1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

magician is too slow

Discussion in 'Magician' started by MadokaMagica, Dec 20, 2013.

1. MadokaMagica

MadokaMagica New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ElesisS
    Level:
    It' dps ain't high where his skill is too slow

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  2. Pitzz

Pitzz New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    Level:
    :(but...

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Asectic

Asectic Journeying Minister

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Well that would depend on build wouldn't it? And Ma does have fast spell so I found even on low level that skill does work pretty well.

4. Kenai

Kenai New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    oKENAIo
    Level:
    Well said asec,... i back u up with: equips, skills, and proper timing.
    Some MA's are pvp built which I've heard Dagger MA's does the job (noting on quick casting and get away), inflicting a low damage but, Rod/Staff user's can do the trick w/ proper timing, distance and awareness, the damages are devastating on a well built Mage. A few MA/WZ/EL/LS are mostly massive killls (PVE/PVP). They get dirty work on TW,GDM and sorts. 1v1 however, a players skill come in play.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sakura-chan

Sakura-chan Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    Yes, mages have lower dps and slower casting time compared to some classes. But they make up for it in terms of damage and massive aoe attacks.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zorxen

Zorxen Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zorxen
    Level:
    Guild:
    SkyForce
    u can also spam other spells that have no cooldown if u power them up alot. or use fast casting skill if u want the more powerful spells. we're slow because the magician is the most OP of the classes

• Like Like x 2
  7. 『The † Jo』

『The † Jo』 ☞†☜

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Jo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RagNaroK
    Mage skills are very powerful and here are some reasons why.

‚óè Like Warrior, mage benefit from a pure Atk weapon.(rod)

‚óèMage can stack AoE on top of AoE. (Without slow cast Mage would be Op and overplayed.

‚óèOne of the classes that benefit from high Dex. AoE hits many mob so watching Crits. Fly around is very enjoyable. Not to mention Elemental Crits are more damaging because it amplifies not only the matk but the element damage too.

Personally I am doing int,dex,vit. Why vit because the more I can stand there overlapping spells while regaining sp at the same time is awesome.

If you think your too slow then use wind cutter and Soul blade spells. Have to use a dagger but, you can't have your cake and cookies at the same time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Strife

Strife Drop a Hi if you meet me

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Strife
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Yes theyre slow caster, thats their minus point. Every class has their own weakness. Thats how asobimo balance this class with another class. Can you imagine if a ma with those amazing aoe skill can cast their spell very fast? Seriously as an ro ill just hide at the corner on gvg and eat popcorn while watch all of those ma casting their skill there if they can cast faster than now. Even with their slow casting they murk hard on gvg with those aoe :dead:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CallMeCaty

CallMeCaty New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    shattap
    Level:
    AWW.:(( i feel you. but... i love being magician :))

10. Zorxen

Zorxen Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zorxen
    Level:
    Guild:
    SkyForce
    we all do lol

11. Helfyre

Helfyre Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Helfyre
    Guild:
    Outcasts
    I'm a pure Int build (That's what works for me, I just want damage). But you can cast spells that are fast, like fire bullet, etc. Standing in the middle of black corrupter and then spamming is a good tactic. Also In a battle royal, people have a tendency to gather in a hub. Casting something like blizzard, messes their health up, especially since other players are attacking them. You can also pick off the ones on low health.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    It all depends on where you cast your spells. Watch some pvp addicts mages on nr ch1 and see how they murk other classes. On gdm, they'll be much more effective.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 『The † Jo』

『The † Jo』 ☞†☜

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Jo
    Level:
    Guild:
    RagNaroK
    Yup. I wouldn't mind pure stat int for my make but, not utilizing all my skills just bothers me. Something tells me maybe in the future Soul Blade could use rods. This would make sense that the rod also has physical attack. I am just hoping myself and I think I am not alone in this thought. Plus we have picture proof. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Blackseoul

Blackseoul New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Sedyene
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    With your int/vit/dex build...how are you proportioning and diving up the skill points? I am planning on doing this build with my mage. Just curious how you are doing the points along the way...I figured..right now up until 30 I am going mainly Int..Once I hit 30 I will do a free status reset and then split them up. Once past 30 the free reset is no longer available. I am doing Lost Speller as my advanced class once I get to it.

IGN: Sedyene

15. Helicity

Helicity New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Helicity
    Level:
    I'm playing a mage. And Asectic is correct. Depends on the build. So far no issues for me.

16. Luxx

Luxx BARDCORE

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    EviLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    lostsouls
    A MA with a pro dagger can be devastating.
    My LS is 59, I sparred a int MA with a good dagger..
    Its like I was fighting a rogue, she kicked my ass hard with just wind dagger and water pole.

Mages skills are slow, lvls 1-50 I only used Eneblitz and Water Pole during rush.
    I hit like 800 each hit on my water poles, but of course I have fast spell max and LS passive on lvl 8..
    The MA with dagger was hitting me around 500-600, but her skills executed waaaay faster than mine.

Yeah 2h rod has more m.atk, but its balanced in the same way for dagger cause all the int and quicker cool downs/and fast casting skills. It adds up.

17. Luxx

Luxx BARDCORE

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    EviLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    lostsouls
    It just annoys me when majority of players use 2h rod cause of more m.atk then complain about faster casting or slow cool downs.
    Mages can use daggers for that reason..lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    all Classes can solve their Complaints about having Faster Casting or Cooldowns but they focus too much on the Dmg except for Rogue we always use Dagger so really we have the Shortest we can get beisdes going for Faster Casting/Cooldown Branches

19. Zorxen

Zorxen Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zorxen
    Level:
    Guild:
    SkyForce
    it pretty much is all about your fighting style. for a long time i played with a 2 handed rod. i was strong, but i kept dying too fast befor any of my skills executed, then they were on freakishly long cooldowns. im not a person who uses patience alot, especially when fighting, so i bought a dagger and a one handed rod, i was freakishly weak, and my skills weren't very powerful anymore, but i swore never to go back to two handed rod, so my current fighting style is two one handed rods. quick, devastating power, and short to no cooldown depending on the status of the skill. beware though to get both rods that powerful, i spent over 300k on them. so if you don't have the money don't try this. Happy Hunting guys and Merry Christmas!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Dagger and Wand for Using Adv Classes Skills