1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

My personal ranking of the classes

Discussion in 'Avabel General Discussions' started by SkyKid, Aug 7, 2017.

?

Whats your favorite class?

1. Warrior

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Ranger

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Acolyte

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. Rogue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Creator

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Wanderer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Revenger

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  8. Magician

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. THEY ALL ARE AWESOME

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  10. THEY ALL SUCK

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. SkyKid

SkyKid idk why i play

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    SkyKID
    Level:
    Guild:
    RuneguardS
    I've been playing for 4 years and i've experienced almost everything avabel has to offer, so here is how i would personally rank each class (base classes not ranked) classes are ranked as stand-alone, not rebirth or master skills

Attack-Ability to deal damage with its class skills only not base skills
    Defense-Ability to buff itself to stay alive
    Support-Ability to help other stay alive with buffs

Acolyte
    -Priest: Attack-F, Support-S, Defense-D (no true offensive skills)
    -Linker: Attack-F, Support-A, Defense-A (skill boosts HP, no true offensive skills)
    -Monk: Attack-B, Support-F, Defense C (Skill recovers hp for every few hits landed, great attack skills but lacks range)
    -Exorcist: Attack-A, support-F, Defense A (you become a walking debuff as this class but the laser is super powerful, no support skills)
    -Leg sol: Attack A, Support-F, Defense D (Its a better version of monk but uses kicks instead)
    -Angeuls: Attack B, Support B, Defense S (The skills really keep the enemy (pvp) away and disrupts their movement (pvp), its great for pve in parties)
    -Gradia: Attack B, Support F, Defense D (Its meh, the kick is very nice but overall i'd personally put leg sol above gradia)
    -Ying yang master:Attack B, Support C?, Defense S (Yin yang is a great class all in all, it has a medium aoe and skills to keep the enemy away, i haven't really explored the support capabilities since my time with it was brief )

Warrior
    -Gladiator: Attack A, Support F, Defense C (by far the most overrated class in game, it has 1 useful skill but this class really packs a punch if used correctly)
    -Crusader: Attack B, Support F, Defense A (I personally love crusader, it was my go to class as a warrior and the skills blended well with my defensive build, however, this class has drawbacks because of the animation time for some skills)
    -Paladin: Attack B, Support D, Defense S (Paladin is the most versatile warrior class, it has great self support skills and a OP hidden)
    -Samurai: Attack A, Support F, Defense F (WHACK,WHACK,WHACK,WHACK jk, Slowest animations ever but hits hard)
    -Blader: Attack SSS, Support F, Defense D (The best attacking warrior class hands down)
    -Fire bringer: Attack A, Support F,Defense A (Great attacks, Great defense skill,Not the best speed but not the worse)
    -Dark knight: Attack A, support F, Defense A (Dark knight is everything else paladin could've had,Great attacker and defender)
    -Stinger:Attack SS, Support F, Defense C (Second best attacking warrior class with only 1 drawback, you have to use spears)

(Let me hear you guys opinions on my ranking of the classes)

To be finished later
    Rogue
    Ranger
    Creator
    Wanderer
    Magician
    Revenger

• Like Like x 1
  2. trackz

trackz Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    trackz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    dkn support A if not S from my view as non-warrior. i love the buff so so much!

3. SkyKid

SkyKid idk why i play

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    SkyKID
    Level:
    Guild:
    RuneguardS
    Its nice and lower cooldown is always great, But that 1 skill can't put it up to par with the true support classes overall

4. SkyKid

SkyKid idk why i play

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    SkyKID
    Level:
    Guild:
    RuneguardS
    Rogue
    -Stormraider-Attack B/Support F/Defense F (Gearblades nice but its the only useful skill imo)
    -Debuster-Attack B/Support F/Defense B (Since the class moves crafty it has decent auto defensive capabilities)
    -Assassin-Attack SS/Support F/Defense D (The defensive capabilities only work on pvp and thats against players who can't tank 7 swords, besides that the attacking is superb)
    -Shinobi-Attack B/Support F/Defense C (This class is DANGEROUSLY SWIFT, the animation leaves it open but it hits hard and can defend itself well with its skill set)
    -Raven-Attack A/Support F/Defense B (It has skills that keep the enemy away and all of them hurt)
    -Raiden-Attack A/Support F/Defense C (has a slight chance of stunning and some deadly attacks)
    -Clown-Attack B/Support F/Defense C (The terror hand alone makes it a defensive nightmare up close,combo that with some wild attacks and you have a decent class)
    -Soul Breaker-Attack B/Support F/Defense B (THIS CLASS LITERALLY EATS STATS, AND IT PACKS A DECENT PUNCH AS WELL)

5. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I have a few grips with your system.
    1. You can't ignore base classes. They are fundamental part of every advanced class. If you are looking at them stand alone, you have to include base class skills. Most people don't just use one advanced class's skills without their base.
    2. The categories are too vague, and they don't work in a grand scheme. (See bullets.) Some parts need to be more specific while others need to be re-thought. Example: Instead of attack, how about PvE and PvP potential? Some classes do certain things better than others in reference to those topics. Support examples: could be how do the skills help other people? Buffs and debuffs are excellent sources of support. Knockback can be too, but people don't generally end up helping with it. Defense... it should either be removed or become more specific. The dodge skill is available to all characters, and it is every characters main source defensive mechanic. (In theory, if a player is good enough at timing, they could fight anything without taking damage.
    3. This isn't really necessary in current times. Job Mastering is much easy thanks to Parallel and the increase in jexp gain from most other common sources. For example, I unlock Lost Speller earlier today. As of typing this, I have my passive at level 9, Blizzard at level 8 (almost 9), "deathly fire ball' at 8, and Light Glow at 1. (RIP Light Glow; Don't worry you'll get a chance to shine later... *cough*.) Did I mention I did this solo? Imagine if I had a decent party, some DP water, or even a better event for getting jexp. My point is that it isn't hard to end up mixing job masters, so looking at them individually is almost pointless as you can quickly master other classes to compensate for other weaknesses and problems.
    4. You broke your own system already. You gave Blader and Stinger (for some reason) SSS and SS respectively. Beforehand, the highest rank given was S. Are these classes supposed to be so be so strong that no class can possibly reach its damage. It breaks the scale that was used. Priest has S in support. Does that mean that something higher is coming (which anyone would question having something be as supportive as Priest)? Or was it just not good enough to reach those high values? Either way, the scale clearly isn't balanced. That's the number one rule when making these things.
    • "Attack" is very subjective and based on your gear, branch choice, and play style. There's no true way to categorize it.
    • "Support" seems to be restricted to ability to keep them alive, but there are other ways to support. Debuffs are a great way to support. In a lot of cases, they are better than buffs due to players only needing to apply it to an enemy and instead of constantly trying to apply it to players that move around. Another problem is that it is generally only applicable to only a select few classes designed for it in the first place. Acolyte, Creator, and Wanderer (to an extent) are the only classes that really have support abilities built in. (Even then, it is often incorporated into their base skills more than their advanced class skills.) Most of the classes will get a F in the category by default. What's point of the category if so few classes with actually make the cut?
    • "Defense" is too vague to work. What exactly defines defenses? It also suffers the same issue as support. Only a select few classes gain defensive abilities that. (From my point of view, your categorization of some classes getting higher ranks than others doesn't make sense. I'll cover it later.)
    Now for my gripes with specifics. I only played the Acolyte class, so I can only truly vouch for it. However, I do know enough about Warrior to say a couple of things.
    • First, every Acolyte advanced class should have an A in support and defense. Why? Because they ALWAYS have healing. Their base class has the best burst healing in the game. It will get used regardless of what advanced class gets chosen. (This is why I made my first point.) At the very least, every non physical class should have an A in it as they have nothing restricting their healing abilities. (Instead they could be given a B as their healing abilities have been reduced no matter how you look at it.)
    • Second, Monk should have an S in damage. Flash Knuckle Bomb, Wave Knuckle, and Gale Attack are all high damaging skills. Wave Knuckle has high damage and can be branched to debuff enemies to give more damage to physical skills following it (or more crits... or more damage in per hit). Flash Knuckle Bomb is a spammable attack that does quite a bit of damage. It's only weakness is SP consumption. Do I even to explain Gale Attack? It's passive returns some of its healing back to the player. Since it is automatic, it should bring its defense rank up to S.
    • This is point is more of a question. Why are some of Acolytes advanced classes ranked higher than others in defense when they don't get defensive buffs?
    • Linker deserves an S in support. All of its skills are support oriented. Combine that with healing, and you get a really strong class that helps parties stay alive.
    • Using the Acolyte recommendation, Exorcist should be an A+. While it doesn't buff, its debuffs help prevent allies from getting taking as much damage from magic attacks (which I consider helpful since people tend to wear more physical defense gear).
    • Finally, Stinger should be A. 1. Spears don't have as much attack as swords. 2. I have never heard Stinger to have more damage than the Warrior's other advanced classes. I heard it was an excellent farming class, but I never heard it is the second best attack class. (I think this is where some specific categories would have been better.)
    In my opinion, a classification system isn't really right for this game... especially current game. The scale is out of whack, and the categories need reworking. Also, you can't ignore base skills when looking at advanced class skills as the base skills are never forgotten and used in conjunction with them. That is all I have to say.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Recently the secret awesome upgrade of acolyte base skill Guard Mist really interest me. OK what is Guard Mist? It increase Vit and Men +1 according to skill level (max +10) and gives a slight heal of HP base on INT/magical attack over a time of roughly 2 mins, a time sure enough for you to do lots of other sneaky attack and heals :D

In the past 4 years of what I know is, although it increase Vit and Men, it do not increase any HP or SP. Only physical and magical defense. And to my surprise, just recently I found out it boost HP and SP and that really make spamming of skills longer with SP boost and better regen amount. Never like Guard Mist so much like now.

Acolyte ability to last long in fight is surely one point to consider in the ranking system. Guard Mist and Linker Life Engage I use them together to spam skills. With rebirth and rune/astral system increase additional SP, I can see the near infinite spamming of skills possible in a late game build.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SkyKid

SkyKid idk why i play

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    SkyKID
    Level:
    Guild:
    RuneguardS

Not every acolyte class deserves an A in buffs and monk definitely isn't an S attacker in my opinion. Monk is a B because im comparing it to other classes, Yes monk has superb attacks but hold it next to almost any other advanced class that attacks and it fall into the Great category. Stinger received a SS (or an S) because of its ranged moves and 2h spears deal the 2ND HIGHEST raw damage in game, as for 1h spears I can agree to that, they aren't that great to me, stinger is an S and not a SS, i was just bias for some classes. Exorcist is a tricky one and i always found myself debuffing everything and setting my allies up for failure. Exorcist as I mentioned with monk has some great "support" skills but compared to creator support skills and other acolyte support skills its mediocre. The same goes for your defensive claim, hold it next to every advanced class in game not just others. Also my scale was based on personal thought, Emotion went into blader and stinger but i don't think it'd take much thinking for you to know that the highest My actual scale stops at S (you found it out with priest, since its a personal ranking thread of course there will be some wild bias). I ignored base classes becuase if they were factored in, some advanced classes wouldn't shine as great or Become OP if base skills were mixed in. Yes my categories were very vague xD i noticed too late though. Thanks for the feedback.

8. SkyKid

SkyKid idk why i play

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    SkyKID
    Level:
    Guild:
    RuneguardS
    I noticed also, I buffed today and my hp increased plus i have the life engage skill from linker also. Using both can literally offer a 3k+ HP boost o.o , but as i stated im ranking the advanced classes alone meaning the base classes aren't included so guard mist doesn't factor into any of my grades sadly :(

9. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Yeah I do understand as I do read your post in detail. I admit I do have a problem to look things as a whole (my kick out of the ass habit xD), seek completion and perfection.

But anyway information is power, maybe one day the grading system miraculously add some hidden points for base class superhuman skills that just cannot be ignored :D

10. LordGrimm

LordGrimm New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Shadow
    Level:

11. LordGrimm

LordGrimm New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Shadow
    Level:
    Hey thanks for the Post. I just started playing today and want to play as an Assassin later in game. So can you give me some advice for how to increase my Assassin's Defence?