, not status.
    If you do not do max STR, you might as well do all balance or STR+VIT or even max VIT (=Tank Ranger)

When I did max VIT(Ranger Tank), I tried Combos Blow(lvl 2) with Tree Boss. I should show you the video. It is very funny. Who can imagine a Ranger kick boxing with a Tree Boss?

After writing this, I believe people will come out with Tank Rangers Aferican Wild Dogs pack group PvP. All attack, got hurt-> rest heal ->attack again

BTW. The tree boss does got kick back to gun range far end(same distance as Blow Chain). Have not tried flying bosses yet, but Blow Chain does kick it back to gun range far end.

Correction: I did a quick Occupation & Status points change and found out each Occupation has different HP/SP...
    https://www.kamcord.com/v/viuLAcLMEea

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015