1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Monk

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by IDCAA, Dec 24, 2013.

1. shraft

shraft New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    shraft
    Level:
    How about full dex + int . Blunt knuckle. What do you call on this build.

2. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    Vampirism

The intended is what does the blood syphon

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ajjj

ajjj New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    kissme
    Level:
    Thought I'd give u guys my monk build.
    So I'm lvl 62 right now 100 str and 50 dex with bonuses. I wear a 3* max lvl 50 knuckle and 8* lvl 60 wand and with those I deal good dmg even on f13 normal dmg is 300 to 450 and crits up to 1200. I heal anywhere from 70 normal heal to 160 crit heal per ticket from passive skill(which is lvl 9 almost 10). I feel that the healing definitely evens out the very very slight drop in atk since I save on hp pots and rarely die. And I can heal 500 to 600 average and 1300crit with my lvl 6 acolyte heal.

I just got my lvl 60 7* knuckles now with my hidden skill(at the time it was lvl 3) I have down a max crit of 2400(total dmg was over 3k) on lower floors or rush.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Kuchi

Kuchi New Member

Hi guys I'm lvl 34 aco and I wanna know what skill and stats to put .btw I just joined few weeks ago so I'm hoping that yall could help me , So I'm actually doing normal atks like what I've red from the first page "patience :)"but this took me so much time just to finish floors. Do I need to put int just for finishing floors?
    thanks in advance

5. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Try 2H Rod with str stat. Use those holy ray and shine laser.. Should do fine in rush (technical battle) and level to 50.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kuchi

Kuchi New Member

I tried it and I'm having a hard time to kill leaf Liz and salamander x.x , I can kill like 20-40 per rush

7. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Aco do have hard time always, don't give up :).. try level up at floor or sometimes raid can give you a large exp gain.
    Try upgrading & evolve that 2h rod to 4~5 stars ^_^
    I tried men > str build Aco and I tried the 2h rod method it suit me.. rush sometimes need some luck, due to certain class kill faster (like rogue)..keep trying ;)

Haha i want to go monk too. Troll monk :D not a serious player~

8. IMrReckless

IMrReckless New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    IReckles
    Level:
    Soo, I'm debating if I need the blunt with the knuckles because i don't like how it lowers my dmg... I need to kno weather it's better to have a blunt with knuckles or nah.

9. Zxytu

Zxytu New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Nao
    Level:
    Guild:
    NomNomNomNom
    There is a simple way to lvl to 50 as an monk aco. Fight petite alberos as a warrior spamming flame burst or something (u hit the ground and flames fan out) until 30, then switch to aco, reset stats, and join a guild. Everyone is friendly, just ask, some will help u get to flr 13, at which point, u will be lvl 50. Hope this helped ^^

• Like Like x 1
  10. King_hunter201(

King_hunter201( New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Darryl
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    So I hear int/Dex is good but I wonder... What about full Str 20 vit 40 Dex would that be good for a monk? Any ideas or suggestions?

11. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I really hope you are restating because full strength on an acolyte is rough. (Your heals aren't high. Your attacks' damage is lower than the already low damage with INT.)

I don't know how qualified I am for this, but I'll give it a shot.

If just doing quests is your main goal, any build works. It looks fine for questing (though you won't get much love and praise due to your low ability to heal). I should point out that the passive heal is based on your INT. Don't expect too much from it.

For pvp, it looks fine, but be careful of full DEX players. They'll mess you up with crits.

This is all the advice I have to give. Personally, I find Monk (and the other physical advanced classes of acolyte) to be weird. Personally, I would keep my focus on INT (as my base skills and other advanced classes rely on them) and apply a little strength (for extra damage on the skills). (My though process: damage dealers are everywhere. Healers and support are not.) Since that isn't what's being asked, I'll just link you to the thread for monk (which your post will probably be moved to later by a moderator). I'll still post a link for... reasons. http://avabelforums.com/threads/monk.492/

12. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Here I am. (Hope this doesn't count as a double post.)

Monk... It is in the center of controversy. I'm going to tear apart the STR Acolyte.

Before I start, I want to talk about how smart Asobimo was when they made this class. From what I read, farming as a Priest or Linker was SLOW. Acolytes wanted a way to be able to solo farm better. The problem is they were support. They had decent heals as well. If they were given a really strong INT class that is good for grinding and farming, more players would become Acolytes. They wouldn't need help. Acolytes probably would be the best class (logically speaking). So what did they do? They neutered the one thing that Acolytes had over the other classes... their healing. By making Monk strength based, Acolytes wouldn't be able to heal nearly as effectively as they have before. This way, Acolytes wouldn't be the best farming class. They knew that most of them were INT builds, so they made the passive based on magic attack. So now Acolytes have a class they can farm with, and it doesn't give them the ability to solo content with high damage, heals, and SP management. What they probably didn't expect was that people were going to treat this like a separate class to the original.

This is going to be the account of an INT monk. First of all, I hear Monks have SP problems. Well... it is because you are strength based. Since you are strength based, you end up only using skills from Monk. Those skills DO eat SP. Fortunately for me, I am INT based. I use Knuckle and blunts. I have access to my cheaper INT skills. They may not do as much damage, but I can still chain them together with my monk skills to kill enemies effectively. I don't "guzzle" pots like others do because of this (which in turns saves money). I also have better access to my passive. So I can survive better.

I know people by now are preparing to write a long essay about how this class is strength based and how not having strength lowers your damage. Well that may be the case, but in exchange for lower damage for these four skills, I can use a wider variety of skills from my other classes. Can you imagine how much more dangerous and less predictable you would be in PvP if you had access to ALL your skills and not limiting yourself to a select few? I would also like to point out that damage is not limited to stats. If I have a level 75 9* knuckle and zero STR while someone else has a level 80 7* knuckle with 70 STR, our damage wouldn't be that far apart.

I've heard some people think that Monk doesn't make sense in relation to the rest of the classes. Actually, it makes a lot of sense. The skills require players to be very close to the enemies. Who else is close to the enemies? Rogues, Warriors, and Creators. You can now heal them with your link heal easier since you are already that close with them. You can also buff them easier. It also paired well with Linker. Life engage is a buff that only works with people within range. As a Monk, you'll have a lot more people in your range. (Did anyone else forget this was a party buff? Geez. What is everyone's obsession with using party buffs as just self buffs that other people could be lucky enough to get?)

Finally, Monk does have a blunt and one hand rod skill. Wave Knuckle is a very good skill. I don't know why I don't hear more about it. It is a decent knockback skill. You can use it to knock enemies into a corner and trap them with Sanctuary. If they are trapped, you can use Barrier Force (from Linker) more effectively. (Also other classes can use their placing skills better.) Even with this, people still treat this as a separate class or a type of Acolyte.

So pretty much what I want to hammer in is this: INT Monks have access to more skills, use less SP, and can change through classes with no problems. STR Monks WILL have SP trouble, deal more damage with Strength skills but less damage with INT skills, is limited to STR skills, and as a smaller pool of attacks.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    ........*Sniffles* so beautiful when my hope and faith was being drain as I fall a pair of hands and voice has come to restore what I have almost lost.
    Clap of Approval to @Ace144.

14. Veridis

Veridis New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Vrangsi
    Level:
    I'm extra glad I'm leveling int then.

15. Aihara

Aihara New Member

In Game Name:
    Aihara
    Level:
    Flash bonb knuckles do 4-5 hits bot 2 hits lol u blind bro?

16. こだま

こだま New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    Hello ..
    I was wondering .. can i go full dex with 10* lvl75 knuckle? Or stay with 100str and rest dex?
    And how much crit do i get ?

17. princess_IU

princess_IU New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Adora
    Level:
    Guild:
    Indonese
    Of course you can, dex is the best choice if u have *10 arms. And more flexible with other aco classes.
    I will go with that choice too after rebirth (cause i'm int based now) so then I can go to monk and leg sol class.
    But about how the effect, u need other players who have more knowledge about this.
    Now I'm stickying this, so I could get notif too.✌

• Like Like x 1
  18. Don't Hate Red Nut

Don't Hate Red Nut New Member

Hi everyone, I have few questions about monk class and sorry if anyone had answered similar questions from this thread. Recently I decided to try to build monk as my end game class, I have some scenarios, which one is more appealing ?
    1. Major Int & Dex, master Priest then go for Leg sol and monk (Knuckle & Blunt), which can secure healing sk
    2. Major Str & Dex, Leg sol and monk (knuckle), higher damage but not heal
    3. Hybrid (100str, 40Dex,60Int), courtesy to einzlal
    No matter what, it is just like either I wanna optimize monk dmg, or lowering dmg for better healing and other skills access......

19. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Well it looks like you already have your answer. The question is what do you want more.

I hope the last one isn't supposed to be a PvP build. It is asking to die fast. (No extra hp, no extra defense, very vulnerable to crit. Pretty much, you are a glass cannon. Be careful with that last build if you choose it.)