1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

pvp acolyte

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by zigaty, Nov 28, 2014.

1. zigaty

zigaty New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Wolfie
    Level:
    Okay so I've been hearing two different things about the acolyte class and pvp. Some people say it's good because you're hard to kill and some people say its not that great. Which one is it? I was thinking of building it mostly int with about a total of 15 vit and 10 dex. Also what adv class of the acolyte is the best for it?

2. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    Go monk

3. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Go for monk and legsol for melee/str build.

If you want an int type battle acolyte, just go with the traditional attack skill build and equip blunt+shield. I am friends with a very good battle acolyte (probably the best) and fighting him on 1v1 is a pain in the ass.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ☆fall☆

☆fall☆ New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Apollo
    Level:
    Well it would depend on who the person is and their experience with pvp situations.

The mostly int build would probably be traditional acolyte classes, the priest, exorcist, and linker. Now if you were to have mostly str, then monk and leg sol would be a better choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Caliban

Caliban New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    iblis
    Level:
    Guild:
    titans
    If you invest in some godly dex rings healers can be really hard to kill and all you gotta do is wait for people to run outta pots. Once they run out of steam the fight is pretty much over and your sp regen makes you the only dog left in the fight. Even though a wr can still slaughter you if they boost hp regen the deck is still kinda stacked in your favor as long as you can heal yourself.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  6. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    No one would seriously fight a healing pr in pvp. They'll will spar with them but won't aim on beating them, except if the PR has crappy gears.

7. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    so Sad but true tho No one Takes a Acoltye Serious....................*sigh* that is so sad.

8. Caliban

Caliban New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    iblis
    Level:
    Guild:
    titans
    I just think if people will pvp a warrior built with a similar regen strategy why not a healer. Either way its a war of attrition and sp or no sp a wr can still bash you over the head with a 2h.

I get that a int aco if used right is the most op pvp class there is and tbh I'm surprised more people don't abuse them.And don't get me started on the debuffs acos can toss out all willy nilly.

Sigh*

Too bad most people look at healers and see the avabel magicarp instead of the Godzilla it has the potential to be.

9. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    No lol, what i mean by "ppl dont take healing aco's seriously" is they know they can't win against those immortal acolytes so why fight them seriously? They'll just be hitting them hard and make them heal as many as possible.

If you'll notice, only warriors, rogues, rangers, mages and non healing creators enjoy fighting on nr. No ppl wud ask a healer type priest/cr for a spar, except if theyre very bored or they wanna get some beating xD

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Caliban

Caliban New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    iblis
    Level:
    Guild:
    titans
    Personally I don't think its the healing that makes acos deadly. Its the sp regen. Sure cr can stun but regardless of how its built it still runs out of sp. Sure it can make pots but I don't really see someone giving a cr time to make them.

And if nobody will fight a healing class I really have no clue why this thread's here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Ppl can use SP on spars. That's how they want it xD
    Actually a lot of priests/linkers/exo can fight decently without heals. I know two very good priests who can beat fighter classes with the same lvl/gears as them without healing. It's up to how the aco moves.

12. Caliban

Caliban New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    iblis
    Level:
    Guild:
    titans
    I'm not saying healers are using that crazy sp regen solely on heals I'm saying that with all that extra sp they can outlast every other class in the game. With an exception being wr with their hp regen.

Now if your talking about a pvp cr I can believe that if its built for pvp it doesn't need to heal itself but it takes a bit more pvp experience then an aco ever would.

Too bad this thread wasn't titled pvp support class because I believe cr are a great class with a ton of potential but its so easy to screw up but their are other threads to discuss cr pvp builds.

Now if this thread is about sparring instead of general pvp (due to how cheap acos can be) then ill stop talking about general aco pvp.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  13. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    High sp regain isnt only open to healers. My rogue when i had it had a 3 hour spar with a single dude and never died nor ran out of sp, never used sp potions either. The match ended cause he said he ran out of sp potions.

14. Caliban

Caliban New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    iblis
    Level:
    Guild:
    titans
    Like creators, rogues are another class that takes a bit of experience to use properly (mostly because their so squishy) but regardless of how you move an aco its always going to be able to make it a war of attrition because their sp regen.

And that's the reason I believe most people choose not to fight acos seriously.

If a ro seriously tried to fight an aco that's taking advantage of their sp passive it'd be a beat down. No matter how skillfully a rogue evades an aco will always recover faster.

And a ro can't kill a healer before it can heal but an aco will usually have a few bullets I'm the clip.(though a truly skillful ro could drag it out forever)

The only class that's capable (imo) of countering a skillful aco is a wr abusing its own regen passive. Cause a 2h to the face hurts no matter what class you are and that hp regen lets them eat hits and laugh it off.

15. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    I should mention, i was fighting a pr with Exorcist as a master.

Breaks over i cant say more xD

16. Caliban

Caliban New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    iblis
    Level:
    Guild:
    titans
    Rats just when I was gonna ask how many times you killed him lol oh well

And I can't help but wonder if that pr was taking advantage of their passive.

17. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Prolly not, i dont know a single healer that toke a lot of dex or men. I often like going 1v1 with them to pratice all my basics.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  18. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    they never do...............too busy about Being Full INT as such no MEN or DEX even if they had them only a Few Stat Points in them Really as such Using all Skills the Class Provide is being Neglected.

19. Caliban

Caliban New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    iblis
    Level:
    Guild:
    titans
    They don't necessarily have to add Dex. +10 guild passive with two +5-+8 dex and a maxed dex active guild skill could go a long way.

And that's before you think about filling armor slots.

True its a little expensive but if your trying to make a great aco for pvp that's one way to do it.

And if your building a aco for sparring don't put all that effort in. Just go all int and be your inner masochist

• Like Like x 2
  20. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    ah Saying that one Stat is not necessary can be said about any of the other Stats DEX is Necessary as INT.