1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Mevius Gear and Expert Blacksmith

Discussion in 'Avabel General Discussions' started by imagelesskink, Feb 5, 2019.

1. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imagelesskink
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    Is there a way to expert evolve Mevius gear? I figured I'd awake and slot release some 120s and expert evolve, but they're not showing up in the list.

2. aleph

aleph Active Member

I haven't actually attempted to expert evolve, but a couple of weeks ago I was able to select my mevius gear from the menu at the expert blacksmith npc. At the time the gear that showed up in the expert evolve menu was maxed, not locked, and equipable by the character. I suspect that whether or not it was equipable was not relevant. Evolving the 15-star level 120 gear was going to give me 13-star 140 gear. Same thing with the 15- to 13-star on other mevius.

3. aleph

aleph Active Member

Checked again after today's maintenance. All of my mevius gear in storage gives a recipe, including items that aren't maxed and including items that are not usable by the character due to class and/or level restrictions.

4. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    There should be... however I believe it is only available to Mevius gear that is at 15*. I believe there are only recipes up to 240. (It might be my memory failing me. It could only go up to 220.)

I used the Expert Blacksmith to evolve one of my knuckles. It went from a 15* 200 to a 13* 220. I don't a recipe for 13* 240, so I am assuming that it won't show until I get my knuckle back to 15*.

Also, avoid doing stuff like awakening and slot releasing on weaker equipment. You should be leveling fast enough for it to be replaced within a couple of weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imagelesskink
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    I've got awakened and released gear from a while ago, when they were the highest available. It's more efficient to evolve than to start over again. Also, weaker gear and rift stones are cheaper in the advanced shop.

6. aleph

aleph Active Member

Details on limits at Expert Blacksmith:
    https://avabelonline.com/information/detail/?information_id=5098
    - Changes in lowering rank (number of stars) from 4 to 2 when expert evolved for Astra and Mevius Arms.
    -- After this maintenance on December 19, only 10 stars of Astra Arms and only 15 starts of Mevius Arms will be possible to conduct Expert Evolve.​

• Like Like x 1