1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

"Monster Types"

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by KimuraSan, Jan 28, 2015.

1. KimuraSan

KimuraSan Member

I think for weapon it's worth, as most high level 8* weapon (90 level+) are evolved directly from 7* anyways. Besides there isn't any big difference between 90level and 100level weapon, plus many would prefer using 90level instead as cost of slot releaser is also a big factor. (a 100 slot would be very very costly and at least twice more expensive than 90 slot)

Take 2H sword for example, a 90level 8* Di would gives around 565 attk, whereas 100level 8* tycoon Di would gives 595 attk. There's only around 5% difference between the two. With 90 slots (much cheaper and much easier to obtain) and right orbs a 90level one might even out perform 100level one (unless you are rich and lucky enough to get 2x 100 slots, I have been looking for it for months and only found 1 seller who sold me 1 for 245m!)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  2. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Yeah but it's not that terribly expensive if your talking about a 5 star item. A 5star item that acted like 7stars vs specific types (especially humans muahahaha) could be pretty cool. Eventually, when you outgrow it, you could then add a 6th star and sell it. You know, get back some of the money spent. I think I'll try to remove a cheaper type from a level 10 wep before I start messing with my good weapons tho.

Edit: started my experiment with 2 lvl 10 wands, one of them animal type (At current prices, this cost me ~800k where human type would have cost 4.3mil). At one star, the upgraded one does 30% more damage to animal types, and -10% damage to non-animal types. I'll update yall over the first 5 stars to see if the benefits change & then I'll see if I can remove the animal type at 6.

At 2 stars, I got +30% and -10%
    At 3 stars, I got the same +30% and -10%
    At 4 stars, still +30 & -10
    At 5 stars, still +30 & -10
    I had heard reports that the "type" was more effective with higher star weapons but it remained the same thru the 1st 5 stars.

Now the bad news: when I went to evolve away the monster type (going from 5* to 6*), I could evo the animal rod using the plain rod but could not do the reverse. There is no way to remove the monster type and therefore no way to ever sell the weapon... glad I did this experiment on cheapo gears.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  3. Paradox

Paradox New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    ErmaC
    Guild:
    Hebi
    Does the animal type weapon have to be equipped in right hand for it to take effect for dualwielders? Just like the whole elem business?

4. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Yes, treat them like elements.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paradox

Paradox New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    ErmaC
    Guild:
    Hebi
    Hmm than it actually isn't as bad as people are making it out to be saying that you'll be doing less dmg to mobs, when you can just switch the weapon to other hand and your good.. Well I guess this would only apply to dual wielders :3 sorry 2handed wep players :D

6. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Monster types work together regardless which hand it is equipped. I use a monster type on my left hand but still works.
    Same for dual wielding. Dual wielding monster types will have their effect stacked.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paradox

Paradox New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    ErmaC
    Guild:
    Hebi
    Stacked... I like the sound of that :blackalien:, rayleih lied to me :(

8. Elucio

Elucio Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    So if I were to put a human type crystal on a shield,it would reduce more damage?(PvP)
    I was just curious....

9. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Yup

10. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    I didnt lie when i said it should be treated like elements lol. They behave very simular to them with only minor differences.

11. KimuraSan

KimuraSan Member

So from my understanding so far a crystalized weapon would have the following effect on same monster type vs other monsters:
    +30% and -10%

For dual wielding, the effect would be stacked like this:
    +40% and -15%

Please do correct me if I was wrong.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Crystilizing or mob type crystals. It sounds like you speek of mob type crystals.

13. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    We did some tests and we had the same values.

14. KimuraSan

KimuraSan Member

I've heard they have recently modified the values and guess what, I have just crystalized my weapon (2H sword) into human type and that's my findings on players, human type mobs, and non-human type mobs:

Players: +42% (crit damage) +70% (normal damage, may not be accurate as min-max atk varies)
    Human type mobs: +23% (crit damage)
    Non-human type mobs: -15% (crit damage)

It seems there is such a big dramatic increases in damage against players, if the testing is correct! Human type is then even more so a must in pvp. I hope someone else could verify this too!

15. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    That gave a much wider gap between free users - gem users now cos free users wont just humanized their gears if it isnt 8s+. Too costly to evolve them.

Have you tried human on armors? Are there any modifications?

16. KimuraSan

KimuraSan Member

I have not yet try it in armours yet, as I just really get into Pvp now and want more challenge against all type of players to improve my skills faster. Maybe later on after I feel myself reaching my limits against top tier players, then I may try those on.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    I feel you bro. I was like that few weeks ago. Now i feel like im already at my limit. Before human type was released, i dont lose to 8-9s people (im using 7s) except from the two strongest GL's. But now, unknown/random humanized players give me a very hard time and i started losing some fights. Hearing that human bonus increased, i really need to put humans on my armor now. I'll do some tests to check whether there are some changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. dmaman

dmaman Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    dmaman
    Level:
    Guild:
    olympians
    Can i equip more than one monster type to my wepons or armour?

19. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    1 Monster Type Per Gear if you want to add a Monster Type to a Monster Type Gear then the Old Monster Type will most likely be gone and be replace with the New Monster Type it similar to Element & Customize.

20. dmaman

dmaman Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    dmaman
    Level:
    Guild:
    olympians
    Thx for the info