1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Ranger Class (collection of posts)

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by dominicjwalsh, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Tyrion$

Tyrion$ Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Tyrion
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    My ranger (level 97 Gambit) has currently: STR: 126 +20, DEX: 40 +20, VIT: 39 +10. INT is 5 +10 and MEN is 7 +10. I am wearing +10 STR ring and a +10 DEX ring. I feel that I am a very well balanced ranger. I may not be the strongest ranger out there, but I have pretty good crits, and the VIT helps keep me alive longer. Also good to have proper element on your weapon for where you want to farm.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nerodia

nerodia New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    nerodia
    Level:
    thank you

3. ovan

ovan New Member

Avabel Online (Revere ch1) IRL (Chicago IL)
    Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ovan
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOMELESS
    Well I could tell you, but instead I'll just mention that Gunslinger and Sniper offer very few new Skills, Sniper Unlocks enhanced versions of your Bow Skills and Some Support Buffs.

Gunslinger Gives you access to AOE skills if you Max these out your job is basically Crowd Control.

Gunslinger also has a Buff for Defense.

Bonus: Trap Gunner is a Class I do not Recommend. It has a very weak Healing Skill Similar to First Aid only Useful if your INT stat is well above the 50 point range.

The Same would Apply to the rest of Trap Gunner's Skills, You need High INT like a Mage and DEX like a Rogue to get the most of that Class's Usefulness.

• Old Old x 1
  4. taiamerishool

taiamerishool Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    death gun
    Level:
    Just a quick question does Ray Sting and Arrow Dust based on Int? Thanks !!

5. Steve B

Steve B LINE ID: agent_barnes

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Stargen
    Level:
    No, those skills are STR based.

6. Rowdy Consciousness

Rowdy Consciousness New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Raian
    Level:
    I was wondering if anyone can give some advice about which branch for each gunslinger skill I should take?

I don't do pvp, well at least for now, more of monsters.

7. Tyrion$

Tyrion$ Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Tyrion
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    • Please use the edit butten next time.
    It really depends on how you like to play. But I always thought more power, with longer cool time is the way to go. Although for reflex, duration is good, too.

But eventually, all rangers should master Trap Gunner, just for the hidden skill (blast trigger), which is quite possibly the most powerful ranger attack (not including the ones from Double Barrel or Fortress, which I have yet to unlock).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
  8. Rowdy Consciousness

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Raian
    Level:
    Yes I agree but I do know that some of Ranger's skills don't exactly do what they say it will do. Like multishot's type C branch (I think) says it does extra shots but it's the same number of shots. For Combo Blow I chose the branch that says it kicks the enemy further away but there was no difference.

So I just want to make sure that this wouldn't happen with gunslinger :)

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    You can always ask what branches interest you and ask if anyone has them and thier thoughts on them. Make sure to ask for non baised infomation.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rowdy Consciousness

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Raian
    Level:
    Would anyone here be able to shed some light on Gunslinger skills?

Currently not going to skill up beyond lvl 6 until I have a well-informed decision. Blaster is at lvl 5, Assault Barrage lvl 4 and Reflex lvl 4.

Taking my experiences with Ranger, I prefer branches that have less rigor so I can do more combos. I like to hit and run a lot and I still use the attack button as SP is a concern for me. Hope you guys could share your experiences!

11. Root Toor

Root Toor Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    k81689
    Level:
    Since this forum looks deserted, I'll try a new thread for newbies like me.
    I just rebuild a new ranger in a couple days. I just don't like my old balance build ranger.
    Now my range ranger is in full str
    1st aid,dash
    Charge Shot 7
    Combo Blow 5
    Wide Fangs 5
    Multi-Shot 1 (dirt cheap jexp)
    Long Scope 2
    passive
    Reduction 3
    str 4
    vit 3
    int 3
    men 3
    dex 4
    hp 3
    sp 3

Since I play a range ranger, I always fire shots far away and mobile.
    2 skills very important are 7.5/4.5 o'clock back roll.
    Gun ranger can fire 3 times per cycle. Each time it fire 2 bullets.
    Charge Shot lvl 7 can give you about 8 to 12 bullets damage per fire.
    I don't use it very ofthen, because I just keep firing straigt bullets and roll.
    It is much easier for me to react to enemies and roll/evade.
    With good guns(previous run/save) in storage, I can raise ranger from lvl0 to lvl40+ in 2-3 days.
    Have not try PvP yet.

Blow Chain is extremely difficult to use to have 6 bullets effect. Then you have to find time to heal or carry potion/nuts which also reduce f2p inventory slots.
    The time used to run forward, fire, evade back, I can shoot 10+ bullets into enemies in range distance.
    When we compute dps, we also need to consider the rigor and run time.
    Range ranger can just stand there keep shooting constantly with no running around time.

I see other class using skills to kill monster and lie down to speed up the free sp.
    Range ranger do not rest, unless it is extrmely crowded.
    This brings up the mini map. If you observe the color cone in fornt of you and the enmies red dot.
    My lvl 40+ ranger can now reach targets almost twice the color cone.
    The only boss I have problem killing is the laser shark. Spear Centaur is the easiest one. Its weapon can not reach me and my guns can hit it.

12. Elucio

Elucio Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    You do know......all skills can be maxed out right?

13. Root Toor

Root Toor Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    k81689
    Level:
    No, I have no idea, because I am a newbie. Also the skill/status I have in lvl 40+ affect the time I play.

14. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    If you dont know then read, serch, ask for infomation in the right place instead of posting in a area the does not relate to the subject.

Its great you are taking time to look into all this stuff on your own. However you may progress further if you do one of the three things mentioned in my first little tid bit.

15. Root Toor

Root Toor Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    k81689
    Level:
    That is exactly the problems of newbies. Do I choose to spend lots of time to read/search and understand nothing or choose to play, enjoy playing and learn&understand at the same time.
    I play and enjoy and learn the 1st try, up to 40+ lvl.
    Than I scrap it and start it all over again with the mistakes I learned.
    I do not know whether I offered new info or not 4 newbies, because it is tough to sip through info in this avabel forum. So I specified it is for newbies. Since lvl 40+ and below will not know what is happening beyond lvl 40+ and probably will not understand them. I did not understand it.
    With 100+K jexp per task, now I understand it.

FYI, don't treat newbies like your enemies.

16. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    I typicly dont untill i get lip or they show signs of the lazy.

17. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    For what I did when I first started playing Avabel is to play the game only a bit.
    I talked to every npc I could find. I press every button I could, like in shortcut and menu.
    I read the helpBook (Yay for the current rookies since the HelpBook has been fully translated now!!).
    See what your class could do and see what and how with skills again.
    Then there are now those tips when loading the area/screen.

If you've fully done that; I'm sure you'd understand informations given on the Forum.
    The very first thing I searched up to was my own class. And I mean the base-class AND the advanced Classes. The thread that are more behind might be a bit of use, but you can just skim through them, without actually reading them. From there, you might read the guides section; especially the stickied ones.
    Make use of the bold thread names, since those can partly mark threads you've read already (it'll be bold again when there's a new post).
    Oh and in the class section, you don't want to miss the threads that are below the class list threads.
    Gerenal section also has some awesome threads you can read to try to understand Avabel more.
    When that's done Quest/Dungeon section comes. :p

I say, if you really want information, you should try to take time to read those threads. If only the most important threads are enough; mostly first page. At least, that's what I mostly do if I don't want to read everything to the detail.
    Reading the last few pages might be also handy. :p

By the time you're far in the game itself, you'll slowly read through all the threads. Just don't read everything in one day, but from each section topics you are currious to. This would make the gap in threads you need to read smaller by each time.
    Put in spoiler again; like another thread earlier this day..
    This is rather slowly going off-topic from Ranger Class... Σ(º[]º )

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. yhel0904

yhel0904 Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    illuxed
    Level:
    I think top is the double barrel. But can you give me more advance class. Because i want to focus in dual gun weapon. Because i really love dual gun. Thanks for the answers. :)

19. Bluø

Bluø New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    鉛び筆づ
    Level:
    Sup guys I was wondering what's best for the ranger class . bow or 2 guns?

20. Paulminn

Paulminn New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Zoro
    Level:
    I am wondering as well. I played a lvl 72 gsl and not sure what is better. 2H gun so much slower when using regular damage compared to dual wielding hand guns. Is it true that better and faster REGULAR damage with dual wield hand guns vs 2H?

In reading thru all the posts, I noticed many said 2H is much better for damage. If that is the case, why so many on sale for so much cheaper than hand gun?

• Agree Agree x 1