1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Magician Skills, builds, stats (collection of posts)

Discussion in 'Magician' started by thy, Jun 11, 2013.

?

Best Mage advanced class

1. Wizard

2. Lost speller

3. Elementalist

4. soul blader

5. dark pain

6. ignite

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    This this this this this omg this.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Elucio

Elucio Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand....I'm dead x.x

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Zorxen

Zorxen Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zorxen
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    He's not wrong though, aoe sucks at 1v1 unless you trap them and cage them between 2 spells so your aoe is sure to hit. Sadly I messed up my stars early game so I'm lvl 75 but I only have 56 int. So far the only class best for 1v1 as a mage is soul blader, but who has the money to spend on a knife with "decent" Matk. Plus even if the Matk on the knife is crappy, your still gonna need a 1 handed rod to balance the Matk. So 1v1 as a mage isn't really a good idea for people who don't have millions of gold

4. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Im gonna use 2 daggers lvl70 6* and put one wind bowl and one water bowl and test the upgrade in the damage because those elements need a boost to me.

5. Elucio

Elucio Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    Oh yeah....I was speaking in terms of INT based mages,@dgo1987 =)

6. Zorxen

Zorxen Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zorxen
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    I wish I had the gold to afford a dagger with good matk, how do you raise the money to buy them anyways

7. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Play a lot. Farm on F18 and sell those armor/weapon drops (sell 3* in stall).
    Sell relics that Creators need in stall (Blue/Red nut, Clear bottle, Iron Ore etc.), make another character Creator class and try to get same item either from yourself or others and sell pots you can make as Creator), Gold Room, selling Sharp/Hard crystals, selling not needed Avatars or chic boxes and etc. etc.
    A shortcut would be spending real money..

Amazing Opinion at the original topic at the AoE.
    Blizzard has always been overrated because of the big AoE and the effect. Because of this a lot of other skills are being overlooked Ö
    "Mage isn't all about Blizzard" was a quote I think I posted somewhere on this Forum xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    I agree blizzard is good on gvg or pve. I think there are a lot more useful skills on the diferent adv classes for pvp in general.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Im having a problem now... I die easy!!! i need to dodge to much to win battles with my soul blader. My damage is pretty descent, far from the 800-1000(no crit) but i can kill descently. The problem is i have 3k hp and i cant survive a couple of hits so i play very defensive... i cant allow a few hits to make damage because i could die lol xD

Any tips of how much vit is good option?

10. Zorxen

Zorxen Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zorxen
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    Well first you need at least descent armour, that will give you some breathing space with Monsters, for your vit, I recommend anywhere from 30+. I personally have 40 vit so my health is 4,200 and I have 225 def and 220 mdef

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Elucio

Elucio Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    Even with 50+10 vit,you're not gonna go very far..

If you see in this video,he has 5.9k base vit(I doubt he has armor on tho)
    That's just the way mages are...squishy but devastating :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Zorxen

Zorxen Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zorxen
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    Dear god, 34 def, 9 mdef, that's horrible. That's what happens when you focus all your gold on weapons

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Elucio

Elucio Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    lol he wasn't wearing any armor xD
    He has 7* and 8* gears if you check his vids....he wasn't wearing anything in this vid.This vid was just for the base HP amount.

14. Zorxen

Zorxen Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zorxen
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    Ooooooooohhhh........lol

15. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Keep in consideration the amount earned from vit (or men) is based on your base amount of hp or sp. Those vaules are determined by your class. Becuase mage natrualy has the lowest hp amount you will get less overall from vit in terms of hp.

@dgo1987 nothen you can do without sacrificing to many stats to vit. Try useing hp rings and or high def armors (useuly they give more hp). Id honestly suggest 40 vit as a soft cap unless you wanna change your style to suit or adapt to a higher vit mage.

16. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Dang i saw him with gear at 6k+ hp its good mount but not even close to rogues, warriors, creators or wonderers... I gonna change my rings for vit rings. I was gonna do it in lvl80 to have the 10+30 but i need to survive little bit more so dont know if change to 8vit rings right now. I hope my new gear allow me to survive more.

Edit: Ok i will change my dex8 ring and my 7int ring for a 7vit ring and a 8vit ring because i have a +3 vit cristal and a piece of my gear hace a socket so it will be 10+30 after all... But well my hit will drop from 100 to 85. It will be a huge lose in crit rate?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  17. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    I just said the hp given by vit is based on your classes base amount of hp. You will get more bang for your buck if you use HP rings instead.

Edit: as to your crit rate. That is totally dependent on your target's dex/hit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Youre right @~Rayleigh its a better option. That way at least i will achieve 4.4k hp thanks a lot!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bluø

Bluø New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    鉛び筆づ
    Level:
    Hey guys I'm still indicisive about the skills. I prefer PvE so what skills should I max ?

20. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    As a Mage, I recommend you to max ALL Mage's Skills except for the Passive Strength (unless going Soul Blader).
    When you get in higher Levels and higher floors in PvE, you'd want to adapt to your surroundings. Meaning that you want to have the advantage in Elements against the Monsters. Let's say:
    You didn't max (or even learn) Fire Bullet. Then you come to a floor with Monsters with the Earth Elements. Of course you want to take them out easy, fast en with an advantage! But now you have a less effective way to kill the Earth Monsters, because your Fire Bullet isn't either learned or maxed.

Mage has a very large variety of skills as well as different Elements attached to it. If you want to be an effective Mage, you should (at least try) get the skills and max them eventually.
    For me, you can do pretty well with all the basc Mage Skills at Level 5. Most of my basic Mage skills were at Level 5 until I maxed out 4 Advanced Classes. x'D