1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

MY Feed on Monk Class

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by Khmer Meas, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Khmer Meas

Khmer Meas New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    khmer
    Level:
    This is just my opinion for Monk Class for any new up coming monk...

MY monk is lvl 66 almost max out on all skill to be Job Master....
    Ok...Monk 3rd Advance is probably the most Disadvantage of all classes...
    First of all monk is completely different from acolyte,priest,linker as you already know this classes all use INT...
    So most player who start off with acolyte putting INT on there stat and want to be monk later on...it useless
    either spent gold on stat reset or just giving up on trying to be monk, and wasting your crystal....

Not sure why monk is the only 3rd adv class that you can't use your previous skill like the rest of the class rogue, warrior,creator,mage, etc.
    You have too much INT your damage is weak, your have to much STR your your magic attack is weak...This is a Hybrid char that hard to built...so the choice are either be monk with str dex and vit, or Alot of Int with little Str...but you could heal and save gold on pot..plus you could also use your previous skill...From Acolyte,Priest,and Linker...

I only use mainly 1 skill that is Flash knuckle Bomb 25 sp Max OUT...Multiple Damage..and could aoe...Metal Knuckle Blow 3 hit combo.....sp 22
    3sp different...so Metal knuckle blow it useless too me..to waste sp..to do little damage..Wave Knuckles sp 20 Max OUT this is good to add to your combo Flash Knuckle Bomb...or when you roll away from enemy...suck part...it that...take a while to cool down and the range suck...it would be cool if if could throw a fireball from distant...but sadly NO...ok Monk Hidden Skill Gale Attack...powerful skill...you could CHARGE... BLOW A TORNADO FROM YOUR HAND..500-1000 damage depend on stat and gear AOE...consume 40 sp...but i choose C on this one for quick cool time..which cost me 45 sp...cool down..is not that much different...Knuckle from lvl 50-100 look the same...Avatar it so expensive ...and so little in stall maybe you see 3 or 4...6mill or more.

My simple solution to help out Monk Class would be to add magic attack to Knuckle...as much as Blunt or more and here is my reason
    You could equip both knuckle to improve your damage.. Plus you could also increase your heal...and you could also use your previous class skill like Acolyte,Priest,and Linker...Some might say why don't you just equip Blunt...And you can...but by equipping blunt you lost your damage and I personally think both knuckle skill is a lot stronger and faster then having 1 blunt in 1 hand....If they could just make this one simple change...i think it would help monk class a lot...Remember Energy Collect Monk Passive skill need magic attack...to get more hp back...per hit...I really don't understand, what the point of allowing to equip Knuckle to use Acolyte,Priest,and Linker skill when there no MAGIC ATTACK...Thank for Reading...This is just my feedback...some one else might have a totally different opinion which is fine...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sakura-chan

Sakura-chan Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    Yeah, I wish monk was a separate class from acolyte. That would be so much cooler.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Khmer Meas

Khmer Meas New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    khmer
    Level:
    But One cool think about monk is that it has good buff from acolyte,but just suck that you can't use heal, and skill like acolyte, till you have alot of INT...Thank for your reply

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Asectic

Asectic Journeying Minister

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    What I was wondering the heck out of, the first time I heard Monk was going to be the new advanced for a Acolyte, was that why on earth was it made into a healer-type class? I'd figured that with all the punch-type attacks they'd be more suitable to the Warrior, and like Paladin it would be okay for them to have some sort of buff and heal skill. But who knows how the developers think? It was nice of their attempt to include a alternative in build+weapon for the healers who mostly used rods before this, but I would have to agree that the class is most counter intuitive I have seen yet.

Though maybe they'll fix some soon, depending on responses from the consumers, but who knows?
    Also, wrong place. Just letting you know Lol

5. bomackin

bomackin Custom Title Here

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Unmmm I'm no monk or aco, But I'm starting one, but here are my thoughts...

On that, I would say you can take your linker and pr skills in a job master to monk.
    Buffs work on skill level, not matk, so pr sunlight, and any of linker skills are skill just as effective with a str monk.

I also Think that a hybrid is the way to go...
    Monk does HUGE damage, even having one skill that can one hit kill players of its own level in PvP.
    As that is such, to me it is clear that is so because it is designed to have reasonable damage, and yet still have some matk.

Monk's passive also goes to show that, as the passive heal is matk based.

Also, there are skills from aco that a monk can use.
    Its buffs, the magic-shield-thingy, sanctuary(very useful in PvP, yet no monk I've seen uses it).

As to why aco got monk? well monk/priest/etc go together no? idk

But skill wise, a monk is WAY more than just a knuckle busting class, it has buffs and small-medium heals, with out the buffs and heals, monk is defiantly a weak class.

Another reason is that adv classes use HUGE amounts of sp, and monk mainly uses adv skill to attack. Aco has the BEST sp regen of any class.

My personal plan for my monk is to go full int, go full healer till level 70ish once I've job mastered linker and priest(TONS of random dungeon.... i know...) then once I've job mastered those classes, buy a drill book and stat reset to some hybrid set up I'm still trying to work out. Monk NEEDS the buffs from linker and priest to be effective.

Anyways, again, thats just my humble opinion of the class, the largest con to me is the small area of the skill's range.

6. Grawrz

Grawrz Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOLARS Inc
    I'm not sure if anyone here remembers the game Ragnarok Online, but Avabel borrows heavily from it. It has 6 basic classes: Swordsman, Thief, Archer, Magician, Merchant and Acolyte. Then those branch out into:

Swordsman - Knight or Crusader (sound familiar?)
    Thief - Assassin or Rogue (rings a bell, eh?)
    Archer - Hunter or Bard/Dancer
    Magician - Wizard or Sage
    Merchant - Blacksmith or Alchemist (I'm pretty sure you're getting my point right about now)
    Acolyte - Priest or Monk

An expansion eventually added Gunslingers, Soul Linkers and Ninjas. For those too young to know, it was one of the biggest MMOs between 2003-2007. Heck, it's still alive today and still getting updates! Sooo yeah, I'm guessing Asobimo is getting inspiration from Ragnarok Online.

The only difference there, is that Monks have a skill called "Asura Strike" that uses all the of the Monk's SP to make 1 giant hit so Int (that stat that gives SP in addition to MATK) makes sense for him, not so much here in Avabel.

7. Sakura-chan

Sakura-chan Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    I actually like the idea of a fighter-type healer, to add some 'badass-ness' to the acolyte class. But for goodness' sake, the dilemma of an INT-based acolyte turning to an STR-based monk.

I'm a full support healer and I won't restat every time I want to switch class. -.- That's why I ended up making a new acolyte to turn monk.

8. Khmer Meas

Khmer Meas New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    khmer
    Level:

9. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Cid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    Anyone got any details on how much INT/MAttack really affects the monks passive leach skill? I have heard rants about it,but never actual facts..

10. Khmer Meas

Khmer Meas New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    khmer
    Level:
    Im not exactly sure but when I use both knuckle my energy collect consume 60-80 hp regeneration
    When I equipped a blunt is like 100-130
    When I equipped both blunt or Rod playing around with acolyte skill it range from 200-250 energy collect passive skill is max out...so it just all depends on gear and stat.

11. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Cid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    I understand fully how it can resolve down to gear. What I need is a base of actual legit numbers,notmore posts of experiences with seperate weapons etc. Just an outlook of what the base number divide out from Mattack to HP leach. There's a system at work here,it all resolves down to numbers adding up. ^^

12. bomackin

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I was told it is half your matk each time it activates.

13. aleph

aleph Active Member

@MrGlitch & @bomackin
    I've tested out the monk passive on a number of weapons (rod, blunt, knucks, combo of blunt & knucks) at a number of different skill levels, on my INT build aco/pr/monk. When it activates, it heals half of your MATK. If your MATK is a range (as it will be with rod or blunt (alone or combo with knucks)) then it's half of what the range is. If your MATK is a constant (based on INT, when equipped with knucks) the amount is a constant. Increasing the skill level increases the chance that it will activate. Increasing the skill level does not affect the amount of the heal. I'm currently trying to job master priest and am not online to check, but my monk passive is level 7 or 8.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Khmer Meas

Khmer Meas New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    khmer
    Level:
    I would also like to know....so when you find that out....it would be good info to share....

15. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Cid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    Thanks man,that gives me a theory. Now to just settle the magic attack gap with dex & get to 50! XD

• Old Old x 1
  16. aleph

aleph Active Member

I don't know what your theory is, but would it help to know that my acolyte/priest/monk has 35+10 dex and crits quite often, and did so on the monk passive? I'm trying to job master priest right now; with level 9 sunlight (duration version that gives the unknown crit bonus and +9 dex) I crit somewhere between 25-35%. Note that I didn't get that percentage scientifically. It's more a general sense from seeing at least 1 in 4 hits of holy ray landing a crit (though sometimes I land none, and sometimes 4 in a row). So I guess the 25-35% is a baseline estimate rather than proven fact.

17. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Cid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    Ohhh I see. By my crit theory,you should have a 27% crit with the skills usage. That's a pretty nice rate for a small dex build. I still have a hunch there may be a %5base crit rate,but none of my dex testers have hit any crits until lvl 15+. My theory lays on a high dex(so recovery/crit) with the maxed INT(88). I am approaching my Monk by going full dex. At lvl 46 I should reach that. I still got to find a way to get the mats for when I need the class changed.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Max7

Max7 New Member

I made and played a monk as my third character (that I got to 70+). Disappointedly I find the class lacks a lot of synergy between its skill and build compared to the others. True you can try to go with lots of int but it still wont even match up to Priests or even Creators not to mention the lack of punching power. On higher floors you end up seeing other dps dealing above a thousand and you are doing a hundred :~(. Also,Int build with Energy Collect skill would make the skill seem even more unsuited for its original knuckle purpose ( get 350-400 per pop since it matches well with int builds and their weaps). Creators make the better "melee that can heal class" and the regen helps their in-fighting (boxing term pardon) while link heal cast time is much longer making it less suited for middle of fight heal but ok as out of fight hp replenish. Also side note in pvp, creators stun monks quite often due to their high # hits per sec. Str focused monks do good dmg though cant compare to behemoth warriors (with their high dmg per hit > small dmg but fast hit which every hit gets absorbed by def) and also require constant potting. An overall average class but honestly, most ppl just want to see the cool fighting animation. ;) Its still fun as a side character for me.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  19. bomackin

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I have found Monks to be a pain to PvP (I'm a creator) We came out with a tie in our k/d but he had a skill that could nearly (100-200 HP left) one hit kill my creator. Imo, Monk might be the strongest end game class, with the right stat base.
    its just finding it that is the problem.

20. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Cid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    Can someone tell me if their wind gust attack is a magic or mele based?