1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Monk

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by IDCAA, Dec 24, 2013.

1. kuplinhg

kuplinhg Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    kupleg
    Level:
    high dex can also increase sp regen.... with 84 dex, sp regen should be pretty high...

2. kal-el

kal-el Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    kalel
    Level:
    Guild:
    Empowered
    yeah it helps on sp regen. apparently your max sp has some effect on it also. i hear it regenerates at 3% per click or something like that. so if you use sp rings it may save you running out as fast when farming then swap to either dex or str rings when in pvp or guerrilla or boss fights and such.

im going to dump all extra stats on dex for increased crit rate only. that plus priests sunlight and the monks crit boost skill should see me alright. if they dont stack ill be disapointed and re skill to take the def de buff path at a later time. the fact we drink pots in an insane ammount annoys me but i just live with it. i really dont mind it enough to think about losing dps over it

3. caleido

caleido Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    praepes
    Level:
    Now i am lv 71 monk with 100str and 50 dex...i deal preety good nice dmg but also i have a good weapon, I guess at least a 5* weapon shouldnt be a problem for majority of 60lv+ chars at least 70+^^ i never thoght to add int on monk...because of stat build i made my ex main priest a alt :) i still dont know what is the best way to build a monk..because i die in pvp very fast...i wish to be more tanky..now i guess need some vit..mby ill max my str and with time just get some vit rings or in a far future ill use some restat scrools :) also i will experiment with double knucks and with blunt weapons.

4. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    why have no Monk try 1h Rod?

5. caleido

caleido Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    praepes
    Level:
    Because of lowering damage? I was thinking about this.. at least 2 knuck seam to have more atack speed also solves little delay after skill from metal knuckle blow so making *moving fast* branch of this skill is useless ^^.. also...mby thats my imagination but i saw more crits coming from dual knuck.

6. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Now I'm eager to make my int priest into a dex = int and use 1H rod an knuckles. I know what you guys would say "why not put str instead of int?" Well as what I would say i have an int paladin str skills does an OK dmg with no str. So since I'm mainly support priest I'll do monk with 1H rod for your guys sake xD

7. caleido

caleido Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    praepes
    Level:
    I think this class is still a interesting question.. so let us know about ure experiments ^^

8. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Items/equipment a I used on testing image.jpg Test on floor 3
    Flash knuckle bomb lvl 5
    • knuckle only - 200-250
    • k/rod - 140-180
    • k/blunt - 190-230
    Metal knuckle blow lvl 5
    • k/o - 250-320, 400-430
    • k/r - 170-230, 310-340
    • k/b - 230-270, 390-410
    Heals per hit
    • k/o - 50-60
    • k/r - 80-90
    • k/b - 70-80
    Heal with link heal
    • k/o - 440 flat
    • k/r - 680-700
    • k/b - 640-670
    ***note: this is with a build of int>dex=vit***
    I left the monk skill lvl to 5 cause I don't want branches to make a fog in this. And this might be useless info but I was bored and well worth it after wasting xtals and pots xD

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. kal-el

kal-el Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    kalel
    Level:
    Guild:
    Empowered
    see if you really want to make a healing tank why not just not use knuckles at all? Full INT with all spare stats on dex and basicly only use the first skill that debuffs armor as you already have a crit boost skill from priest and im not sure they stack. if the crit boosts do stack then its probably best to take the crit boost path also.

then basicly.max the monks passive skill use the best 2 hand rod available for max damage or what i would do is take a 1 hand rod and the best def based shield you can buy. just use whatever the best skills you have from acolyte are to deal damage and any other skills you can carty from previously mastered classes. wearing full 5* or 6* if possible gear with a 6* def based shield should mean you will be almost impossible to kill from level70+ since you will be self healing maybe 250 at a time and then have link heal on top i doubt you will ever fall when fighting around your own level. remember alot of those self heals will even be 500+ crit heals.

only issue would be how much damage you could actually do with just masterd class skills you carry and acolyte skills. at very least you will be a very solid healing tank to help members in team battles.

10. caleido

caleido Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    praepes
    Level:
    Hey monks...who knows.our skills on what elements are based? Who tried elements with skills? Random theory i can make by myself, some real experimenters????

11. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I don't think there are any elements on any monk skills. Most str base skills/class have no elements

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    you would know cause one just put any Element in your Knuckle and you will see the Element Animation in your Knuckle but yes Atk Class's Skills are all or 90% of them are none Element.

13. kal-el

kal-el Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    kalel
    Level:
    Guild:
    Empowered
    possibly some wind element on the hidden skill maybe but im not about to use a wind bowl to find out

14. bonn jeru

bonn jeru New Member

can pr equip knucks? im a full str 70monk going for master then going pr for sunlight. im wondering if i can use knucks and flash to lvl the pr..

15. TaurusSilver

TaurusSilver New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Silver
    Level:
    Guild:
    Eliminate
    Yup they can. That pr buff tho. Haha. Ur going the right path bro goodluck!

16. TaurusSilver

TaurusSilver New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Silver
    Level:
    Guild:
    Eliminate
    I believe monk has light ele skills. WHich will be boosted even more if add light ele on ur knucks.

17. bonn jeru

bonn jeru New Member

Thanks for all the input!greatly appreciated. Now alli need is to log in game. It's taking some time. I wonder what's going on with the servers

18. kal-el

kal-el Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    kalel
    Level:
    Guild:
    Empowered
    I wouldnt suggest using a knuckle. All your priest skills use INT to deal damage. I know you can take one monk skill and buff it with sunlight but its going to be really tedius. Why not just swap to priest befor you complete rush runs? Get your 10k kills each day in rush 1 in a party, with a good 2 handed rod you will have no problems killing enough with acolyte/priest skills and then just switch back to monk after you have used all the jexp you can. The game saves all jexp on each class as you switch. Its not like you will lose anything. Your heals will still be reasonable also if you want to party to farm jexp the slow way.

19. RoyalPain

RoyalPain New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    RoyalPn
    Level:
    What class do you have to be first to become a monk

20. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue