1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Ranger Builds

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by VashX, May 23, 2013.

1. Caliban

Caliban New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    iblis
    Level:
    Guild:
    titans
    I got a bow user with 72 str 40 dex and starting to add one to vit every 4-5 lvls and all that is before passives at lvl 55.

With guild buffs I crit about 49% of the time on same lvl mobs and I haven't tested it in pvp yet but my hopes are high.

2. $Ҥł₦ØBł

$Ҥł₦ØBł New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Zerapho
    Level:
    Guild:
    FuryAngel
    Hi, lvl 28 Ranger, trying to choose between guns or bow before lvl 30
    I wanna do the most damage possible, period. Idc abt dps or range.
    I don't mean long term either. So I mean as a RANGER (not sniper or gambit or anything) what's my best option.
    I'm mostly going to be PVE with maybe some PVP on the side.
    So the question, rephrased:
    Best Ranger weapon for quick kills and high damage?

3. Double Blader X

Double Blader X New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Verado
    Level:
    I was testing the stats for the Ranger class (gunslinger) and here is what I found. Test it out so can see what I'm talking about. At lvl 30 since stats resets are free, I did full DEX ( I wouldn't perfer it) and and i was able to shoot faster and dodge far more quickly but the dmg was sooooo low. So then i tried full STR and my damage was amazing but my shooting speed and dodging speed was kinda slow and I was getting hit a lot. So what I noticed is that DEX for the ranger class (gunslinger) speeds up the shooting animation allowing in more hits and quick dodging( Make sure the REDUCTION skill is activated.). ---> BUT TEST THIS OUT YOURSELF SO YOU CAN FEEL THE DIFFERENCE before criticizing meo_O <--- When i did 44 dex and 24 str at level 30 My friend, Îcy, was warning me to change my stats, but when he tried it out himself, he immediately noticed the different feel. He told me that he was able to dodge a lot easier and noticed he was shooting more faster. My current stats is 70 Dex and 50 str at lvl 56 and I'm very satisfied with that setup and the criticals are amazing and they appear often, sometimes every hit if I get lucky.:) I have a two 4* hand guns and on floor 12, I do around 125-210 damage pre hit and my criticals are around 300-500. For my skills 300-400 pre hit and criticals are around 420-1000, depending on the skill I'm using.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  4. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    My gunner has 150+30 dex, no change on attack speed and rigor. This was already discussed i think, dex won't affect your rigor.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Double Blader X

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Verado
    Level:
    I noticed the different in attack speed as well as my dodging and my friend notice it too when he tried it himself.Try it out with an alt as a test. Around lvl 30, try all dex then try all str to feel it for yourself believe me there is a difference ;). When I had a gunner in the past before this one and his stats was 71 str and 50 Dex. So I wanted to do more damage and got a restatus scroll and did all str, that is when I noticed the different feel, I wasn't shooting as fast as I use to when I had Dex and I regretted that too but, this speed only happens for the ranger class b/c of the reduction skill. Even though it says charging, speed is affected too.;) And one more the thing too, your not going to notice a much or a different with just 30 dex. Try 68 Dex at lvl 30 then reset stats and try 68 str as a test, and believe me you'll notice to difference.

6. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    I restatted from 5+10 dex to 150+30 dex. I didnt notice any change on attack speed. You mean 68 dex can give us better speed than 180 dex?

7. Double Blader X

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Verado
    Level:
    Nope I was using 68 Dex as a reference to a new alt avatar at lvl 30 (thats the max amount of stat point youll have around this level) as a test since restatus scrolls are expensive and are free at this lvl, and how long ago was you reset, and is the reduction skill active and maxed?

8. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    All ranger skills level10, reduction skill is always on because it's a passive skill.

I restatted like a month ago. My speed stays the same, even now i don't notice any difference. If there is, i would notice it right away since i spend 90% of my game time pvp'ing. A little change in rigor/speed will be a big factor for pvp players, so it will be very noticeable for them.

Do you have a vid of your tests? Im lazy to create a lv30 to test it out lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Double Blader X

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Verado
    Level:
    Man I wish I could put a video but I never created one that is even posting one on youtube. I'll just leave my posts here for those who what to test it out. Oh just one more thing too I noticed faster shooting and dodging only when using regular attacks but not on skills, for skills just have a shorter recharge time. The Reduction skill goes up to lvl 5

10. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Ohh, i thought you're talking about attacks in general (skills+normal attack). I never do normal attacks, damage sucks on pvp.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    What you feel is objective an opinionated. Not in anyway factual. Dont bring this to the table till you stopwatched this aspect. And as @marcocococo clearly said we already looked into it and it isnt happinging.

i dont even know why this was discussed x.x

12. Double Blader X

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Verado
    Level:
    Read post #23 pleaseo_O. At lvl 30 I went back a forth MORE TIMES I CAN COUNT<---(for emphasis) between the stats of DEX and STR one having more than the other and there is a different in the regular attack speed ( not the skill speeds) when more Dex is added, avatar performs the regular attack faster than those with less Dex. Again :confused:. (in a previous Post) My friend was warning me to change my stats, so he tried my setup out of curiosity (Probably wondering why I was keeping it at 44 Dex and 24 Str at lvl 30). I did not even know he even changed his stats. So out of nowhere he whispered to me that he was able to dodge more quickly then I asked him did he noticed a difference in the speed of his regular attacks and he said yes. If you find it hard to be believe this please test it out yourself.;)

13. Foxxdie

Foxxdie Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Foxxdie
    Level:
    Guild:
    Darkbane
    I just respeced yesterday from str>vit to a dex>vit ranger I haven't noticed any change in attack speed or dodging potential my skills aren't being performed faster or anything the only noticeable difference was Im criting a lot more than before.:)

14. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    I have had tryed this my self in the past. It does not alter a thing. Not even the I-frames when rolling.

Marcoco has also looked into it with the more offensive aspect of it.

15. Double Blader X

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Verado
    Level:
    Well I just today I recently tested it out again to see if it is just me and my imagination. NOT:D. I created an alt lvl 10 with everything on str and I was shooting and rolling around all over the place on floor 1 like someone from 007:cool:, and the difference is definitely there but subtle which is probably why its hard to see it. I was going back and forth with my alt and my main shooting and rolling like a pro lol :cool: and I definitely felt the difference.;) So I asked my friend again today if he noticed a difference in his shooting and dodging when he did more Dex ( just to see if he was just being nice lol) , and he told me yes (in a serious way) he noticed a difference.:) So If you like more STR than go for it, if you like more DEX than go for it, but all I want to say is that the difference is definitely there but its just subtle. The subtle difference is all I need to quickly roll out of the way of vicious attacks <-------:blackeye: :)

:)Foxxdie it is only through the use of the the Basic attack not the skills lol. I haven't noticed a difference in the skills either. It is just the regular attack.;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
  16. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Again...feels wont do it for us. Provide a video with frame timer or use a stopwatch and provide numbers for us ourselfs to also try and comferm or denie it. Otherwise your "foundings" will go on deft ears.

Edit: a group consensus is required to change the minds of many. This isnt to shoot you down with. This is just...needed to progress.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Double Blader X

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Verado
    Level:
    OK cool I'll do it But :( I need the tools to do so. So any suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    can get a App Called "Stopwatch" that can help you.

19. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Ask @-null- about the frame rate video thing.

Lol leo beat me about the app. You can always use google to find other stopwatches as well if you dont have more then one mobile device.

If you need assistance with these tests give us a holler.

Thanks for taking what i said so well. Useuly when i suggest for proof to bring to the table becuase of current data, they either blow up, get testy, or blow off the website in anger at me (i asume at least) and never log in again.

Lol here is a postive rating. (Cause thats the best i can do lol)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    on that note I just today gotten that app................so whoop! Can Time My Skills!.

• Like Like x 1