1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

New Idea for Quest/Dungeon

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Suggestions' started by $wagberg, Dec 13, 2016.

1. $wagberg

$wagberg New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    BenSwed
    Level:
    Well... I'm back and I recently thought of a new idea for a new technical battle which introduces to a new challenge players never faced before (well have but... mentally not at all in game). It is a Doppleganger Battle. Now before I begin, I just want to say that I've been interested of fighting something that has the same exact fighting style as you are and that's what this clone duel is about.

So how this will work is that you will be sparring an exact clone of yourself complete with all the skills you use. I prefer it to be a solo mode considering you are fighting your doppelgänger and it's much more challenging that way tbh. It will be like the Free Way mode where time counts up and unlike most other technical battle modes, you can die but not be able to respawn in the arena (unless you have some miracle water on you). The minimum exp gained from beating the boss I would say is 350k exp and the highest is 1 million exp making this a perfect mode for those level 75 and up so... defeat it as fast as you can and don't make brash decisions if you challenge your doppelgänger.

What do you think of this idea? If you agree to this idea, press like and maybe comment if you have an opinion for this technical battle mode and I'll see you guys in game as my Thunderbird Raiden (BenSwed) or my Dragon Phoenix Samurai ($wagber).

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I don't think it'll work. There is no way to completely imitate someone's playstyle. What would they use as the base? Your PvP experiences? Your main tower experiences? Both of those wouldn't be applicable since the opponent is yourself. Even the AI in other games that try this can only go so far.

Next, gear also plays a really strong factor in this. Will it be pre-set? If it is, then it won't be much of a challenge for people with good gear. (It still has to appeal to all of players, so they can't make it super hard.) If it is based on your gear, then it would take a while to kill if you good gear. (And it could also be exploitable. You can wear low leveled armor and use a high leveled weapon. Of course you would be vulnerable, but a few good hits would mean a quick victory and no challenge.)

Finally, the reward is too low, and the penalty is too harsh. If you die, you not only lose DP, but you also lose exp (which where it starts getting counter productive). At higher levels (or lower levels after a few rebirths), you lose more than 1 million exp for dying. This makes the challenge not worth it if dying is a risk. People are able to get a million exp doing raids (including me when I was properly equipped... and I am on the low damaging end). Guerilla quests are the same way. Why would they do this when raiding is free of dp, and the rewards can be equal to or greater than what is offered here. (Guerilla quests may cost dp, but the boss there has more hp. More exp can be gotten there).

As a finally thoughts, this wouldn't be appealing to Creators, Acolytes, or any advanced classes with healing involved (which is a large chunk of the players). Enemies that can heal themselves are okay as long as there is a limit. We don't have a limit on our healing. If they were programmed to not to heal as much or not to recover hp at all, then it wouldn't much of a fight against yourself. Also (this one is more IMO), this kinda goes against how the game is laid out. It is designed for people to work together to complete challenges. Taking away other people and forcing yourself to fight yourself doesn't fit into this game at all. (Almost everything done is a collective effort. Raids/guerilla. Advents. Harder challenge dungeons. Super high floors.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. $wagberg

$wagberg New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    BenSwed
    Level:
    Well... allow me to think on what you said... I'll think of some solution

• Like Like x 1