1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

monk or leg sol

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by shade x, Oct 18, 2014.

1. shade x

shade x New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    shade
    Level:
    I'm currently choosing weather to b a monk or a leg sol . Pls tell me what class is better for PvP and which is better for pve thx guys ;)

2. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    ah..................Monk has Hidden Skill while Leg Sol doesn't also Say This how many Skills do you like in Leg Sol and how man Skills do you like in Monk? if you have you like more that your Advance Class you take Last also Leg Sol Doesn't Heal you on chance of each hit you do

• Like Like x 2
  3. Budder

Budder New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Budder
    Level:
    I would say monk lol cuz leg sol is gonna eat up your SP like crazy

4. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Monk is very predictable and kinda slow. Legs sol has some crazy fast skills. I would go master Leg sol first, take some nice good/fast skill from there then switch to monk. Monk hidden is a must so its good switch to monk last.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. DksFan

DksFan Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    monk is better at pve and leg sol better at pvp. monk's hidden is deadly if you manage to land it, but its range is limited. leg sol skills have range and you can exploit the reach to slowly whittle down opponent's health in pvp.

if you ask me, leg sol is the better class at pvp. monk requires very close range to land a hit and it's not easy when factoring-in lag. however in pve, leg sol skills will eat up your sp in a few min whereas monk you can at least spam a few. monk's skill damage is also superior to leg sol when you are able to land all the hits on a nonmoving target, why is why in pve monk is superior.

one other thing is monk has a very hard time going toe to toe with gl. regardless of how much you hit, their health advantage and 2h damage difference will still beat you if you tried to trade punches. stingers can just play the range game and kill you eventually. leg sol on the other hand you have some ranged skills at your disposal to counter in pvp

6. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    ah So how many Range Skills does Leg Sol has?

7. DksFan

DksFan Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    all leg sol skills have some range. shock kick with range extension is the widest, followed by thrust moon with vertical range. they are comparable to flame burst and fast stab, except wiith better range. lotus kick has least range but is 360 so you can dance around opponents as long as they don't have 360 aoe as well

8. luminachaos

luminachaos New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Gospel
    Level:
    So what do you guys recommend? Should i go for leg sol first or monk? I'm just focusing at leveling im a priest atm to master sunlight then ill either go for monk or legsol,
    They said legsol first then monk but some said monk then legsol, so im confuse .

Ps i just want to level fast though

9. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    It really shouldnt matter if you intend to master both. Just pick the cheapest first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. luminachaos

luminachaos New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Gospel
    Level:
    Which one do you recommend for leveling faster, yup i intend master both but which one is more advisable for leveling

11. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    .... lookie here. I already gave my thoughts about the matter i aint holding hands. They both are very costly in terms of sp useage. Both have quick skills and skills with no cooldown. One debuffs (monk) and one has a chance to stun (leg sol). They are both damage dealer classes. But becuase they are sp costly they arent really useful to level quickly (becuase you will be spending to much money on sp pots or taking more damage then you can heal because you are closer to your target then you normaly are) when you can just sit and gain exp from healing your exp share party and let them do all the work. Just pick one becuase in the end you will end up playing them both to master them.

This is your blunt fourmer/player telling it as it is. Now off with and fetch those crystals and possably stat orbs needed so you can be said class.

EDIT: If you say you wanna be on the front lines then you shouldve have choosen acolyte as a base class. They are support. Yea you can do some damage if push comes to shove but nothen compared fo warrior, rouge, wonderer (yea wonderer. They got a bit more damaging skills then healer), mage, and ranger. Keep that in mind. Use your heals to form parties at higher floors becuase this class is highly wanted because they play the role well enough for the damage dealers to push even harder and kill even faster without worrying about dieing. They are your kamikaze pawns.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  12. DksFan

DksFan Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    Monks with sunlight have the highest dps in pve against boss or single target. Im not kidding. Oh yea we can heal pretty good too to self sustain. I dont know about early on, but at end game monks are just fun.

As for the topic, go monk first then leg sol. Ive answeree this question in monk

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  13. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    At the cost of what sp you have along with your stash of sp potions. No amount of sp regain (unless you went 80+ men ) is going to keep that sp from dropping without hurting your stash of gold. Especially if you plan to spam to get that dps.

I repeat this cant be a main form of damage (or skills) becuase you cant keep up that dps for long.

14. DksFan

DksFan Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    The sp isnt that bad. The bread and butter come from a 23sp skill that is on par with 3 carta swings and cost less sp total. Aco regen also kicks in and helps. Overall i dont actually consume as much sp pot as people think monks consume. I actually make money with my monk comparef to my gl as i can heal so no hp pot needed.

15. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Thats different from me and my monk and warrior. Both have well above average sp regains. Roughly 20-23 for warrior and 34 for monk...my warrior does consistent damage for roughly 15-20 mins depending on what i am chaining (on top of that my gl's cata only uses 23 even with all 3 inputs into the skill much like my assasins twin rumble). However with my monk's unusely high sp regain under the same conditions it only lasts 8-12 mins before needing to drink some sp potions. However if i did it in bursts (usely what i do in pvp with monk) it lasts 10-15 or so mins.

It cant be kept up becuase of how short the skill animation ontop of the fact it has no cooldown.

Say what you will it isnt a form of damage dealing skills that can be kept up for long. Especially with the average players regain rate (which is terrable even with a lot of dex). If it was any different you would see considerably more spamming of these skills in pve and pvp. If you can bring me a video of someone who has ridiculous sp regain (45+ per tick) and can keep it up as longer then i can spam rumble on my infinite sp rouge. Then it can be a useful form of dps at the cost of having to throw those extra punches or kicks.

16. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Time to build some crazy monk lol since i have one more account free to use. Dex > Men for the troll. Troll myself more of course :)

Anyway Dex is a workable build. Just the Men is trolling. Haha..

• Like Like x 2
  17. skipax

skipax New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    skipax
    Level:
    About a sp consumed??i dint see any prob lol since monk use sp pot only...i only use 2 sp pot on solo grnding at f9 until bf...just need 30 dex or more to make the sp regen rate much better..so monk is saver type if u hve a good wpn :)

(Knuckle ia xheap than other wpn)

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
  18. holyshmaw

holyshmaw Member

Class:
    Undecided
    How to release monk's hidden skill?

19. SIXX

SIXX The Number of the Beast

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    Max monks passive

Also IMO monks are far superior in pvp specially if you master leg sol and carry over moon kick to monk.
    Gale has more range than any leg sol attacks except for moon.
    Your opponent is running because he's low on hp ? Moonkick then gale right after. ( you can't dash away from that combo.)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. holyshmaw

holyshmaw Member

Class:
    Undecided
    Nice, tnx man XD