1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

PvP (collection of posts)

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by Zefiryn, Dec 23, 2013.

1. BlueCards

BlueCards New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Tip
    Level:
    Hey everyone, would anyone like to share any good skill combos for warriors in pvp? I'm currently using one hand spear so I can use stinger skills asides gl, crus, and pal skills.
    It would also help if you would describe what your combo is for. Eg. 1v1, AOE, Chasing etc.

Thanks in Advance!

2. Kevin2000

Kevin2000 New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Rose
    Level:
    so I made a samurai and I suck at pvp, I can't get a kill cause of the charging samurai does. Does anyone have any tips?

3. Apathy

Apathy New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Apathy
    Level:
    Okay... I skipped passed all of this because I was too lazy to read and I see a lot of people neglected to mention this MAIN factor on the pages I did read. Okay so here's how it goes.

-Warrior versus Rouge-

-Warrior goes in for Raider Fang (DRAGON BALL Z FLYING ANIMATION TOWARDS ROUGE)-

-Rouge does Kill Drive-

-Warrior's startup animation has been slowed down to a ridiculous extent, as well a waste of mana, due to his negligence of timing.-

-Rouge's Kill drive casts instantly on target, therefore winning the trade.-

Now how could this have been avoided?

STOP USING ASSIST MODE FOR PVP THAT IS A PVE CONFIGURATION.

(Take Note of these words of wisdom through underlines!)

In Player Versus Player, there is what in the past of my days as one of the top Warriors of PvP, to the point even I smack Gladiators around AS A WARRIOR STILL... An "Invisible Maniverse." What I mean by this is, due to the latency issues via servers, whatever skills you do cast are already being casted seconds before "YOU" cast it to another or even seconds "AFTER". Which is why your full Mana bar of spamming skills and dodges still get you basically... nowhere since you're just going to fly into instacast skills that don't require the chasing animation. Now then, USING FREE MODE. It will play out like this.

"Involving the "Invisible Maniverse concept into the very same fight."

-Warrior versus Rouge- (Warrior using Free mode.) (Rouge using Assist Mode.)

-Warrior runs around, waiting for that right "time"...-

-Rouge launches rumble vain (CHASING ANIMATION TOWARDS WARRIOR VIA DRAGONBALL Z FLY.)-

-RAIDER FANG!!!!! (STRAIGHT AHEAD INTO HIS FACE AND ROLL AWAY)-

-Rouge recieves full damage due to being locked in the chase animation, not even casting rumble vain yet and dies.-

Now to apply this towards a class you're more interested in... let's say... ACO'S/RANGERS.

(Underlined words of wisdom) The key isn't to attack where they are, that body you see doesn't exist in the "invisible maniverse." It doesn't matter what device you're on or how powerful your internet is, you still will have that delay and where you think that attack will land just because it's head on, sorry but that doesn't apply in the maniverse. The key is to Attack where they are running to, even if you appear to be ATTACKING AN OPEN SPACE TO THE RIGHT OF THEM, IF THEY'RE RUNNING TO THE RIGHT AND YOU MASTER "YOUR LAG" YOU WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL.

This also applies to the rolling, I never use a skill if their roll is usable so I bait their rolls for them to be unable to dodge my "SKILLS"

I hope I just made AVABEL PvP interesting and enlightened a lot of you guys. I shouldn't have even told you guys the secret either. Though... I want to see who will rise above the ranks and master this "real" method of fighting, to give me a real challenge "IF" I decide to fully play again, if not. I just showed you the light.

This is how you should be fighting, he has the concept down and look how he utterly destroys someone using assist mode, he has mastered his lag and understands the Invisible Maniverse. Pay attention to his attacks being nowhere near the guy but he knows where he's going and still hits. (Look at 2:29 seconds, you will see the perfect example of how to hit where they are going)

This is one of the comments:
    clarence mangalos 1 year ago
    hi, just want to ask, i can see that you are not hitting your enemy directly, but them how come they are taking the hit. is appears that you are anticipating where the enemy will go, but on the video your hit range is too far from the GL, yet you own him.nice video. im a monk as well.

This is how you're supposed to fight Mages in free mode:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  4. BlueCards

BlueCards New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Tip
    Level:
    Thank you! This helps alot!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    ~grabs the newspaper and wacks across the head~ Nu, bad.

That rouge wouldnt get locked in that "chase animation" if he didnt use assist cam.
    You cant do that when the example you gave shows both sides use assist cam. Note that. As well stahp calling it lag when in that case delay is the right term. (A pet peeve)

Aight jesus (its a joke for your choice of words dont pay much mind to it). Its hardly a secret (though for some it might be becuase they are so dense its ridiculous) as its been mentioned on the threads rather often and i am sure enough almost any vet pvper in any open aim game will tell you aim ahead.

Ps im open to spar.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Apathy

Apathy New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Apathy
    Level:
    I'd have to say, I agree with you on the LAG/DELAY approach, though you must take into consideration that not everyone runs this game at 60FPS, as well majority of my old sparring partners were the best there was at the time (Majority from Pop, if that guild still exists Lol)

Yes, it is indeed a secret to those who still use assist mode in PvP and wonder why they're never landing a clean hit or why their always being hit cleanly.

The rouge term was referring to Free mode vs Assist a little further down the line of the post and if I didn't clear that up then I apologize for that behalf.

P.S: I'm lvl 10 with nothing loool, but i'll still spar with you.

7. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    With what avabel is doing i doubt anyone plays at that smooth 60+ second frame rate. Still nothen worth complaining about (even if i did swear at my screen) in game as for the most anyon le can adapt to it.

Ill humbly accept that if you got more then 4 skills past rank 3 xD

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sid!!

Sid!! Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Level:
    Level up your samurai skills and choose the quick trigger branch, that solves the charging animation of the skills.

9. Apathy

Apathy New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Apathy
    Level:
    It'd be an honor, no doubt in my mind. I need some serious training to get back into shape. I just hate this phone that runs at an ever so fluctuating FPS, Even in PVE around 20-30, but I love sparring against good players. Personally I wish to make a Monk. Though my pride denies me making an Acolyte...

10. Apathy

Apathy New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Apathy
    Level:
    Hey I'm still up for that spar Ray. I'm lvl70 Now. ^^

11. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Yay. I am out and about getting food at wendys and will be getting gas. Ill pm yea when i get home in about a hour from now