1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Raiden or Assassin?

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by Raven, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Both have hidden skills but from what I saw, the hidden from Raiden has an insane cooldown compared to 7 swords. How good is the damage for the Raiden hidden skill? A guide for Raiden or anything about skill descriptions would be awesome. Thanks

2. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit Gold Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Assassin for GDM and Tower or any group fights, Raven for 1v1. With good weapon, you can kill players inside the aoe with a single cast of 7swords from Assassin, best RO skill for a room with massive amount of enemy players. Raiden skills are very fast but no skill has the same aoe and dps as 7swords.

3. philgabs

philgabs New Member

but the 7swords takes time to animate and you'll be an easy target

4. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    That's why it's good on gvg and tower where everything is in chaos. There will be a lot of people unaware of your current position. Ofc if someone is chasing you and your distance from him isn't good, don't cast it cos you'll be an easy target.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. -null-

-null- Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    And consider that all Raiden skills are of Wind element (wtf?). With his strengths and weaknesses (...Earth>Wind>Water...) so you need to be aware of your enemies element before choosing if casting a skill from Raiden or from Strom Rider for example..
    So IMO i would defenetly choose As :) Rogues miss those kind of AoE attacks.. well you need to learn how and when casting 7 Swords as @marcocococo explained.. but once you get into it.. you will understand how powerful is it.. :)
    On the other side.. Raiden hidden skill (has a cool animation XD) takes some time in "loading" making you vulnerable in that time.. but then it moves yourself towards.. so it can dodge an eventual attack.. and the overall animation is not too long.. (but this as all raiden skills have a infinite cooldown x.x)
    Raiden is faster than Assassin.. but with no good AoE skills..
    As for the damage we need to wait some more time to understand Raiden full potential.. so atm we can't compare them with damages..
    Both have pros and cons.. so its actually to your play style..

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  6. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Raiden Actually more Suited for 1v1 like @marcocococo said and Also at Lv5 the Skills Deal 800-1.4k to me and Raiden's Branches for Hidden gives it either to be PvP, PvE, or Both Kinda wish it did the same for all Skills in each Basic and Adv Classes.
    Raiden is Thunder/Lightning which in Avabel=Wind Element So Being Raiden means your Weak to Earth, Wind, Light, and Dark but then again Non-Element Skills are Weak to all the Elements which is why we Put Elements in our Weapons to increase the Dmg putting Wind in your Daggers will increase the Rd's Skills Dmg So it won't be that Low.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. -null-

-null- Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    How about comparing its damage to the other classes one's?
    Hope this is not to much to ask for: but i really want to know the damages with and without elements in daggers on the same character for Asssassin and Raiden skills..
    Who did tested this with you @Leo Striker?

8. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    wasn't a Test it from Sparring with @Mashiro Not sure but can probably ask him about Comparing Assassin VS Raiden.

9. Raven

Raven New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    This video shows a Raiden and his stats/skill levels. The mobs he attacked were F9 mobs. Maybe someone can do a test to compare Assassin hidden skill damage vs Raiden hidden Skill damage? I myself just unlocked 7 swords and will test my damage out with a level 3 7 swords in F9. My attk stat is not as high as his though. Hope we can figure out more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Raven

Raven New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    I have 316-339 attk and with a level 3 seven swords, I'm dealing an average of 500 damage per hit excluding crits and duplex which totals to 3500 damage. With his attk of 396-423, and a level 1 Nar god, he is dealing 1400 damage average which totals to 4200 damage excluding crits and duplex. No clue about damage mechanics per level so can someone use this info and compare the skill damage? Would like to know which is more optimal for pvp. Nar god has a stun chance as well though lesser AOE.

11. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Nar god for pvp/1v1, 7 swords for gdm/tower. Ofc you won't use 7swords when doing 1v1, the skill is very easy to evade and counter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. -null-

-null- Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    The get the best results we need the SAME person (with same build) to test both skills on the same mob.. betterbif player ^.^
    But that video was great.. congrats!

13. ŚΉÀÐØ₩

ŚΉÀÐØ₩ New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ŚΉÀÐØ₩
    Level:
    Guild:
    Nitewalkee
    I've asked KyaNite to test both skills out already. It's in a new thread titled Nar god vs 7 swords.

14. Reonen Zeruel

Reonen Zeruel The Revenger

In Game Name:
    Allocer and Hak
    Level:
    Guild:
    AbandoneD
    Oooo... my vid is being used as reference, x3. Anyways since Nar God and Seven Swords are being compared. I've timed *Quynh*'s Seven Swords (one of my Rogues). I've chose Type A for her Seven Swords. Below is the comparison of Seven Swords' CD and Nar God's CD.

Seven Swords: Type A – Default Type
    Ø CD: 21.3 secs

1) Nar God Lvl 5 – Haven’t chosen Type yet because I’m still deciding on what to choose.
    Ø CD: 30 secs

And in my opinion... Nar God is better than 7 Swords in terms of PvP - but in Royal Rumble ~ GvG, Towers and such, 7 Swords is best due to the reason that it has a wider AoE than Nar God.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.