1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Ranger Class (collection of posts)

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by dominicjwalsh, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Die4Honor

Die4Honor New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    D4H
    Level:
    2h gun(rifle) has more base damage than dual 1h guns, however, this also depends on how many advanced classes you have unlocked. Gunslinger should be the first class you unlock if you are a gun user. While you are a gunslinger, all of your skills are usable with both a rifle and dual 1h guns. After mastering gunslinger is when you should make your choice. I have mastered all gun classes and after trying everything, I recommend using dual 1h guns and unlocking double barrel. In my opinion, it is one of the best advanced classes in the game at this point in time. Its quickness combined with the dps(damage per second) output is perfect for both PvP(player vs player) and PvE(player vs environment). Yes, you will have to farm 3 evolution gangues from the advent dungeon, but I promise unlocking this class will be worth it. If advent isn't your thing, you also have the option of unlocking the class with 7 gems. Best of luck fellow rangers.

2. Paulminn

Paulminn New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Zoro
    Level:

Thank you so much for the detailed post. I have not tried advent dungeon. How strong of a party do we need?

3. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    You can take it on at Lv80+ Full party...But it'll still be inbalanced when facing those Bosses then.
    The most recommended Levels are Lv90-100 Full party to take on the Advent Dungeons (most party recruiting for Advent Dungeons are mostly Lv90-100 Players anyways too).

4. Emmaus143

Emmaus143 New Member

In Game Name:
    Heart
    Level:
    Question, I got like 800k+ jexp from doing rush. If I change class can I still use it or will it dissapear

5. aleph

aleph Active Member

6. Emmaus143

Emmaus143 New Member

In Game Name:
    Heart
    Level:
  7. Kstyle

Kstyle New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Kstyle
    Level:
    So is speed type better for pve and PvP?

8. AxionIII

AxionIII New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Axion
    Level:
    Yea so i'm new to the game and leveled up to 31 as a ranger and wondered if their was a guide on weapons specifically bows since i plan on going down that route. I've check the forums but couldn't find one on it so can anyone give me tips or hints or direct in that direction. Thanks guys.

9. aleph

aleph Active Member

Welcome to the forums. I don't think there's a guide specifically about bows. Having said that, the nature of Avabel is such that all weapons behave pretty much the same aside from the way they look, class and skill restrictions. Have a look at my equipment guide (http://avabelforums.com/threads/alephs-guide-to-equipment-part-1-basics.1028/). It's long and old but most of the info is still good. I highly recommend that you also read through any guides written by @GJO. They are long and detailed and fantastic.
    Unfortunately I can't really help you with that, but have a look through the guild section of the forum and see if any have had recruiting-related postings in the last month or so.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. AxionIII

AxionIII New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Axion
    Level:
    thanks man i appreciate it

11. Tyrion$

Tyrion$ Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Tyrion
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    I guess I should update this. I have now also mastered Sniper and Elfeen. I then went back to Gambit and am 1 skill away from mastering that, too. Then, I need another gangue to unlock another class. In the meantime, I may just switch to trap gunner, so I can use its hidden skill, Blast Trigger, which is devastating and can't be set on master skill.

I have used bows, 2 guns, and 2 handed guns. It is true, it really depends on the advanced class you want to use. But I always thought bows do a greater amount of damage, per second. And one problem with 2 handed guns, even though they have powerful attacks (in the gambit class), they take a long time to cool down and the skills use up a lot of sp. Meanwhile, for bows, you can get some decent skills early on and keep using them throughout.

I suggest you just use whatever weapons/classes you are most comfortable with, because by the time you get to level 80s-90s, you will have mastered all the non-gangue required adv. classes (assuming you do a bit of random dungeon, too). And since you can keep one mastered skill per class, you may want to consider switching between classes, depending on what you need to do or setting the mastered skill as something that is universal (for example the Blaster skill is a skill that can be used with guns and bow). And all Trap Gunner skills can be used with either guns or bow.

Another way to approach it too, is to simply use the best weapon that you have! If your best weapon is a 5 star gun for your current level, then use it!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
  12. Jungko

Jungko New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Limpo
    Level:
    Plz anyone help im sniper lv 74 str 108 dex 48 no basic skill for gun But sni skill max then i need to know i can switch to gunslinger ? cause i don't have int and don't like elffeen
    Should me create new char ? Or use jexp on sniper for basic skill gun ?

Sorry everyone for my bad english language TT im just try to askk :dead:

13. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    You have several options:
    1) Master your Sniper Class (Mastering all (4) Skills to Lv10) Then go back to the Advanced Class NPC in the Cities. It will ask you to set a Master Job Skill and choose a skill from Sniper that's not the Passive. Get Sharp and Hard Crystals to unlock Gunslinger (out of my resources it needs 40 Hard and 20 Sharp Crystals).
    This way you can have Gunslinger unlocked with one Sniper skill with you.

2) Directly go to unlock Gunslinger with 40 Hard and 20 Sharp Crystals in the Advanced Class NPC in the Cities. This way you cannot have a Sniper skill with you.

3) Get a Skill ring original from Gunslinger. xD

4) Up some Gun Skills from Basic Ranger Class (advised to check Jexp amount on your Ranger via the Advanced Class NPC; if it has enough, switch to Ranger and up some Basic Skills until you can't).

5) Make a second Character with as goal Ranger's Gunslinger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Don't worry about not having INT for Elfeen. (I'm using past knowledge.) Bows should currently have magic attack on them. The passive gives extra magic attack when using bows. Also every time you use an Elfeen skill, you'll get an INT boost from the skill itself. Don't worry about not having an INT build.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Lifer

Lifer New Member

In Game Name:
    Life
    Now that rebirth is as option. I made a new ranger with the intent on going double barrel first. I then plan on rebirthing as gunslinger, then the third time around going gambit. After that Trap gunner then back to bow skills since the weapon wont matter for the previous rebirthed master classes. Is anyone else done this? If you have how was your experience? I'm curious to know what its like to use gun skills with a bow and vise versa.

16. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    @Lifer that question falls under personal preference, by the time you take that ranger to lv 90+ you should have find that preference. The only technical tid bit is cooldowns of skills with the different weapon types. Handguns being the better cooldown times then bow or 2h rifle.

17. shingkz

shingkz New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    shingkz
    Level:
    Guild:
    smile
    hellow rangers. i just want to have convo with some rangers and ask thwm hows life of being a ranger.

18. Nadav

Nadav New Member

In Game Name:
    Vetox
    Hello i looking for a build on google but what i just find is a build from 2013!! So someone can give me guide for build for ranger?