1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Priest Vs. Rogue.

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by Arionna, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I don't cause she lvl 30 and I'm using her for Testing Things out and also While I'm doing that i'm making her go Do Random Dungeon cause it Gives Jexp and little Exp so she can do it all Day and not lvl up also I Want to try out Several Builds and Want to Get her Skills Max out Like I wish I did with my Rogue.

2. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Exploring around~

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Good Priest is weak at magical damage haha. Give your friend some magical arrow!

3. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Exploring around~

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Testing different build is fun..i did that too..dex acolyte, random stats, all men lol..

Rogue i'm thinking 3 dex 1 vit/men ratio hahaha, sounds fun.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vinyx

Vinyx New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Vinyx
    Level:
    Guild:
    Skyreach
    It's too late to post this but maybe someone else would look for this...

Well, I have a priest as my main char and I hold it at lv79 for GDM purpose. I see the struggle here. But I will tell you some experiences.

YOU SHOULD JUST USE 1 SKILL SHORTCUT TOGGLE TO FIGHT ROGUES AND FOCUS ON THOSE 6 SHORTCUTS.

You need DASH and EVADE. Don't ask why lol.. and put HOLY LASER, SUN LIGHT, LINK HEAL, and SHINING RAY (if you have mastered Exorsist), or just HOLY RAY. No other skill, just 1 shortcut toggle.

And this is how you dance...

First, utilize the EVADE and DASH. And NEVER run straight, you should do feints, zigzag, or anything so no one could estimate your destination.

While running, spam HOLY LASER towards the rogue. Free camera or assisted camera? Your choice.

HOLY RAY is not really good to use against rogue since it has quite long casting time. Use it only if you are sure you won't get hit while casting it. Use it as a "trap". Not as a straight forward attacking purpose.

But if you have Exorsist's SHINING RAY as master skill, it would be better because it hits harder and has faster casting time.

Use LINK HEAL everytime you have the chance. Don't wait any longer if you've got hit even only 500ish damage. Whatever they say, this skill is legal and it is the core of acolyte skills.

And always do this trick if you want to use any skill... EVADE - SKILL - EVADE simultaneously. This will minimize the chance of getting hit while casting skills.

And always remember this. TRAINING is the most important thing to do above reading theories of tricks.

So that's it. I don't recommend using Angelus' SHINING ROAD or any YingYang's damaging skills. SANCTUARY? Nah, BIG NO. The casting time is too long. You will get hit before you finish casting it. Linker's LIFE ENGAGE is just wasting shortcut slot and confuses you because fighting a rogue 1v1 is too much stress already. Not really helping though. Changing the skill shortcut toggles from 1 to 2 to 3 and back to 1 is ruining your focus if you are not a pro.

So basically this is a newbie guide of how to fight rogue 1v1 with an acolyte from me. Pro poeple have their own unique tricks. Keep on practicing and training, then you will become a pro acolyte someday.

HAVE A NICE DAY AND SORRY IF I MADE MISTAKES :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    My tactic
    sanctuary and it's usually like a bug to a bug zapper