1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Question about gearing a storm raider

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by MDon, Apr 22, 2016.

1. MDon

MDon New Member

Hi I am still fairly new, and although I have used the search and asked in game I can't get a definitive answer.
    I am soon to be level 50 and have a sum of gold to buy some kit.
    So I was going to buy two *5 daggers with elements in them( which is the better elements for rogues to use in the weps?) I was told wind in game but see that light and dark is recommended. On the forum.
    But now I'm being told to only get a one handed sword, until I become an assassin. And others have said a sword and shield.
    So I have 26mil to fully gear myself up what would you recommend I buy?

2. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    °Henry°
    Level:
    I don't encourage cloning whereas people choose for you when there isn't a wrong way of doing things. So I'll give you some info and you decide what you want to do.
    Elements first of all aren't a necessity at all unless youre a raven or have a specific element you need to be extra strong against. avoid them if you can for now. the reason you may want to get a dark weapon is because of the buff from raven passive whenever you decide to go to that class. but I want you to keep in mind that by the time you would've mastered storm raider youll probably be on to your next lvl req of weapons so id say get a dark bowl itself and not buy a dark weapon and when you decide to go raven use it to give your then weapon the dark element

Dual-wielding- yes everyone thinks its badass but it has negative effects if done wrong and is not necessary at all unless youre an assassin. when you dual wield your attack becomes the average attack of your 2 weapons. so in order to dual-wield effectively your weapons need to be on the same page in str otherwise the weaker 1 will bring your atk down.
    Eg.
    If sword 1: atk =100
    And sword 2: atk =50
    Then dual wield : atk = (100+50)/2 ... which = 75

Dagger vs sword- swords are full patk and daggers are both patk and matk. this means that sword will have more patk dmg since its concentrated. storm raider being fully patk means sword will help you out more. however dragon lance(which not so many people use) is a dagger only skill. in this case sword will give you the higher dmg output so if you just want to be powerful use sword but if you want to utilize ALL of the storm raider skills you have to use dagger. dagger also has a very small decrease on skill cooldowns which is barely noticeable but still notable

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alwing

Alwing Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Al-wing
    Level:
    I would not buy two daggers, especially since you are lvl 50. You're still going to be lvling up rather quickly until you hit maybe lvl 70.
    Personally, I would recommend a 1 hand sword and shield. Storm raider is an all patk class, so a dagger's matk would not be used. On top of that, many users end up forgoing the storm raider adv skill requiring a dagger. It's also a good idea to pick up a shield for the other hand for extra def/mdef.
    However, when you decide to do shinobi or assassin, you need to switch to daggers. Shinobi skills are matk. Assassin simply just requires dual daggers.

Seeing how you have 26 mill, don't forget about armor. From my recollection, a good wpn is about 10 mill...? Spend your money wisely. It's nice to have an awesome wpn, but if you're dying 24/7, then you're not really able to use it to the best of your abilities.

4. devilthebyker

devilthebyker New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    BykeR
    Level:
    Guild:
    TUGAS
    I´m a Storm Raider lvl77, master Raven.
    My armor head to toe, r 5* all mastered.
    After master this class, I´m going to master Debuster, now I´m using a 5* dagger and a 5* sword, so ur telling that the best choise should b 2 swords, isn´t?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Alwing

Alwing Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Al-wing
    Level:
    No! The best choice would be using a 1 hand sword and a shield (or dagger and shield if you want to use Needle Blow and other dagger only skills). However, considering you are lvl 77 and that you've already mastered Rv and Sr, it's not a bad choice to invest in dual daggers if you believe that mastering debuster won't take long and that you are going for Assassin after debuster. If you choose to do shinobi instead, you'll still need a dagger, but equipt a shield on the other hand for def/mdef.

In regards to your current setup, I'd suggest ditching the dagger and just equipting a sword (and a shield). Avabel averages the dmg of the two weapons in both hands. Because of this, equipting that dagger actually lowers the potential dmg you could do. As @Grizzly beautifully stated before in the above post:

6. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    I suggest 1hand dagger only or duel daggers if have assassin
    Just simple (^ ^°) and it's what I used when I was storm raider

7. Alwing

Alwing Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Al-wing
    Level:
    Assassin's hidden 7 swords requires duel daggers. With this class, dual wielding is pretty much inevitable (unless you completely want to forgo 7swords).

8. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    Sadly that skill so easy to dodge

9. Greed

Greed New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Not_kirito_obvi
    Level:
    Guild:
    CANDY
    Just putting it out here, Shield lowers your damage by 10%.

also how the heck did you get 26 mill

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  10. Demonte

Demonte New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Ares/Artemis
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    THats

11. Greed

Greed New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Not_kirito_obvi
    Level:
    Guild:
    CANDY
    its virtually impossible to get 26 mill if your first char is only lvl50 unless you have some kind of exploit OR bought gold from the scam sites.

Kudos to you tho for 26 mill :(( im secretly jealous.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    That website a rip off

You could get 26mil from a player many he has friends or he sold a boss xtal or something the gem shop offers many items of high value

13. devilthebyker

devilthebyker New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    BykeR
    Level:
    Guild:
    TUGAS
    Thx anyway, I´m going to try 2 swords then.
    When I go to Assassin, then I use dual daggers.

14. Greed

Greed New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Not_kirito_obvi
    Level:
    Guild:
    CANDY
    Two swords look cool yes (>.<) , but if not done properly it can greatly mess up your dps or you'll end up wasting money. Unless the class requires 2 swords or dual wielding at all, it's better to NOT DUAL WIELD due to no dmg reduction. If you used 2 swords, you'll need to have the same exact weapon stats BECAUSE IF NOT, the weaker weapon will lower your dmg. As @Grizzly stated, it averages the dmg of your two weapons.

Then again that choice is up to you, goodluck o/

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    Agree agree

• Like Like x 1
  16. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    °Henry°
    Level:
    ^
    lol everyone wants to dualwield and be solo ... its getting annoying trying to explain these mechanics to every new player especially in rush

17. devilthebyker

devilthebyker New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    BykeR
    Level:
    Guild:
    TUGAS
    My weapons r always same stars and same lvl, I always buy 2 of then if I need.
    If I don´t use then with my Rogue, I use then on my Warrior. ( in this case, the swords)
    But, using 1 sword is the same to use 2? U don´t lose dps? The duplex passive works with swords?
    On my thinking,2 swords gives more hits then 1,or I´m wrong?
    I see with swords, the cooldown is longer,but I can handle with that.
    I´m not new in the game, only with this class. I see that this class skills give a lot of hits and I´m trying to get the max of then,so I´m looking the best way to do that.
    I´m trying to get info to make my char stronger.
    In fact, u have my thx for the info ur given m.

18. Greed

Greed New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Not_kirito_obvi
    Level:
    Guild:
    CANDY
    Using 1 sword is the same as using 2 swords of the same stats. inb4 people explained, it averages the damage of the two.
    Again, say you have a 500 dmg sword and another 500 damage sword, add that equals to 1000 then divide by how many weapons you have WHICH is 2, that would equals to 500 dmg which is the same as using only 1 sword. SINCE if you only have 1 weapon, it doesn't need an average. SO, it really doesn't make a difference if you only use 1 sword. 2 swords = expensive.
    No you don't lose dps. No Duplex Passive is based off on it. Sorry if I come off as mean but there's literally a guide for Rogue skills http://avabelforums.com/threads/rogue-skills-build-ups.227/

Doesn't matter if it's warrior or rogue or acolyte or mage or etc. The dual wielding mechanic affects every class. And no, hits? by hits you mean crit or the amount of hits with a skill? Again, @~Rayleigh stated many times (i think) that dual wielding does not affect cooldown or amountof HITS by SKILLS unless NORMAL attack.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. aleph

aleph Active Member

As noted here http://avabelforums.com/threads/a-guide-to-elements.397/page-16#post-26764, dual wielding gives more damage with identical strong element weapons vs weak element mobs but has no benefit vs non-element mobs. Damage reduction with weak element weapons vs strong element mobs is also greater. I won't make any assumptions about non-element setups as don't remember testing those.

Edited to add: I can't really speak to the question of which skills are dual or single wield for rogues (or warriors if you're sharing gear between characters on one account). Personally, since I spend a lot of time farming on f18 I keep a pair of wind axes on my creator, and used to have a fire set for f14. If you spend a lot of time fighting one particular kind of element mob (and you have the cash) it might be worthwhile to dual wield with the appropriate strong element.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1