1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

New discoveries/testing

Discussion in 'Infamous, Rage Quit & REDEMPTION' started by GJO, Sep 30, 2014.

1. GJO

GJO Doesn't Hassle the Hoff

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    This thread is intended for information about new discoveries (like the Japanese quests earlier), and test results of in-game mechanics.

2. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Lately the odds of successfully evolving gear seems to have dropped. I actually managed to drain 98 crystals today, on ONE gearpiece. I suspect this isn't coincidence, but yet another tactic of Asobimo to squeeze money out of your pocket. "ON SALE NOW! EVO LIQUID!"
    I am starting to get SO done with the devs destroying the game more and more with every update.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    I read somewhere that killing a boss 1000 & 3000 times gives an achievement which awards that boss' crystal. I'd like to test it myself. I can hunt the bosses on f3 & f6. It's most efficient with a share party. I'm level 75, who's game?^^
    round - jabba - greed - jabba total/Greed total
    Start - 10 - 10 - 10 - 10
    Run 1 - 26 - 15 - 36 - 25

Notable drops:
    • Old armor box 4 (jabba 19 of run 1, solo)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  4. Xiansai

Xiansai Information Host

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    XI
    Level:
    Thank you for taking care of my job while I was away!!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Xiansai

Xiansai Information Host

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    XI
    Level:
    Also there is one npc you missed in the fascinating room. By doing some parkour you will meet the npc militico. He doesn't give u any quests BUT...... He gives some information about a room. I don't know what description means though so... yep

• Like Like x 1
  6. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    THIS POST IS OUTDATED: EACH UPDATE CAN ALTER DROP RATES AND OTHER MECHANICS.

Maximizing profitability from treasure room (weekdays).

Following information is based on 100 runs online & 100 runs offline. Average profitability of the weekend room, as well as average profitability per run based on the entire week, will follow.

Conclusions
    • Average profitability of online runs: 15.340. All used data was generated while no drop bonuses were active.
    • Average profitabiluty of offline runs: 17.960
    • Average drop rate of Bronze Kodora Statue per mob, online: 48,92%
    • Average drop rate of Bronze Kodora Statue per mob, offline: (unreliable number)
    • Average drop rate of Silver Kodora Statue per boss, online: 24%
    • Average drop rate of Silver Kodora Statue per boss, offline: 20%
    • No significant differences in drop rates between characters.

Most profitable approach based on this data
    • On Monday, take the weekly quest 'Seeking the Treasures 1.' Do at least one run online each day to get your kill. You will complete this quest on Wednesday, and unlock 'Seeking the Treasures 2.' You will complete this quest on Friday. Both quests award a Silver Kodora statue. If you'd do only one online run each day, you'd effectively boost the profitability of those runs by 6.000 -> 15.340+(30.000/5) = 21.340
    • Online runs will be more profitable than offline runs when a drop bonus of 20% or higher is active. See document for calculations.
    • As long as a drop bonus lower than 20% is active, and you make sure you do your daily online run, offline is the most profitable version.
    THIS POST IS OUTDATED: EACH UPDATE CAN ALTER DROP RATES AND OTHER MECHANICS.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    @Leo Striker here is the first work on the planned tests for dual wielding elements. Could you check if I missed anything, and let me know which of all possible element combinations are relevant? (So for example; Fire vs Wind is irrelevant right?)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  8. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    So We Doing 3 of the Basic Elements? I don't Think so Cause We Assume that Elements Adjacent to each other(Those aren't Weakest or Strongest) won't Show any Much Difference but that can be Change I would say for Starters We First do all Fire, Water, Wind, Earth and Have them vs None Then their counterparts(Earth vs Fire, Water vs Wind) then We go with the Fire vs Wind, Earth vs Water, and Finally we Testing the Elements Facing their self your Planned Test Has Every Combinations To think of my Suggestion would be the 1st Part of Testing Elements the 2nd Part is with Adv Elements, then final Part is All of them Which would be the hardest+Longest One to do Cause of the Combinations of Elements.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Thanks for the thorough explanation, I'm on it!

10. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Ummm @Leo Striker ... I think I'm gonna cry xD
    The first document contains all combinations of Element vs None-element.

The second document contains all combinations of Fire vs Water/None. This one alone is 81(!) possible combinations, of which 28 will have already been tested in the first phase. I'm cool with writing the Excel files, but I think we're gonna need help if we want to test this completely.

Attached Files:

11. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Alright then just Start with Element vs None and We just do those first then move on to Element(Strong) Vs Element(Weak), Element vs Element For ex: Fire vs Wind, Water vs Earth, I think that covers for Basic Elements+None Less i'm Forgetting something also We not going to do all of them but take a Break between each of them but not a Long one otherwise the Data could change cause of a Update.
    if we want to do this as fast as Possible would need 10 Players we technically would need 5 but having Double would insure that just incase say the Player with Water Gears couldn't do the Test then that Player's Double can do it while also while first 5 Players doing the Element vs None the other 5 doing Element(Strong) vs Element(Weak) and then Finally the Elements Adjacent to each other and While Doing that the 6 Players could do the Adv Elements this is based on the fact we actually get 10 Players to help us do this if we can get 5 tho it will increase the Speed of this Test.

12. Xiansai

Xiansai Information Host

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    XI
    Level:
    SO MUCH INFORMATION.
    *puts on glasses

13. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    @Leo Striker here is the testing schedule for the elements. I've decided to skip the Elements vs None phase; it will be covered by Phase 1 as it is. I can have all documents ready whenever. I'll set up an email account soon so everyone who wants to help, can pick up their document from there. Do you have people in mind that would be willing to help us out?

Phase 1: Opposing elements combined + opposing elements combined with None.

1. Fire/Water
    2. Earth/Fire
    3. Wind/Earth
    4. Water/Wind
    5. Light/Dark
    Expectations: significant increases/decreases in damage.

Phase 2: Light/Dark vs everything + Light/Dark vs everything combined with None.
    1. Light vs everything
    2. Dark vs everything
    3. Light/Dark vs everything
    Expectations: significant increases/decreases in damage.

Phase 3: non-opposing elements
    1. Fire/Wind
    2. Earth/Water
    Expectations: no significant increases/decreases in damage.

Phase 4: Translating raw data into percentages, finding patterns.
    This is only a matter of combining the results and making the right calculations, so I got that covered.

Expectations: Similar results between opposing elements (with the exception of Light/Dark), similar results between non-opposing elements.

Phase 5: Additional testing with shields & helmets.
    Once Phase 4 is completed, we can tell which patterns or exceptions there are. We can then do additional tests with shields & helmets for just a few elements, which can be generalized to the rest of the elements.

Possible confounding variables to keep in mind

During testing:
    • Leveling up/leveling up skills/restat/reskill between test moments: Make sure to stay at the same level and same skill level and type during tests.
    • Daily login bonuses increasing stats: Keep an eye on the daily login bonuses. Make sure none are active when you start testing. If they are active, relog to make them disappear.
    • Swapping/leaving guilds, active guild bonuses: Make sure the guild you are in has the same passives and active guild bonuses during tests. It is possible someone activates a stat boosting effect during test moments. Make sure you always have the same stats.
    • Fabricating results: Boredom or lack of significant results during tests may seduce you to fabricate results. Or if you see the rest is done and you are only halfway, and feel you 'should' be done by now too. Take the time to do the tests, or leave it to others (no hard feelings) :)
    • Having other gear equipped. We have no idea how helmets and shields will influence results, so take them off. Also make sure you always have the same accessories on. Might be safest to remove those as well.
    • Typos: Typos will give incorrect results. Pay attention to what you are typing.
    During calculating and interpreting:
    • Misinterpretation: There is always a small deviation from the None vs None results, since there is a MinAtk-MaxAtk range. This must be taken into account during calculations.
    • Missing typos: With so much data, there are possibly typos among them. Not recognizing those will yield misleading results.
    • Making typos: With so much data, it is possible I will make typos in formulas.
    • Incorrect calculations: Combining the wrong information or using the wrong formulas will yield misleading results.

14. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    @bomackin & @Innosan Might be Willing to help...............Actually I talk to bomackin and he said he will help us. I'm Still Asking others if they are Willing to help us.

15. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Help with what?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Scroll up

17. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    K just tell me when this will be put into play and what is needed to be done.

18. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    @Luci is on board as well, and I'm waiting for response from @Xiansai .
    Edit: @Xiansai is in as well.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  19. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    okay can you Tell @Innosan what he Needs to do and get for This Experiment?

20. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Just one important thing I need to know beforehand: is there any attack that requires dual wield, and lands only one hit?